• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I was at my uncles farm on the Rush Co./Fayette Co. line. That is the farthest I can "Safely" get. I had a nice sized woods as a back drop and no road or houses for about a half mile. I could do a 1000 if I had about a 10' or 12' elevated platform to shoot from. May have to cut down a tree or two, but I think it could be done.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I was at my uncles farm on the Rush Co./Fayette Co. line. That is the farthest I can "Safely" get. I had a nice sized woods as a back drop and no road or houses for about a half mile. I could do a 1000 if I had about a 10' or 12' elevated platform to shoot from. May have to cut down a tree or two, but I think it could be done.

im in the same boat. i can get 750ish from the prone from the back of a truck but if i build a 15ft shooting tower i can get (a guess) 900.

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Let's get some more info! :D Any modifications to your rifles? If that is stock with good glass, holy crap, I know what is next on my list! :D

I'm with you. I have a savage 10 fp tactical 308 that shoots well but oneshotonekill's rem 700 PSS seems to have the edge on it (in my hands at least) He outshoots me with my own Savage, ain't that some sheet!

I started to buy an Ultimate Varmint stock at the gun show but had a change of mind after I thought about it. I know i will have to have a Rem 700 PSS soon and I am satisfied with the factory stock it comes with. There is always better out there depending on your wallet but the rem 700 is one hell of a shooter and is about the top of my price range for now

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    Not bad for scoped rifles. Thats a long way. Do you guys have AR's? I would like to see 500 meters and iron sights. Thats quailfing range in the Marine Corps. I never seen a reply on who's the better shot? I wanna see more. Hard sights for men, scopes for boys......

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Ol' Bear Arms Jim has a couple of AR's I traded mine off last fall to get that rifle actually. I have a lower now, but no upper for it yet.

We could probably make that shot I'd say. What's the rules for qualifying? How many shots in what size target? How much time? What do we get for sighting the rifle allowance?

As far as who is the better shot????.....I'll say he is. There is no shame in being the spotter, I can crunch numbers like Rain Man .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom