• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I did not consider it a waste of time. Never do. When you are into guns it is just fun to go see and handle all the firearms and see all the people who show your same interest.

BuckShotSG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    WIN - NC - NASH
    I just got back from the 1500. It's probably the 6th one I have attended and I was very surprised at how slow/small it was. Usually a long line to get in, but this time I walked right it. Was looking for a tactical grey G19...no dice. I did pick up a 1911 gun mat, a castle nut, and a holster for my Sig SP2022.

On on a side note, I'm not sure if I have just become really savvy at finding great prices on the guns I want, but I was shocked in some cases at the prices these dealers are asking. Was looking for a G41 at sub-$620. Not only did I not find one at that price, a couple people had them priced at $699!

I did not find one gun I was interested in at what I would consider a deal or even a really good price.

You should have come seen me. Glock 41 Gen4, New in the box. $599. We are on the Center Isle, Left side at the opposite end of the entrance.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Actually visited without having to work it for once.
    Brad hooked my son up with a decent knife at a great price, we got some blades laser engraved, picked up some spare ar springs/parts, and of course, ghost pepper jerky. Usually the jerky is gone by sunday (when I usually work), so I was pretty happy.

Visited with Alan, and spoke with IndyJohn. I would have talked to Kimball, but his booth is always so damn busy! :)

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I went to the show with my brother and two friends. I noticed quickly that there were a lot of police trade in handguns (all in 40). Many of them were fairly priced in my opinion. I came across a Gen 3 RTF 22 that caught my eye. I was able to talk to the vendors I know, it was nice chatting with them. I would have liked to have seen more surplus rifles. I did however come across a Swiss 1896 for a very fair price. I can't wait to purchase some ammo for it this week and take it to Winamac. Overall I had an enjoyable day with my crew and I can't wait for the next one.
    On a side note I was surprised by the smaller turnout, with this being an election year and all, I thought there would be more people.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    I really enjoyed it. Not too crowded, decent ammo prices for a show, and I scored a nice new range bag for the wife. I also picked up some rounds from XCaliber (out of Cleveland, OH), that I'm anxious to try out.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I stopped by the show today. Not too crowded. High prices. Low selection. Too much non-gun/knife stuff. Wish I had saved my $12.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I enjoyed the show. Went with family. Only picked up a few boxes of ammo. And some things for the first aid kit.
    Smaller show, but that's okay by me. Surprised by some empty tables.
    Like another has said, I was happy to see ample supplies of 22. A bit overpriced, but available.

Awan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Boone County
    This was my first Indy 1500 and was surprised at the size of the show (one of the vendors did tell me this is the smallest, but the Spring and Fall shows are larger) and the small crowd, too - definitely not on the scale of the Wanenmacher shows in Tulsa. There was a long line of vehicles on 38th Street, waiting to get in, but it was because of another event.

I do enjoy window shopping at shows and saw an extremely rare Russian Magant pistol! :dunno: I did buy a few items - a thermoplastic ammo case (30mm) and some milsurp stuff, plus give some $$ to the USO and the Marines.

I did peruse the Glock prices, comparing them with the Blue Label program. If you are interested in purchasing a new Glock, I suggest checking out the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) program. You can join with a 2-year membership ($60), which allows you to purchase a Blue Label Glock - saving about $100 off the retail price. For example, the G34 Gen 4 is priced at $507.

I'm looking forward to the Indy 1500 Fall show.

Tyler13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    Wanamaker
    Unfortunately this time of year the crowd gets thin. Dealers always expect it. Most people just finished paying for prom, graduation, summer house projects, vacations, etc. It always picks back up in the fall at the larger shows. Fortunately the small crowd we are seeing have been a buying crowd. Not just people looking at stuff and moving on with no money in their pockets!

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    This was the first 1500 I've been to and was pretty surprised for it being a "small show." I found a few items but no big scores. I will certainly have to check out a fall show if my schedule allows it.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    The show was smaller for certain. The light traffic was great for me! Not so good for the dealers. I found a few good deals - 1K 9mm Blazer brass 124gr for $209. Seemed like a deal to me at $10.45 a box...

I picked up a Gerber multi tool in a molle case for $25. That seemed pretty good too. Already attached to my backpack.

Went looking for nothing and bought a few items.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another bump, anybody there? Should I go tomorrow or stay home and mow the yard?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I went. Decent show. About like the last one. Got a holster made for my Sig P2022 with laser/light. Picked up level 4 side plates for my carrier, a practice butterfly knife, a 1911 mag I needed and a 3 rifle soft case. Got some pretty good deals on all that stuff. Overall, I just love going to gun shows.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I went with a pocket full of money. I came home with most of it. Just picked up some ammo. Not much jumped out at me.

Didn't see a lot of survival stuff there (Food, water purifying, first aid)
    Did see plenty of 22 there, but most was overpriced.maybe $40 a brick was average asking price. But at least it was there.

Went with family, so still had a great time!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    attachment.php

Top Bottom