• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Article in today's Star said that it's a revenue issue - as in: the local station isn't sending enough revenue upstream to the Mothership.

And that the local wasn't budging on what they were sending; and the Mothership may very well be teaching this local + others nation wide "a lesson"

A friend of mine is a director/producer type person with WISH. I texted him yesterday asking if he may be out of a job. I haven't heard back. His silence is telling the answer, I'm afraid.

-J-

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mr Evilwrench, that was back when the signals had to travel uphill, both ways, right?

Knee deep in snow, even in the summer. And all the shows were B&W, even the ones that said they were in color, they LIED! Oh, then we got a color TV. Nevermind.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I'll miss Pamela Gardner and Hope Julie Patterson isn't out of a job or can find one quickly. Very nice lady - we use to live across the street from her and her family.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Article in today's Star said that it's a revenue issue - as in: the local station isn't sending enough revenue upstream to the Mothership.

And that the local wasn't budging on what they were sending; and the Mothership may very well be teaching this local + others nation wide "a lesson"

A friend of mine is a director/producer type person with WISH. I texted him yesterday asking if he may be out of a job. I haven't heard back. His silence is telling the answer, I'm afraid.

-J-

It couldn't happen to a better group of people if they do end up on the street. Karma. WISH has been treating employees like trash for the last couple of years. Demoting people that had been with them for years. I have a friend ...they canned him and he now is with FOX...bet he is loving this news even if he wouldnt admit it.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    WTTV was one of the very first channels we got on cable tv years ago. Wasn't that the channel Sammy Terry was on? And Cowboy Bob?
    Yep, Sammy Terry, Cowboy Boy and Janie were all Channel 4.

It will be nice to get the network programming off the last VHS holdout, though. Makes reception troublesome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

-J-

I have done some work for them in the past. They were terrible about paying. Maint. staff rumbled about POS management but I never thought this would happen. I am sure management thought the same.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    One thing I am looking forward to is no more Steve Bray. Unless another station picks him up which I hope they don't.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh and getting up to change channels, figuring out where to bang on the thing for each sort of misbehavior, positioning the rabbit ears including balancing on one foot with your other leg sticking out and making the right facial expression...

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    OP wasn't the only one taken by surprise. Local radio stations were reporting the news before WISH employees were told. :n00b:

The local talent has contracts (and non-competes) with WISH, not CBS. That means they're going to have to sit out a year (or whatever the term of the non-compete is) to stay in the local market if they don't want to work for whatever WISH morphs into.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    OP wasn't the only one taken by surprise. Local radio stations were reporting the news before WISH employees were told. :n00b:

The local talent has contracts (and non-competes) with WISH, not CBS. That means they're going to have to sit out a year (or whatever the term of the non-compete is) to stay in the local market if they don't want to work for whatever WISH morphs into.

If WISH can afford to pay them. If you're advertiser, it's times like this those "what-if", contract termination clauses come in handy. :D

Top Bottom