• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    In that case, I don't think you'd have any trouble depositing $1K in cash at any credit union that was a service center for Navy Fed...
    Where exactly is GVGVU. Wel will go with that autocorrect there. Not sure how that's any more correct than FCFCU.

I might have to give them a try.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, letting someone drive before telling them he had a better offer brings the end of NL Christmas Vacation to mind after the cops storm the house and are told he isnt pressing charges. "Thats pretty low mister. If I had a rubber hose..." :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where exactly is GVGVU. Wel will go with that autocorrect there. Not sure how that's any more correct than FCFCU.

I might have to give them a try.
    There are a few branches in Indy, but really Forum should let you deposit $1K in cash if that's more convenient for you. I mean, cash is cash... no waiting for a check to clear.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I don't see fail on the complainer's part CM. I think he provided a valuable service to anyone else that might think about dealing with the seller in the future. I mean, that's kinda the whole purpose of the Good, Bad and Ugly sub-forum, isn't it?
    He broke the rules commenting in the sale ad. That’s a no no lol

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    I don't see fail on the complainer's part CM. I think he provided a valuable service to anyone else that might think about dealing with the seller in the future. I mean, that's kinda the whole purpose of the Good, Bad and Ugly sub-forum, isn't it?
    I posted a passive aggressive SPF after he bumped the thread, after we made a deal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I posted a passive aggressive SPF after he bumped the thread, after we made a deal.
    To be fair, that wasn't yours to do. I'd have reported it to the mods, maybe with the evidence you had of the PMs between you two. Looked like it (his ad, your experience, his past history, etc.) was a situation that required a "come to Jesus" talk from the mods, if not more.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    To be fair, that wasn't yours to do. I'd have reported it to the mods, maybe with the evidence you had of the PMs between you two. Looked like it (his ad, your experience, his past history, etc.) was a situation that required a "come to Jesus" talk from the mods, if not more.
    I gave the mouse my Mea Culpa. I either didn't see the updated no posting rule or completely spaced it. But my guess is this guy got his "INGO" money and we won't see him till he tries to sell or buy again.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I gave the mouse my Mea Culpa. I either didn't see the updated no posting rule or completely spaced it. But my guess is this guy got his "INGO" money and we won't see him till he tries to sell or buy again.

Well, his 0 and -2 record might discourage future buyers, provided they can get by the 'shiny' that they want.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man oh man oh man.

And you question my judgement that has stood the test of time.

Well mostly anyway.......:lmfao:

Guys If I shared everything there would be no mystery. No guessing and gnashing of teeth.....:nailbite:

I actually share more than about any Mod to my memory and have been called on it a few times, but some things need to be known. OP knew what was up. He has been most civil and has my respect.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well I don’t think that would’ve been the proper thing to do either. The mods really don’t want to get involved in a private dispute over the details of a deal and who or who did not honor it.

They can’t just take an official side as a moderator and say “ dude, honor your commitment”

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Or "Just In Case" money.

Just in case you need to disappear and want a little more than

Looks like his other buyer backed out now. Lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Solid detailed communication and agreement is the key to good transactions.

Assumption often turns into a deal killer. Never assume.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Did you try depositing or cashing? I just recently deposited a large check from my mom's estate at FCFCU and they placed a "large deposit hold" on it (which I expected), but they still let me do it, but then again I'm a member. I don't know why they wouldn't let you deposit $1K. Pretty sure FCFCU would service Navy Federal, since they're associated with DFAS (I think).

I did run into an issue with Forum when I wanted to withdraw a large amount, saying they could only do up to $1K, so I had to go to FCFCU (before I was a member) to get the rest..

Open a small account at Forum, that makes these types of issues a lot easier to deal with. In the past I've needed funds from my Fort Sill Federal CU account. At the time my only CU account. They wouldn't do it thru the shared branch program. I made do with what I had and about a week later opened a small account at Forum. Now when I need more than 1k I just tell them to transfer from FSFCU to FCU and then withdraw it from FCU. They don't appreciate the go around but have always honored the request.

Oh and. . . . . . .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom