• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You might also consider the angle of allowing for people who generally offer valuable participation to have a bad day once in a while as opposed to those who make a hobby of being obnoxious. After all, one of the primary purposes of moderation is to maintain an environment in which the largest possible number of gun owners feel inclined to participate, and ban people for infringing on that rather than snapping the whip on anyone who says **** once in a while or gets short with someone giving him a hard time.

....when they don't agree with certain positions.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Funny, I think some of the ones embracing victimhood have been given more leeway than others.

Oh, surely not. Like where a guy used to troll threads and set people up. Then his personal mod would swoop in and swing the hammer? Nah, I've never seen anything like that.
    :whistle:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait. Did PaulF have a potty mouth?

IRL, when I was younger...yeah. Yeah, I did.

My dad's side of the family are navy men, going way back. I learned to swear early, often, and creatively.

Here, on INGO...well, I spent most of that time as a mod. I wanted to curse. Like, a lot. Moderating INGO can be too much like herding cats. Angry, feral cats. However, swearing tends to sound very juvenile to my middle-aged ear and I use it sparingly now, mostly for comedic effect.

Or when I hurt myself at work. Cussnado.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, surely not. Like where a guy used to troll threads and set people up. Then his personal mod would swoop in and swing the hammer? Nah, I've never seen anything like that.

personal mod? Where can I get one of those?

Kut (feels cheated)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

You know, things different from that side. Every user that received a temp-ban from me got one with good reason...including the user everyone seems to think I "protected".

I asked people, online and in real life, to address any issues they had with me directly, via PM. Only a handful ever did. I consider every one of those guys a friend now.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dunno. It's possible to disagree with the majority opinion without being a dick. but it helps not to have contempt for the people you disagree with.

However, it often seems that it is almost a requirement to be a dick if you disagree with the minority opinion. At the point one gets personal, rather than attack the substance of an argument, then they have moved into dickdom.

Kut (see it a lot)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "**** off" is like ctrl+alt+del

"**** ALL THE WAY OFF!" is like yanking the plug out of he wall.

it's maybe implied in the delivery. So you're like, eh, **** off dude. So then it's pretty obvious you're not all that serious. But then ANTIFA starts blowing that damn air horn in your ear and you're like, **** OFF, *******! So in the latter case, all the way off is implied.

Ah! Now I see. It's akin to the concept of a "hate crime". You're still dead whether your killer was screaming racial epithets or not but if he was, you're much deader?

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You might also consider the angle of allowing for people who generally offer valuable participation to have a bad day once in a while as opposed to those who make a hobby of being obnoxious. After all, one of the primary purposes of moderation is to maintain an environment in which the largest possible number of gun owners feel inclined to participate, and ban people for infringing on that rather than snapping the whip on anyone who says **** once in a while or gets short with someone giving him a hard time.

Oh we all have bad days. I'm not necessarily talking about those sorts of people.

Also, I think word filters should be removed, but that's not my call. We're mostly big boys and girls. It sucks having to dance around it when embedding images or videos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom