List of ten light weight guns to carry in hot weather.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    If you are wearing shorts and a tee shirt you are unlikely, despite the protests on here, to carry a 1911 or a Glock 19 or 17 or even a 26. My BodyGuard 380 is ALWAYS with me whenever I cannot carry my M&P9 or Glock 19. Any comparison to a 380 being a "girly" round makes me want to see you have one ponted at you. Let's see if it scares you or not. After you are shot I bet you will not be joking around anymore.

I carry a full size Glock 17, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I have been for the last month or so....

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you are wearing shorts and a tee shirt you are unlikely, despite the protests on here, to carry a 1911 or a Glock 19 or 17 or even a 26. My BodyGuard 380 is ALWAYS with me whenever I cannot carry my M&P9 or Glock 19. Any comparison to a 380 being a "girly" round makes me want to see you have one ponted at you. Let's see if it scares you or not. After you are shot I bet you will not be joking around anymore.

I am certain that I wouldnt want shot with any gun, but as far as carry of a full size with shorts and t-shirt, unless I am taking the wife out for dinner, I usually am wearing a t-shirt or a polo shirt. When the temps get up over 75, unless I am at work, I wear shorts, and sandals. I normally carry a full size 1911, but switch to a Glock 26 when it gets really hot, and I know I will be sweating alot. Outside of my normal carry gun, I have also carried a Taurus PT92 without any printing to speak of.

A good holster, and a stiff belt will go a long way in making a full size pistol disappear in normal summer clothing.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I carry a full size Glock 17, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I have been for the last month or so....
    Agreed. Carried the 17 yesterday in shorts and t-shirt. Today was a 19 in shorts and t-shirt. My sausage fingers won't even fit the 26. Well, my trigger finger and middle finger but thats it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you are wearing shorts and a tee shirt you are unlikely, despite the protests on here, to carry a 1911 or a Glock 19 or 17 or even a 26.

It seems that, despite your protests, it is actually a fairly common practice to carry a full-size pistol with shorts and a tee shirt.

I prefer an XDm. :)

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    My Taurus PT-111 is a great lightweight carry pistol. Super compact, polymer body. Great gun for the price! It's a millenium "old version". Been carryin it all summer. A good wipe down with an oil rag every once in awhile and she looks good as new!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think big calibers are overrated. So I like a .32 and if I feel the need a .25 to back it up

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt right now. I'm carrying a 92FS and two extra mags.

Other days I carry a HiPower with two extra mags.

It's really not that hard to do. For some of us at least.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt right now. I'm carrying a 92FS and two extra mags.

Other days I carry a HiPower with two extra mags.

It's really not that hard to do. For some of us at least.

Lets see a pic of you carrying that in shorts and a T-shirt!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With the weather warming up, I usually to carry the same full size 1911 that I carry when its cold...

After setting up steel targets for FNS in 100 degrees a week ago, my 5" 1911 was dripping sweat when I was given the "make ready" command. I whined a little about rust starting to show on the hammer when the RO showed his compassion by asking "Are you ready?"

My shorts and T shirts never seem to mind the "real gun" and double mags on the other side.:D

I would never willingly trust the lives of me and mine to a .380.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    old school for me.....S&W 37 Airwieght....nickel...

2zntlvq.jpg

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Easily conceal with a G26 or a G17 in shorts and a tee shirt, IWB at 4oclock. Working on a nice concealed double mag pouch for the other side right now. Haven't worked out the most comfortable way to form it, yet.

Birdstrike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Taurus 709 slim, I'm telling you the slim guns ride a lot better in the belt or pocket, still fit your hand, and pack a punch. P2000SK stays home, and I LOVE that gun!

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011

I don't carry a gun to "scare" people. I carry one to stop aggressive predators. Be sure to lube your little .380 really well, so it won't hurt so much after you empty it on a crackhead or mentally unbalanced criminal, and he takes it away from you and shoves it up your behind.

Then again, I guess that is another advantage of a dinky, small caliber pistol. Easy to carry, either in your pocket, in your purse, or in your rectum.

:):

Top Bottom