• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I recently loaned out my pocket knife to a family member for them to take out in my woods, they bring it back and the tip is broken. Wasnt a big deal because the knife wasnt very expensive. So now i need another. Need it to be a folding one and would like a pocket clip. any suggestions?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Ontario RAT-1, only like 30 bucks shipped to the door via EBAY. It's Aus 8 steel and full flat grind, one of the best knives you can own in the 20-50 dollar category.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Lot of variables in play here but. For a large folder the Spyderco Military woul be a good choice, several blade steel options, and a proven knife.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Anyone know what would be a good knife for the next INGO chop in?? If I go I want to go ready! :rockwoot:
    the ESEE junglas was one of the knives used most at the last chop in, you can get one through Knife lady. I used a $20 cold steel kukri just to see if it could keep up with knives that are much more expensive, and was pleasantly surprised with its performance. the Browning competition chopper looks like a great knife for the chop in as well, again, KL can hook you up.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I recently loaned out my pocket knife to a family member for them to take out in my woods, they bring it back and the tip is broken. Wasnt a big deal because the knife wasnt very expensive. So now i need another. Need it to be a folding one and would like a pocket clip. any suggestions?
    My EDC folder is the Kershaw Skyline. I't runs around $30 and has been a great blade for everyday use.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Kershaw tyrade here ... san mia steel very nice blade and had done it all! I like big solid folders that are darn close to a fixed blade in strength.

Last edited:

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    I carry a kershaw chive at work. My Son carries the Leek (a larger version).
    The Skyline looks good too.
    I like Kershaw knives that I can be opened with the index finger.

Ckeck out: The Kershaw store .com

Ed

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Kershaw is a great choice. USA made and a lifetime warranty.
    The tip that broke on your knife if that had been a Kershaw guess what they would be replacing it right now :D Contact Bradsknives on here he sells Kershaw.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

I'm with charlie, we need a price range. if it's around $60 there are a plethora of options combining form, function, and most important good steel. whenever people ask me questions like this I always tend to lead them towards knives that are ambidextrous with multiple carry options.

off the top of my head knives that fir that profile would be benchmade griptilians and spyderco enduras and delicas, all three are ambidextrous and provide multiple carry options.

Benchmade Griptilian Folders - Knifecenter.com

Spyderco Endura Models - Knifecenter.com

Spyderco Delica Models - Knifecenter.com

Anyone know what would be a good knife for the next INGO chop in?? If I go I want to go ready! :rockwoot:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...or_a_competition_knife_after_the_chop_in.html

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Kershaw is a great choice. USA made and a lifetime warranty.
    The tip that broke on your knife if that had been a Kershaw guess what they would be replacing it right now :D Contact Bradsknives on here he sells Kershaw.

don't make people burden brad right now, he has to put all his energy towards my ZT flipper.:):

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Right now I've got a spyderco tenacious on my pocket. It was about $35 delivered from ebay and I've used and abused it in the short time I've had it. It's solid and sharp. I can't believe the quality of this knife for the price. I may buy the same knife in the next size up or down just because of how well this tenacious was built.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Sorry i didnt add a price, would like to keep it around $30. This knife will be used for everyday pocket carry. Mainly opening mail, opening boxes, cutting fishing line, cutting tags off clothing, etc. My knives dont really have a hard life that i can think of but i do use them for whatever the need may be.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    after looking through the suggestions, i think i like this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VC9YK/sr=8-2/qid=1305138999/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1305138999&sr=8-2&seller=]Amazon.com: Kershaw Leek Knife 2010: Sports & Outdoors[/ame] Is this a good price? or can it be had for a better deal elsewhere?

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    They have that exact knife at my walmart and I think the price is about the same if you want to see it first.

That knife is in my pocket most of the time. Great knife!!!

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I saw someone mentioned the Spyderco Military. I've been doing some looking at that knife and wondered if anyone on here had any experience with it. I've narrowed my interest in my next knife to the Spyderco Military or the Spyderco Manix 2. What say you INGO?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom