• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'd like to get me one of those....but it all comes down to me spending money on more guns and ammo... maybe Obama will send me my part of the bailout:rolleyes: Until that happens I'll just have to try and save up:D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ok I gotta know phylo. How well do those cans work on those.308s?

As Nick stated, they work very well. I can shoot mine without ear protection very comfortably (and I'm a bit sensitive on the issue having worked at a firearms range the past couple of years). A well designed suppressor will actually provide a bit of freebore boost (increased velocity), an improvement in accuracy potential and a reduction in recoil which helps keep the platform on target so you can watch your hits and make quick follow up shots or adjustments as necessary.

I've become a bit spoiled and don't like to shoot unsuppressed rifles anymore.

These two rounds were fired at 100 yards into a dime from my .308 with the suppressor on. It doesn't hurt accuracy one bit ;)
    IMG00028-20090317-1049.jpg

IMG00030-20090317-1050.jpg

After I had it embedded into a block of Lucite
    IMG_3495.jpg

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    DANG PHYLO you have got quite the collection...do you do long range dove hunting with the above pic. And excellent shooting with the .308..I'm completely jealous :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've walked off of more dove fields with my head hung in shame than I have with a full game pocket. Maybe I should give it a try, lol...

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm not sure which category this one falls in to...
    Picture005.jpg

Ive got to show my buddy this one.
    awhile back I was bored so I took my pistol gripped mossy 500 with the 18.5" barrel and put a bi pod on it and a cheap o barska 6-24x50 varmint scope,bore sighted it and put it away in my travel case...next day I took it along with out tellin my buddy and the range was packed...I laid that little monster out on the table and instantly everyone stopped shooting and came over to see what I had:n00b: shot it at the 50yrd target with a 3" rifled slug and when I did I bent the legs on my bi pod as I had them wedged in the slats on the wood table and screwed up my thumb from the the swivel stud on the side of the grip...when I looked down the scope again my cross hairs where gone!:dunno: apparently that cheap $40 scope couldnt handle the recoil:ar15: gave everyone a good luagh tho. anywho..my buddy said I have to be the only one to ever do something like that...nice to see there are others like me out there:):

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've walked off of more dove fields with my head hung in shame than I have with a full game pocket. Maybe I should give it a try, lol...

We used to say if we emptied a box of shotgun shells shooting at doves and filled the box back up with dead birds, we were doing pretty well! Now, I've got an English setter to find quail, chukkars, pheasant and woodcock. Bigger slower birds are easier to hit! Not easy, but easier than those little feathered F-15's!!

Doug K

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    We used to say if we emptied a box of shotgun shells shooting at doves and filled the box back up with dead birds, we were doing pretty well! Now, I've got an English setter to find quail, chukkars, pheasant and woodcock. Bigger slower birds are easier to hit! Not easy, but easier than those little feathered F-15's!!

Doug K
    I always thought doves where fast until I had my first teal hunting experiance..them damn things are so fast they sound like little fighter jets when they buzz over..if you dont see them coming forget about a shot because by the time you even think about raising your gun they're out of there. woodcock are damn quick too...amazes me who they can fly through the woods that quick and not hit a tree lol.:ar15:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My DSA

3513876431_77b129fde6.jpg

Still hasn't been shot... I'm hoping to get some time very soon. It's killing me letting it just sit.

Top Bottom