• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I like the idea of a thin gun with a slightly longer slide. If this new Sig does that... maybe it'll be on the shortlist.
    I also really like the (idea of) the new longer slide Shield PC

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    as another quick follow-up:
    I love the idea of a commander slide on a officer frame (1911 size references) BUT with MORE CAPACITY.
    A commanding officer/CCO/EMP 4" sized gun with more than 9 rds of 9mm would be very tempting

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The slide is different, and the grip is different.

Why did they give it the same model number? It's a different gun.

Unlike Glock, most handgun manufactures understand that changing the grip length and slide length does not create a "new" model.

The P365 obsoletes the Glock 43, and it looks like the P365 XL will obsolete the Glock 43x and 48. Silver spray-painted slide not included. :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So a P365 that’s the size of my M&P Compact 2.0? With 2 less rounds.

So not being a smart@$$ what’s the point ?

How about a super sized Shield or a Glock 26 big country?

It's all about the width. And in the case of the M&P compact, also the weight. I have an M&P Compact 2.0 with the 3.6" barrel. It is 33.6 oz loaded. My P365 is 24.6 oz. loaded. This new P365xl will certainly be lighter and more concealable than an M&P compact 2.0. Single stack width with a compromise of only 3 rounds. (12+1 vs 15+1) And P365 15 round mags will be available. Not to mention that the ergonomics and trigger of my P365 are better than my M&P compact.

Super-sized Shield, eh? You mean the new 4" Performance Center model Shields? I'll be picking up a 4" Shield .45 soon to go with my standard model. Because I like the extra sight radius and velocity from a 4" barrel, while maintaining the easy to conceal width and light weight.

As far as Glock goes, don't be surprised when they slap a 26 slide on a 19 frame and call it a model 49.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I stopped at my LGS today to kill some time. They had this new XL in stock. ($569). I had yet to handle any 365 yet so I asked to see one of each. The XL has a flat trigger and it breaks at the 90°, instead of closer to the grip. Good trigger. Really good in fact. With the standard 12 Rd mag, I can almost get my pinky all the way on the grip. My palm still hangs off the back a little but no big deal.

It was starting to really appeal to me. I usually carry a 4" XDs. I love it. It's slim and with the 7 Rd mag, it really conceals great. Put the 8 Rd in and I can almost get a full grip on it, very similar to the way the XL felt. With the 9 Rd mag, it's like a full size pistol where I can get a full grip.

The guy behind the counter handed me a 15 Rd mag for the XL. I was getting excited. I put it in, took a proper grip and it felt horrible. The base plate conforms nicely on the front of the grip but the back is just left blank. Back of the mag blank. The gaps and edges just felt horrible.

Really? Springfield, Ruger, S&W and how many other manufacturers make a nice sleeve to bridge the gap between the bottom of the grip and the base plate of the mag. I know they have their reasons, but with today's technology, I don't see any reason for this design. I'm probably missing something I'm sure. But dang. Seems like they hit a home run with the pistol but, tripped over third base and spranged an ankle.

Here's a picture of it.

Sig-P365XL-P365-14.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Gave and am very happy with the original P365 but have to admit this looks like the answer to the question that nobody asked.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That nobody asked? Folks have been clamoring for a long slide, short grip 9mm pistol for eons. Hell, a popular mod is to cut down full size Glock frames to mid-size.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a P3665 that has been my EDC since it came out. Even had it milled for a RMS-c. Love the gun.

Then the G48 came out and I had to have one since I am a Glock guy. Love the longer slide but did not love the loosing 2 rounds to the P365.

The minute the P365 XL come out, I pre-ordered one. It arrived today and picking it up tomorrow from my LGS. I see it as the perfect combination of the G48 slide length and P365 mag capacity.

***only to be disrupted by the 15 round mags for the G48 supposedly coming out by the end of the month.

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Just picked up my P365XL. Initial thoughts:

Love the flared magwell.
    Grip seem slimmer than a P365 but I think that is just because I can get my pinky on it for a more stable grip.
    Flat trigger is a winner!

Now to decide between Shield RMS-c or Romeo Zero.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just picked up my P365XL. Initial thoughts:

Love the flared magwell.
    Grip seem slimmer than a P365 but I think that is just because I can get my pinky on it for a more stable grip.
    Flat trigger is a winner!

Now to decide between Shield RMS-c or Romeo Zero.

That trigger is a real winner for sure.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Interesting video.

[video=youtube;pPh-IjuBDrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPh-IjuBDrw&list=WL&index=3[/video]

I would really like to see a P365XL vs G26 video from someone.

I bought my G26 about 9 years ago before all these new compact and subcompact guns hit the market. And after looking at most of these new guns, I keep coming back to my G26. My example has been very, very reliable for me and will eat any ammo I feed it. At least for myself, I don't have to wonder if it will work when I need it most.

But I will admit, some of these new pistols look and feel really nice.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Hickok's thoughts on the XL vs standard.....

[video=youtube;8jmN3_nRYt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jmN3_nRYt4&t=366s[/video]

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I just got one from point blank range in Merrillville . I can’t believe this thing, for me it’s perfect.
    fits my hand like it was made for me and stupid accurate. Putting rounds through the same hole at 30ft.
    all day shooter that eats anything I feed it, seemed to really like 147 gr hst, most accurate.
    i like the idea that I get better velocity with longer barrel and doesn’t feel like a brick in the hand.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Glad to hear that. I've been contemplating one too. I could probably get over the stupid gap of the 15 Rd magazine, which is the only thing I don't like about it. I got so worked up about it, I didn't give the flush fit 12 Rd mag a real chance.

Maybe one of these days.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom