• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    As I posted in a separate thread, if you are a Hammond resident and have been adversely affected by the city's now-void gun bans, please PM me.

By "adversely affected," I mean that you have been prevented from carrying a firearm onto city property since 7/1/2011 for fear of being prosecuted for a violation of a city ordinance, when carrying the firearm would have otherwise been entirely lawful (e.g., you have a valid LTCH).

Thanks.

Guy

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    As I posted in a separate thread, if you are a Hammond resident and have been adversely affected by the city's now-void gun bans, please PM me.

By "adversely affected," I mean that you have been prevented from carrying a firearm onto city property since 7/1/2011 for fear of being prosecuted for a violation of a city ordinance, when carrying the firearm would have otherwise been entirely lawful (e.g., you have a valid LTCH).

Thanks.

Guy

That should be any easy person to find. C'mon Hammondites or Hammondtonians or Hammondians or...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Thanks.

Guy
    Do you need to be a Hammond resident?

I was going to visit up there (you know, Cabelas, and then a walk in the park), but their Parks Ordinance and City Council's blatant disregard for State Law has caused me to stay away.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That's definitely an "adverse affect."
    So, what's the process? I could use a few extra bucks. Since they have already admitted fault, this should be cut and dry. Do I just send them a bill?

Seriously, though, since none of us are really in this for the money, how about a class action lawsuit? ALL LTCH HOLDERS have been "adversely affected" by this. That's what, about 350,000 people?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    So, what's the process? I could use a few extra bucks. Since they have already admitted fault, this should be cut and dry. Do I just send them a bill?

Seriously, though, since none of us are really in this for the money, how about a class action lawsuit? ALL LTCH HOLDERS have been "adversely affected" by this. That's what, about 350,000 people?

I am looking into that right now. I may not be able to comment much further on the forum however.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Do I just send them a bill?
    :D:rockwoot:LOVE IT! that is awesome. After all, you are just trying to save them litigation cost by going directly to invoicing.

By the way, sending them a "Bill" was exactly what I suggested. Send Bill B in there. I am sure he loves that idea.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    This was posted on the front door of the Madison, IN visitors center about a month ago when my wife and I went down for a day trip.

IMAG1663.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    SEA 292 - the one that prevents local political bodies from regulating gun possession does not apply to the state itself. So, if it is a state property, they can have those kinds of regulations, I believe.

The Seal of the State of Indiana on there makes me think that it is a state regulation, rather than a local one.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I can print up a piece of paper with the state seal and a "regulation" but that does not make it so.

Cite the state regs or IC where a visitor's center is off limits? As far as I know, that's not one of the prohibited places in the IC or the IAC.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I can print up a piece of paper with the state seal and a "regulation" but that does not make it so.

Cite the state regs or IC where a visitor's center is off limits? As far as I know, that's not one of the prohibited places in the IC or the IAC.

The other part of this is that the building and the land that the visitor center sits on is privately owned by the neighboring Lanier Mansion.

I'm not for certain, I believe the Lanier Mansion is a national historic landmark. Do these hold merit as federal "gun free zones"?

Top Bottom