• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That is adding more variables. For the top .001 percent of shooters in top level competitions there can be arguments over mechanical accuracy. For the rest of the casual shooters it is negligible. The ransom rest is not real life scenario. If I put all my pistols
    In one I would guarantee what is the most accurate there is not the one i shoot the most accurate.
    But it would tell you which one you own, that you need to spend more time behind.
    So you've never picked up a high end target pistol and its ergonomics and superb trigger didn't allow you to shoot better scores than with a stock Ruger MK2?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    But it would tell you which one you own, that you need to spend more time behind.
    So you've never picked up a high end target pistol and its ergonomics and superb trigger didn't allow you to shoot better scores than with a stock Ruger MK2?
    In theory that would work but it’s not real life. I have or have had quite a few high end cz target / competition pistols. A few i have put a decent amount of time behind them. I don’t shoot them better than my standard 75. I know they are nicer and in a random rest would group better but that means nothing while plinking free hand. If I was a bench or rest shooter there would be more advantage, but shooting free hand the gun that matches how I shoot (ie weight, ergos, trigger manipulation, etc) definitely outweighs potential mechanical accuracy based off ransom rest.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong since I’m not a competitive shooter but I will always pick the gun I shoot the best over something that has better ransom test accuracy. Real life accuracy outweighs laboratory accuracy for me every time for me in the hobby of punching holes in paper

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    In theory that would work but it’s not real life. I have or have had quite a few high end cz target / competition pistols. A few i have put a decent amount of time behind them. I don’t shoot them better than my standard 75. I know they are nicer and in a random rest would group better but that means nothing while plinking free hand. If I was a bench or rest shooter there would be more advantage, but shooting free hand the gun that matches how I shoot (ie weight, ergos, trigger manipulation, etc) definitely outweighs potential mechanical accuracy based off ransom rest.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong since I’m not a competitive shooter but I will always pick the gun I shoot the best over something that has better ransom test accuracy. Real life accuracy outweighs laboratory accuracy for me every time for me in the hobby of punching holes in paper
    I get it, you do what works for you.
    Thanks

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    It was bought in the early 2000's I think at a gun shop on the square in Crown Point, IN. I wasn't looking for one but
    couldn't pass it up even then. It has the original box, cleaning kit and 3 mags in the box.

Many of my guns have been bought how I call "targets of opportunity". They may be something I have thought about
    but never went looking for. I would see one in a shop at a very good price and said it was coming home with me.
    Many bought that way.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well you pony'ed up twice for a S&W 41?
    Would a better shooter and investment be a vintage NIB Colt 22 or a Ruger New Frontier?
    Me I'd rather have the old Colt. But thats me.
    A Colt, versus a Ruger?!
    A no-brainer!
    Rugers don't even hold up to Buckmarks for me.
    except for two Mark 3s I have had in the past.
    Fault could all be my own but I go with whatever shows up on my 1.75" circles, ha ha! :shoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It was bought in the early 2000's I think at a gun shop on the square in Crown Point, IN. I wasn't looking for one but
    couldn't pass it up even then. It has the original box, cleaning kit and 3 mags in the box.

Many of my guns have been bought how I call "targets of opportunity". They may be something I have thought about
    but never went looking for. I would see one in a shop at a very good price and saidit was coming home with me.
    Many bought that way.
    I have had some really neat "bucket list" guns & some not even on my bucket list show up on my radar this summer and I took the plunge.
    There's something about getting old that just says: "go for it!"

I had a vice principal and friend that was only six or seven years older than me that my wife and I have been visiting in the nursing home for months now.
    He died last week and we used to swim together, go to antique car shows together ride motorcycles together and go out with our wives and eat together. I watched him decline quickly and gone in a flash.
    I know the clock is ticking for all the fun and nonsense we get to experience while in the flesh on this earth!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    couldn't pass it up even then. Many of my guns have been bought how I call "targets of opportunity". They may be
    something I have thought about but never went looking for. I would see one in a shop at a very good price and said
    it was coming home with me. Many bought that way.
    I bought mine when I was in HS, so 75 or 76 I bought my 5 1/2" 41.
    About 10 yrs ago my Thing 2 dragged me into a police supply in Southern Md so he could buy a nylon belt. I ventured a few doors down to a pawn shop and when I walk up to the pistol case the salesman made the comment he had a pistol he was going to sell me.
    I laughed and he set a pre 78 7 1/2" 41 with 3 mags on the counter. it was 700 out the door, it was in 95%. I called a frined that owns a bunch of 41's to see if it was worth what they wanted. He suggested I offer $650.00 out the door.
    The offer was made and excepted, its seven days in Maryland.
    When I went to pick it up the man brought out two pistol cases and set them on the counter. I unzipped them and the second one had the 5 1/2" barrel with the extended front sight and a set of weights. I said, Thank you sir.
    My oldest has my fathers 41, And I bought a new 5 1/2" 41 for Thing two about 2 years ago at one of the tipton shows for $950.00 cash.
    My Gfathers I have is a 7 1/2" with a comp.
    Wonderful pistols. Whats interesting is fitting new mags to old pistols. You squeeze them softly in a vice. LOL

Top Bottom