• ...and so much more!
  • Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Wife tried to book Tony's downtown for my birthday, but they are full ( and now Ruths Chris). Looking for great quality of food, and good atmosphere. I am not big on appetizers

What is your favorite, and why

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Another interesting place we hit once a month is Bonge's Tavern in Perkinsville. Super interesting menu, Its a Tavern, so 21 and over. Make reservations.
    They do not take reservations. Bonge's is a place where you tailgate in the parking lot until they call you, it's a big tradition among many customers. We have setup their drinking wine/bourbon and playing euchre many times.

(correction, I guess they now do take reservations. this is a newer policy).
    Tailgating is available for guests 21+ (NO Flying objects, Cornhole, open flame fire pits, or pets will be permitted on the premise)
    The food is fantastic: Perkinsville pork ( they raise their own), Applewood Smoked Prime Rib - yum, etc.

This is one of the last pictures of the wife and I with all of our 50+ year group of friends there. I've known them all since I was about 11.
    bongies_tavern.jpg

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    They do not take reservations. Bonge's is a place where you tailgate in the parking lot until they call you, it a big tradition among many customers. We have setup their drinking wine/bourbon and playing euchre many times.

This is one of the last pictures of the wife and I with all of our 50+ year group of friends. I've known them all since I was about 11.
    bongies_tavern.jpg
    LOL, The unknowning... Bonge's certainly takes reservations my friend. We've been going there a long time.
    We ALWAYS have reservations, Heres the front page of there website.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 10-58-35 HOME Bonge's Tavern.png

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    LOL, The unknowning... Bonge's certainly takes reservations my friend. We've been going there a long time.

View attachment 281668
    See my edit. They didn't take res's for a long time unless your party was a certain size. That picture of us is over 20 years old now. My how time flies.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    See my edit. They didn't take res's for a long time unless your party was a certain size. That picture of us is over 20 years old now. My how time flies.
    Hey, we love going to Bunge's. What we don't do is pregame in a gravel parking lot for a few hours waiting to eat, its just not us. But it is very popular there.
    Now full disclosure, We have friends that pregame there and never do go inside to eat, they are known to eat on the front porch.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I would suggest Sullivan's Steakhouse in Castleton, we haven't had a bad meal there yet.
    Great steaks and the sides are top shelf.

Yes, you’ll find a plethora of great steak houses around the fashion mall.

Sullivans, Ocean Prime, Ruth’s Chris,. Harry and IIzzy‘s are all right there.

All top of the line steak houses.

And, no list would be complete without Saint Elmo’s downtown. I believe it made the list of the 10 best steak houses in the country. It made #4
    1686843979730.png

Last edited:

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Prime 47…downtown or in Carmel.

You mentioned Ruth Chris

St Elmo downtown.

Bonge’s more of a destination trip with friends. And yes…since Covid…they only take reservations. Will be there next week. Atmosphere is unique. Food is really good…but don’t think there is anything special about their steak. Prime Rib is usually good to go…duck…Perkinsville Pork also good.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

View attachment 281668
    The unknowing. LOL. Heck I was bellied up to that bar when farmers covered in hog **** came in for a Pete's pride tenderloin and a beer after a hard day on the farm. In the 70‘s it opened on thanksgiving night and was taken over by ball state kids. We called it bung, not bong like now. At one point I heard it was the oldest continuously open bar in Indiana.

Top Bottom