• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If you’re up for a 1hr 15min drive, Ron Lahody's Trust Your Butcher Steakhouse in Muncie is amazing. Not cheap. Great location for a date though!
    We've enjoyed Rons, more so since the covid sillyness has stopped. I shop at his butcher shop more than his restaurant.
    We waffle over Amazing Joes for the Appetizers as a meal and Lahody's for dinner.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    See my edit. They didn't take res's for a long time unless your party was a certain size. That picture of us is over 20 years old now. My how time flies.
    I thought you looked younger back then than you do now and I don't even know you or who you are in that picture. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm on the far left in the Yellow Submarine tie dye. Wife in red shirt next to me, SIL behind/between us.
    If I had to guess that would be it. :): The guy on the far right in the dark blue shirt looks like my BIL but that ain't him.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Lots of good choices:
    St. Elmo
    Ruth's Chris
    Fogo de Chao

I live about an hour and a half south of Indy, but have to travel there for a good steak restaurant. Plenty of "ok" around Bloomington, but not "great".

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Byman in Martinsville
    Bynum's in Martinsville. I hear it's owned and operated by a pretty pro 2A family. Possibly even an INGOer.

Bynums on south Meridian has become one of my favorites…..
    This one however was swindled away from the family by a poor excuse of a used car salesman and sold to a group of liberal, blue haired, gun hating, nose ring wearing, California communists. Eat there if you like to buy you bathing suits from Target.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    See my edit. They didn't take res's for a long time unless your party was a certain size. That picture of us is over 20 years old now. My how time flies.
    When I first went there it was just a bar we ended canoe trips at. From Monty's bar in chesterfield to bunge's tavern in perkinsville on the white river.

I have been a few times since they became a restaurant and I was good but I prefer Tony's downtown.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When I first went there it was just a bar we ended canoe trips at. From Monty's bar in chesterfield to bunge's tavern in perkinsville on the white river.

I have been a few times since they became a restaurant and I was good but I prefer Tony's downtown.
    Did you portage your canoes from Montys to the river?
    Back then Dolenskis in Chesterfield was the place to get a Steak or Prime Rib.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Unless he was talking about the original Fireside from back in the day.

View attachment 281666

My wife and I ate dinner there the night we got married.... at the JOP. Still married 3.5 decades later. I think they closed not long after.

Top Bottom