• Loaded Round Indicator

• Total voters

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Personally, I think they're dumb. That's technical jargon. :) Basically, I find them to be annoying and a waste of time/labor/materials. That's why when I was researching for my first handgun purchase, I settled on a SW M&P (well, one reason). They're loaded indicator is simply a tiny hole through which you can see the brass. It simplifies the idea in my mind. Plus, it's just one more piece to break...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I think getting in the habit of checking manually is the best. Sure it might take a bit longer, but you'll be able to function the exact same on ANY handgun. Its also the same reason I run the slide and not use the slide release levers and such.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Purely backdoor gun control IMO making it harder for guns to be approved for MA CA and Chicago. Rules 1-4 satisfy whether or not the chamber is loaded, no daylight then the gun is loaded and ready to go.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some (M&P, for example) just have visual indicators. That does no good for checking in the dark.

Others have visual and tactile indicators, but I still wouldn't trust it.

Manual (visual and tactile) chamber checking for me. It works with all guns, in all conditions.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I love the one on my Ruger sr9 because you can actualy tell it is loaded unlike a Glock

Not exactly a big red flag with a marching band, but it's there if you need it...

2311180701_c5f58459ef.jpg

I can do without it.

What's funny is reading the owners manual of guns with a LCI ...a paraphrase goes something like:
    "Our new design features a bright orange and red flashing neon sign to notify you that you actually put ammo in your SD firearm. But, please don't construe this to mean that we, the manufacture, could be held responsible for anything that might go awry with this fool-proof safety device installed just so we can sell our products in states that think firearms are bad, bad, bad! Always check the chamber yourself, like any responsible, thinking, owner of a deadly weapon. Remember to treat all guns as if they were loaded. We hope you enjoy this advanced, new, improved feature that makes owning a firearm so much safer!"
    So, yeah, ask me how I really feel. :rolleyes: :dunno: :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Loaded chamber indicators remind me of a level mounted on a drill. If you're paying attention to the gadget, you're not doing it right!

I don't trust them any more than I would a safety.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I think that the loaded round feature is a good thing, I always carry loaded. It's just nice to have the new glock extractor on the gen 1 mod 22 that I own. My wife's sigma has that drilled out portion too. Guess it's more of a convience. I know that all firearms are loaded till you open the weapon and check the chamber, so does every member of my family. Just a good feature though.

Top Bottom