• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Big fan of the gun. Maybe 500 rounds through it so far. No issues. Being a glock guy the trigger seems to be my biggest complaint. After I got used to it, I would say it shoots similar to my g19. Much smaller package though and very comfortable IWB appendix carry. Perfect carry gun for T-shirt’s if your looking for a slim handgun with good shoot ability and good capacity in 9mm.

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    With the extended magazine you get 15 rounds!! Just like the factory G19 but not near the weight or size.

Only thing holding me from purchasing is a good looking light option and a micro RDS.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think this is "the" sweet spot. Single stack slimness, double stack capacity.

I love my 4" XDs. Seriously love how thin it is. Double the capacity? Perfection.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    P365X Macro.PNG

Pros:
    Really like that the pistol is still thin.
    Height is not too bad, only .2 inch taller than a Glock 48, but 17 round capacity in a factory mag.
    Very lightweight.
    P365 grip texture is very good.
    Likely going to be reliable, as the P365 platform has been out for a while now.
    Rear sight is in its own dovetail, instead of integral with the optics plate.
    Standard picatinny rail.

Cons:
    3.1 inch barrel in a practically full length slide to accomodate silly, unnecessary "comp."
    Front sight placement is weird to compensate for the unnecessary compensator.
    Did I mention that the comp slide is silly and unnecessary?

I read on another forum that Sig will be selling the grip module alone, which is compatible with the standard P365 XL slide.
    Now THAT, I might be interested in. Would be hard to beat a standard P365XL with 17 round capacity.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Speaking from experience, you want the front sight where they have placed it. If you decide to shoot it in a dark condition, the fireball from the comp will obscure the site and now you have a real problem. I guess the red dot will help eliminate that, but it is something to consider.
    I don't think I will ever use a comp pistol as a primary carry piece because of the flash issue. Better off with a small suppressor.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Cons:
    3.1 inch barrel in a practically full length slide to accomodate silly, unnecessary "comp."
    Front sight placement is weird to compensate for the unnecessary compensator.
    Did I mention that the comp slide is silly and unnecessary?
    Would you rather just have full length barrel with that length of slide? I think I'd like that more. I've shot a little bit of compensated 9mm and haven't felt much of a difference in recoil personally. It wasn't one of those giant race comps, more like the one sig has here, but a typical threaded attachment, not built into the slide.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Based on all these conversations I’m beginning to get more and more interested in the P365 as a carry gun. It would take the place of a J frame from time to time.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Did they ever do anything about them shooting low. Very little time behind the trigger with one but they shot low for me.
    Most of the time it’s not the pistol shooting low, it’s the shooter not aiming right!

Sigs use the combat sight picture I hate that about sigs! You can swap out sights to get 6 o’clock if you want, it’s a combination of 6 or 8 front and rear but I’m not sure which one is correct for your gun!

On my 320 legion I had to top out the adjustment on the rear sight to get 6 o’clock! A friend had to do the same on his x5 320!

Attachments

• FF4E200D-E9D7-44C2-BC76-4666922D8580.jpeg
      FF4E200D-E9D7-44C2-BC76-4666922D8580.jpeg
      56.4 KB · Views: 5

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Most of the time it’s not the pistol shooting low, it’s the shooter not aiming right!

Sigs use the combat sight picture I hate that about sigs! You can swap out sights to get 6 o’clock if you want, it’s a combination of 6 or 8 front and rear but I’m not sure which one is correct for your gun!

On my 320 legion I had to top out the adjustment on the rear sight to get 6 o’clock! A friend had to do the same on his x5 320!
    I did have to adjust my p229 a bit but it is older version. I need refresh on night sights so I will look in to it. I only ran about 6 mag s through a 365 first gen and early reports had others stating low hits on target.

must have been everyone who shot the 365 was using the wrong sight picture as all shot low. Close up. Far off. Easy to overcome as I had a fix sightjframe which shot right a bit. Just adjust OODALOOP and point of aim.

looking at the pics yes normally use center hold. Thus low placement.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Was reading or watching a YouTube video about how the latest P365 17rd version has made the Glock 19 obsolete.
    I guess the new P365 is smaller than the Glock 19 with 2 more rd capacity.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Was reading or watching a YouTube video about how the latest P365 17rd version has made the Glock 19 obsolete.
    I guess the new P365 is smaller than the Glock 19 with 2 more rd capacity.
    Handguns have been making the G19 obsolete for how many years now?

:)

The P365 Macro is taller than the G19, but thinner. It has a shorter barrel than the G19. As far as concealability, that might be a wash. I've always found a handgun with a shorter grip to be easier to conceal OWB than one with a longer grip, regardless of overall pistol width.

In any event, it's not a profound difference. 15 vs 17 rounds ain't the same ballpark as the original P365's 10 rounds against 6 or 7 in competitors at the time.

comp1.PNG

comp2.PNG

comp3.PNG

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Handguns have been making the G19 obsolete for how many years now?

:)

The P365 Macro is taller than the G19, but thinner. It has a shorter barrel than the G19. As far as concealability, that might be a wash. I've always found a handgun with a shorter grip to be easier to conceal OWB than one with a longer grip, regardless of overall pistol width.

In any event, it's not a profound difference. 15 vs 17 rounds ain't the same ballpark as the original P365's 10 rounds against 6 or 7 in competitors at the time.

View attachment 220566

View attachment 220567

View attachment 220568
    The thickness of a single stack slide vs a double stack slide doesn't seem like that much. But after carrying both a 4" single stack, XDs w/ the 9 Rd full grip mag and then carrying a 4.25" M&P, to me, the difference is huge. (Same belt, same type of holster)

Now some of that may be weight. But the single stack just carries better. And I shoot it just as good.

Top Bottom