List of ten light weight guns to carry in hot weather.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Looks like to me they simply went by weight and worked up. The pocket 9's weigh in at a whopping 17 for the LC 9 the Keltec is around 12 or 13 oz.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I did. Sissy pistols. And I think I smell elderberries.

:lmfao:

The title of the article should be "Because you don't need to defend yourself as much in the summer as you do in the winter!"

Given crime increases when the temperatures do, if there was a ever a time to carry a BUG as a primary it would be in the winter.

Most of the same people falling for that drivel carry a full sized handgun UNDER 3 layers of clothing and a buttoned up jacket and think they are GTG.... never considering it'll take a 2 men a boy and hydraulic crane to clear all that clothing in the event they actually need it.

Backup guns are for just that, backup. Or to stuff in the coat pocket because your primary is buried under the arctic parka.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    With the weather warming up, I usually to carry the same full size 1911 that I carry when its cold, I just tend to carry it in a serpa holster more often, to avoid rust issues. I do own an LCP, but its almost always just a BUG, or a pocket gun for when the carry pistol is buried under a heavy coat. Downsizing for me is going to the Glock 26, because I dont care if that pistol gets a few character marks from summer rust.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If you are wearing shorts and a tee shirt you are unlikely, despite the protests on here, to carry a 1911 or a Glock 19 or 17 or even a 26. My BodyGuard 380 is ALWAYS with me whenever I cannot carry my M&P9 or Glock 19. Any comparison to a 380 being a "girly" round makes me want to see you have one ponted at you. Let's see if it scares you or not. After you are shot I bet you will not be joking around anymore.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

Any way I look at it, the article seems kind of pointless. It's just a list of 10 "lightweight" guns; not the "10 Best," "10 Most Reliable," or "10 Most Popular." Just 10 lightweight guns you can carry. I could list ~another~ 10, but that would be pointless, too.

:dunno:

Top Bottom