• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    The gsg has adjustable sights doesn't look like the colt does. I picked my gsg up for 300.00 the colt was 380+ tax, dont think it worth that much more for the same gun. That's alot of ammo for the price difference.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I think I am also going to pick up either a GSG or a Sig. I shoot roughly 150 to 200 rounds out of my 45ACP 1911's a month and it would be great to have the same setup in a 22LR.

22's are fun to shoot and its still affordable. Good luck with which ever one you choose.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I think I am also going to pick up either a GSG or a Sig. I shoot roughly 150 to 200 rounds out of my 45ACP 1911's a month and it would be great to have the same setup in a 22LR.

22's are fun to shoot and its still affordable. Good luck with which ever one you choose.

I have my Glocks, but I just like everything about the look of the 1911 22. I wanted a g30 in 45 auto but after seeing the price on 45 I will be staying with 9mm for now. Maybe later on I will add a full size 1911 to my collection.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

Without a .22 in my collection, I would be limited to around 400 rounds per month, which just isn't enough trigger time to become really proficient. With the addition of the .22, I can put more than 2000 rounds down range per month, with my only limiting factor being time.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Without a .22 in my collection, I would be limited to around 400 rounds per month, which just isn't enough trigger time to become really proficient. With the addition of the .22, I can put more than 2000 rounds down range per month, with my only limiting factor being time.

Trigger time is why I'm looking for a 22. I just can't afford to shoot as much as I'd like to without a 22 pistol. I might look for a nice used 22 pistol to save some $$ on tax, dealer mark up, and already broke in. If I bought it off an individual.

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Get a threaded ruger mark III . they are 322 from buds with free shipping. this is next on my list and u can use it as a suppressor host if i ever get around to buying a suppressor

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Ruger 22/45 MKIIIRP

10140.jpg

I will put +1 for the Ruger MKIII 22/45RP. I have only had this gun about a month and have sent about 550 rounds down range. This gun is everything you could want out of a 22lr target pistol. I eats anything i have put in it (federal bulk 550, Winchester bulk 525), it's accurate and i have yet to have a single hiccup ( FTF,FTE). I got mine for a right around $300 so its right in your price range for a reliable, accurate and well made target pistol. Not to mention the aftermarket parts that are available for this pistol, the skys the limit.

grassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    N CENTRAL IN
    I've got a GSG 1911, Ruger 22/45, and S&W M&P 22. They all are great shooters, so far all I've shot through them is remington bulk no problems with any of them. I shoot with a Guardain 22 surpressor from Huntertown Arms. They all run great with it, The M&P & Gaurdian is probably my favorite combination .
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a P22 and a Buckmark. They have both been flawless. The Buckmark would be my first choice though. It is by far more accurate and more fun to shoot. Plus you can add a rail to easily add optics.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Don't forget to check out the Bersa/Firestorm 22. It's built on the same frame as the Bersa 380 and is a heck of a nice gun. It's a far better gun than my P22 in every aspect. My P22 took a while to break it in and has never been all that accurate. The Firestorm worked well right out of the box and is accurate. It's also a whole lot more fun to shoot than the P22. I still like the P22, but it's only been out of its box 3 times since getting the Firestorm.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Don't forget to check out the Bersa/Firestorm 22. It's built on the same frame as the Bersa 380 and is a heck of a nice gun. It's a far better gun than my P22 in every aspect. My P22 took a while to break it in and has never been all that accurate. The Firestorm worked well right out of the box and is accurate. It's also a whole lot more fun to shoot than the P22. I still like the P22, but it's only been out of its box 3 times since getting the Firestorm.

I did not know that the Bersa .22 even existed. I will have to get one of those for my daughter, who carries the .380 version for her EDC. That will let her practice a lot more.

Thanks for the info.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    I went with a Browning buckmark camper model.I found one for 325$ at my lgs. doesn't like very low powered ammo but eats anything labeled high velocity. On a lark one day at the hundred yard range I got it out and rested against a post. Got six out of 10 in the 8 inch diameter target. I was impressed with it and have never regretted it . cheap to shoot:):

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    I have a Ruger 22/45 Mk III and a Sig 1911-22. They are both fun guns to shoot and very reliable. I would rank the Ruger slightly higher in terms of "quality" since it is all steel while the Sig has a diecast frame and aluminum slide. The Sig 1911-22 has the classic look of the 1911. The Ruger has better (Fiber optic) sights. I would rank the Ruger as more accurate, but probably just because of the better sights (and also a longer barrel.)
    I have had a few more FTF with the Sig vs. the Ruger. I usually run CCI mini-mags and both guns like this ammo. I have noticed that it is helpful to make sure the rounds are seated well back in the magazine on the Sig, which eliminates any FTF problems. No such magazine loading quirks with the Ruger.
    I like both guns and would recommend either one...you won't be disappointed!

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I have a Bersa Thunderstorm 22, and it's a wonderful little piece. Can't recommend it highly enough for someone wanting a .22 plinker.

corriedewilde

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    In the .22LR plinker class I have Ruger standard, Beretta mod70, Erma, Browning Challenger and Medalist, Bernadelli mod 69, Walther PP Sport and Colt Match Target.

My favorite is the Beretta. It introduced dozens people to shooting through the years and is the firearm with the highest round count that I own.

Top Bottom