• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hmmm... Could be, I suppose. I've just never heard someone tell someone else "go **** 1/4 of the way off". But then again, I've led a relatively sheltered life. :D

Interesting thought. I have told someone that I don't give 3/16 of a damn, but this is new to me as well.

youve offended me. I'm going to my safespace now :):

Oh s**t! He's getting in his safe! EVERYONE DUCK AND COVER!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This thread just eclipsed 5K

Thank god.

Shall we all set it ablaze... together?

giphy.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We have a list (I do) of the usual suspects. When you see them posting in certain threads it is a "Must go look" thing. I will either be amazed, entertained or be forced to go back a page or two and see if there is issues.
    When the membership reports we go look. Nuff said.

With all due respect, I probably agree with the "selected" line... that some people get some lee-way.

There have been plenty of rule-breaking individuals that skate-by because they seem (unconfirmed) to have buddies on the council.

Just my opinion.

Obviously, none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes... but seeing offenders continue to offend for months on-end, one may start to wonder.

Hey, maybe they're being privately warned. Who knows?

Edit, PS: I appreciate you doing the bulk of moderation on this forum. I can't imagine it's an entertaining or enjoyable past-time. I also understand offending and breaking rules can be a subjective thing. Where I may see a user being an ******* to someone, a mod may see a user presenting an opinion they agree with to another user... therefore, no harm no foul.

Edit 2: Debated internally with editing this out... but nah, I feel it needs to be said by someone. Let the chips fall where they may. In conclusion - This shouldn't be a one-mod job. CM is great at what he volunteers to do, but more eyes need to be on this very large forum. He can't see everything, no one has that kind of free time. No one person should be in-charge of so much content.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With all due respect, I probably agree with the "selected" line... that some people get some lee-way.

There have been plenty of rule-breaking individuals that skate-by because they seem (unconfirmed) to have buddies on the council.

Just my opinion.

Obviously, none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes... but seeing offenders continue to offend for months on-end, one may start to wonder.

Edit, PS: I appreciate you doing the bulk of moderation on this forum. I can't imagine it's an entertaining or enjoyable past-time. I also understand offending and breaking rules can be a subjective thing. Where I may see a user being an ******* to someone, a mod may see a user presenting an opinion they agree with to another user... therefore, no harm no foul.

Edit 2: Debated internally with editing this out... but nah, I feel it needs to be said by someone. Let the chips fall where they may. In conclusion - This shouldn't be a one-mod job. CM is great at what he volunteers to do, but more eyes need to be on this very large forum. He can't see everything, no one has that kind of free time. No one person should be in-charge of so much content.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GPIA7R again.

And I agree CM does a helluva job considering he volunteers for an often thankless job.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Just my opinion.

i think it's not just one mod. Maybe people think that because CM participates posting on his own in the forum and when people see a "mod" they get scared into line but it's not just one mod. Also the forum for the most part does a pretty decent job policing itself because of the members who've been here a while. i just think it's rude to other mods here to say they do nothing and it's just one guy. I think the hardest part would be all the cry babies that report posts that don't even violate the rules so then someone has to come look at the posts but also this goes back to the self policing by members. I've had people report me (because they've told me) and I didn't even break rules. Years ago the rules were enforcible to some and not others. If you think there's a special group of people on the forum now I don't see it and I'm biased from years past to look for that. I don't see it. Ingo is pretty awesome.
    nothing is perfect and there are always people that rub each other wrong even if rules aren't broken and that's ok. We don't all have to be friends but we do have to follow the rules and I think the forum is better now than it ever was.

just to be clear I know cm handles a lot of bs and I'm not dogging him. I don't need people throwing their aarp cards, cz's,
    1911's, and walkers at me.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    i think it's not just one mod. Maybe people think that because CM participates posting on his own in the forum and when people see a "mod" they get scared into line but it's not just one mod. Also the forum for the most part does a pretty decent job policing itself because of the members who've been here a while. i just think it's rude to other mods here to say they do nothing and it's just one guy. I think the hardest part would be all the cry babies that report posts that don't even violate the rules so then someone has to come look at the posts but also this goes back to the self policing by members. I've had people report me (because they've told me) and I didn't even break rules. Years ago the rules were enforcible to some and not others. If you think there's a special group of people on the forum now I don't see it and I'm biased from years past to look for that. I don't see it. Ingo is pretty awesome.
    nothing is perfect and there are always people that rub each other wrong even if rules aren't broken and that's ok. We don't all have to be friends but we do have to follow the rules and I think the forum is better now than it ever was.

just to be clear I know cm handles a lot of bs and I'm not dogging him. I don't need people throwing their aarp cards, cz's,
    1911's, and walkers at me.
    Better than them throwing their Geritol and Depends at you?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Just my opinion.

You might also consider the angle of allowing for people who generally offer valuable participation to have a bad day once in a while as opposed to those who make a hobby of being obnoxious. After all, one of the primary purposes of moderation is to maintain an environment in which the largest possible number of gun owners feel inclined to participate, and ban people for infringing on that rather than snapping the whip on anyone who says **** once in a while or gets short with someone giving him a hard time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom