• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Waiting periods and ammunition limits do nothing to show down our stop a mass murderer. These guys wait for a very long time, planning and acquiring what they need.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Am I reading the news right? They are all on the bandwagon about this guy and his assault rifle,But the rifle was in his car??????????????
    My prayers go out to all the parents of the children that were killed or injured as well as the teachers .

Yeah, I noticed that too. Earlier, on the news they were really looking stupid, calling the guns a Sigs Sauser and a Bushwhacker. I noticed they changed it.
    I'm kind of offended about the way Obama talked about his overwhelming grief. How is his grief anywhere near that of those people who lost loved ones? Kind of akin to saying I know how you feel, when you can't possibly know! I hope none of us ever have to experience the overwhelming grief of the victims' families.
    As a side note, I had to go to a Govt. building yesterday. Hadn't been there in awhile, now they have some kind of scanner you walk thru, but they had me lay my purse in a bin that didn't get scanned, and i was able to continue on with my purse after that. I'm thinking it would be pretty easy for a criminal to figure out how to get thru that gun-free zone, unless there's something i don't know!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I got owned on another website when I brought up this exact same instance. It was pointed out, that none of the children died in that instance, and the quote was "apparently it's harder to kill with knives than guns; I guess I'd rather the bad guys have knives."
    It's a tough argument to counter.

School attacks in China (2010

Yang Jia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Try these. Knives. People died. Sometimes lots of people.

And here's the response: we don't need bad guys running around our schools, whether they're carrying knives, guns, suicide vests or ammonium nitrate. Give the teachers the responsibility of protecting our children. If they can't at least make the effort, then it's time for home schooling.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I have a friend who is a counselor, and sees lots of angry, messed-up people. He's also a hunter and handgun enthusiast. He firmly believes that some people are just evil or possessed by evil.

And he is absolutely right. I will go as far to say that most of them will not ever take any responsibility for themselves and blame the system, politicians, big business, rich people, and anyone else they can think of. BTW, I've been in the business 25+ years.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It's time for the NRA and responsible gun owners to accept the difference between perception and reality. Whether or not more gun restrictions will really solve the problem is not the issue. The perception of many Americans, possibly a majority, is that gun owners are wackos and the NRA is an obstructionist organization; both of which are part of the problem rather than being part of the solution. The reality of that viewpoint DOES NOT MATTER - get over it, and get over it now. It will not change in the near future unless we act intelligently, and digging in our heels is not acting intelligently.

The NRA and responsible gun owners need to be viewed as part of the solution. Those who loudly promote "no restrictions", "it's our right", etc. simply do not understand the hole they are digging for themselves. They have spent so much time in an echo chamber of their own ideas that they are tone deaf regarding how they are viewed by a large slice of Americans.

Compromising on things like mandatory training, waiting periods, limits on ammunition purchases, etc. will go a long way toward preventing greater restrictions. At the same time, educational steps can be taken that promote the logic of responsible gun ownership.

Taking a hard line and continuing to insist on a full loaf may well result in having none.

First thing - My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I pray that God grants them Strength to deal with this unfathomable tragedy.
    Second - Mankind is sunshine and shadows, good and evil. We cannot, and never will be able to, legislate away evil or be able to accurately predict when it decides to raise its evil head. Therefore, I believe it to be incredibly dangerous to disarm innocent people and leave them defenseless in the face of such evil.
    Third - IF innocent people are disarmed, those that have absolutely no regard for morality or law WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THESE LAWS!
    Fourth - Who do we leave the responsibility of protecting unarmed, innocent people to, the government? The Supreme Court of the United States has already ruled that the government DOES NOT HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION to provide protection -Castle Rock vs. Gonzales (one of the stories - http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0.)
    Fifth - Our Right to Life is our most important Right! All of our other Rights can be abused, but once our Right to Life is infringed, it's game over. Therefore, our Right to protect our Life is equally important.

We cannot accept the guilt, fear, lies and deceit that are going to come our way on this topic. We have to counter with truth, fact, reason and logic and what history has shown happens to disarmed people. What happened in Conn., and other places, was as horrible and evil as anything possible. However, to succomb to the hysteria and false hope that alleged disarmament will provide will only provide sanction to the true enemy, which is unaccountability and irresponsibility of the individual.

Lastly, may God be with us all! :patriot:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    First thing - My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I pray that God grants them Strength to deal with this unfathomable tragedy.
    Second - Mankind is sunshine and shadows, good and evil. We cannot, and never will be able to, legislate away evil or be able to accurately predict when it decides to raise its evil head. Therefore, I believe it to be incredibly dangerous to disarm innocent people and leave them defenseless in the face of such evil.
    Third - IF innocent people are disarmed, those that have absolutely no regard for morality or law WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THESE LAWS!
    Fourth - Who do we leave the responsibility of protecting unarmed, innocent people to, the government? The Supreme Court of the United States has already ruled that the government DOES NOT HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION to provide protection -Castle Rock vs. Gonzales (one of the stories - http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0.)
    Fifth - Our Right to Life is our most important Right! All of our other Rights can be abused, but once our Right to Life is infringed, it's game over. Therefore, our Right to protect our Life is equally important.

We cannot accept the guilt, fear, lies and deceit that are going to come our way on this topic. We have to counter with truth, fact, reason and logic and what history has shown happens to disarmed people. What happened in Conn., and other places, was as horrible and evil as anything possible. However, to succomb to the hysteria and false hope that alleged disarmament will provide will only provide sanction to the true enemy, which is unaccountability and irresponsibility of the individual.

Lastly, may God be with us all! :patriot:

Completely misses the point of my post. I didn't say that the perceptions are true. What I said is that we must react intelligently to the PERCEPTIONS.

Proof positive of my "echo chamber" comment.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    563858_10151154011546884_1637457212_n.jpg

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Right To Life"

Another comment mentions that there were over 13,000 abortions in Conn. last year. Were these not lives? But no less to mourn the tragedies of a dozen+ innocents in a school. How to prevent it?? Make the schools all bank-vaults, with lock-down mechanisms, and ARM EVERY TEACHER with their own weapon. One or two teachers had time to dial 911. One or two teachers COULD HAVE dispatched the killer, but were forbidden to LTCH because of the Gun-free school zone. Have we learned anything from this?
    <snip> I didn't say that the perceptions are true. What I said is that we must react intelligently to the PERCEPTIONS.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Completely misses the point of my post. I didn't say that the perceptions are true. What I said is that we must react intelligently to the PERCEPTIONS.

"Compromising on things like mandatory training, waiting periods, limits on ammunition purchases, etc. will go a long way toward preventing greater restrictions. At the same time, educational steps can be taken that promote the logic of responsible gun ownership."

This is what I was replying to. Do you honestly think it will stop with these "compromises"? Does not compromising to these "perceptions" sanction them?

It appears that you completely missed my point .....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Am I reading the news right? They are all on the bandwagon about this guy and his assault rifle,But the rifle was in his car??????????????
    My prayers go out to all the parents of the children that were killed or injured as well as the teachers .

I've heard conflicting reports, that they found the AR in the trunk and just now by an obvious gun rights opponent on CNN that the AR was used in "some capacity" in the shootings. I have a feeling that if the gun was in the trunk (and therefore not used to shoot people) the anti-gun world would indeed alter the narrative. I just want to know the truth.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    "Compromising on things like mandatory training, waiting periods, limits on ammunition purchases, etc. will go a long way toward preventing greater restrictions. At the same time, educational steps can be taken that promote the logic of responsible gun ownership."

This is what I was replying to. Do you honestly think it will stop with these "compromises"? Does not compromising to these "perceptions" sanction them?

It appears that you completely missed my point .....

No, I completely understand your point. Unfortunately, unyielding adherence to your "point" will continue your death march toward marginalization. Is that what you want?

We need dialogue that respects the opinions of both sides.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We need dialogue that respects the opinions of both sides.

They.
    Will.
    NEVER.
    Be.
    Satisfied!

Where should we begin to compromise with "them"? Do we compromise with them like we have compromised on spending, only to end up a broke nation that is printing money to buy its own debt just so the charade can continue, right up until it simply can't continue anymore? "They" want to make me a criminal for bearing the best available means of defending my family, myself and my property. I have studied history and have seen what happens when the people become disarmed, and apparently the Founding Fathers felt pretty passionately about it too. They defeated this mindset and left us PLAINLY WORDED PROTECTIONS to see to it that we didn't have to worry about this issue anymore. We, however, have allowed this protection to be diluted throughout the past two+ centuries through "dialogue" and now, we are arguing amonst ourselves about how much we should give up to an opposition that will NEVER BE SATISFIED!
    My Natural Right to defend my family, myself and my property is not negotiable and we have to stand up for this Right, for once we start losing ground, with todays economic and social woes and what's in store for us, we won't get it back.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    They.
    Will.
    NEVER.
    Be.
    Satisfied!

Where should we begin to compromise with "them"? Do we compromise with them like we have compromised on spending, only to end up a broke nation that is printing money to buy its own debt just so the charade can continue, right up until it simply can't continue anymore? "They" want to make me a criminal for bearing the best available means of defending my family, myself and my property. I have studied history and have seen what happens when the people become disarmed, and apparently the Founding Fathers felt pretty passionately about it too. They defeated this mindset and left us PLAINLY WORDED PROTECTIONS to see to it that we didn't have to worry about this issue anymore. We, however, have allowed this protection to be diluted throughout the past two+ centuries through "dialogue" and now, we are arguing amonst ourselves about how much we should give up to an opposition that will NEVER BE SATISFIED!
    My Natural Right to defend my family, myself and my property is not negotiable and we have to stand up for this Right, for once we start losing ground, with todays economic and social woes and what's in store for us, we won't get it back.

As long as you continue with "us" against "them", WE lose. Keep shrinkin' the tent.

rapaport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    The only way the government can "protect us" is by letting us arm our selves so WE CAN defend our selves from crazy people. By putting bans on guns and finding any excuse to keep guns out of peoples hands will make us sitting ducks for the psycos that want to shoot eveyone in sight! If there was a check point before anyone can enter a building or even letting at least one teacher carry a gun things like this could be reduced. I dont think things like this will ever go away. But if we can have the ability to bear arms and defend our selves it can level the playing field. Crazy violent criminals WILL ALWAYS have a gun. LOOK AT DRUGS drug dealers WILL ALWAYS have drugs to sell, and look at the war on drugs. OBAMA LET THE CITIZENS DEFEND OURSELVES! We cant depend on the government for anything nor can we trust everything they say or do. What will make us believe obama will protect us if we are cornered by a armed criminal and the rest of us are obeying a new law that kept the gun that could have saved us out our hands. See what Im saying, there can and will be even MORE mass murders. It will be a lot easier since there will be no more legal guns on a person to defend. The fact is we will never cure violent crime, it will always be there. And guns will always be one the streets.

Top Bottom