• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know that many Southern Indiana INGO'ers (especially in the Madison area) are familiar with Stewart's Firearms and Collectibles in Smithfield, KY (across the River from Madison, IN...)

Tim and I are good friends and met years ago hanging out at various other gun shops...We both made career changes at the same time and decided to open gun shops with one goal and vow in mind...Whatever pissed us off when we were on the customer's side of the counter we would never do on the owner's side of the counter...

Sunday morning while celebrating my 50th birthday by shooting my gift to myself Smith and Wesson Model 34-1 my cell phone rang and it was one of my customer's...Being it was a Sunday morning early I knew the news was not good at it wasn't...Saturday after closing the shop Tim had a stroke...He is a couple of years younger than me and this is a shock to everyone...I spoke to his wife this morning and the shop is being run by his brother and his two boys until Tim get's back on his feet...The clot was on the left side and he is cognitive but unable to really speak much as of now...His wife said Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise he will be getting out of ICU later today...I don't believe they have an assessment yet of the damage but I know Tim is a fighter, a hell of a hunter,a good businessman and a friend of the shooting sports....(NRA instructor to boot...)

If those who believe would be kind enough to drop a prayer skyward for Tim's recovery I would sure appreciate it....This was awkward for me and if Tim knew I was doing this he would make some joke about Hoosiers being such wishy-washy wimps and to just let the chips fall where they may, but I have really come to like this INGO community and I know quite a few INGO'ers frequent Tim's shop. I wanted to let them know what I knew as of now...

Thanks guys for letting me get this off my chest...I feel like I have been kidney punched....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rick, as Mike said, any friend of yours...
    Prayers up for Tim, his family and you.

(You know, up here in Canada we're just a little closer to heaven, so the prayers should get there quick. ;))

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Heanenly Father, we lift our brother Tim up to You today. We ask for Wisdom for those treating him. Comfort for him and his family as they deal with this and Healing of his body from this medical truma. We know you are The Great Healer and will be right beside Tim as he recovers.
    Shalom and Amen

Top Bottom