• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm looking for a good multitool. I want one that has a good knife,good pliers, a Phillips and straight screwdriver. And small enough I can carry in pocket, not fond of hooking stuff to my belt. I would like a high quality piece also. Thanks

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I carry a Leatherman WAVE in my backpack for work, it's a solidly made piece of gear. As with all multi-tools, there are compromises to each feature to make it work in that format, but it's good to go and has been good to have on more than one occasion. I've heard Victorinox Swisstools are good also, but I've never had my hands on one.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    SOG makes (to my knowledge), the only tool with "Force Doubling Power Assist". This is one of the main reasons I chose the SOG B66N-CP. The power assist is awesome. COST: $73 at AMAZON. Check it out.

jlehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Central Indiana
    I carry a gerber clutch. great little tool, but it is small total length folder all up is like 2 inches. works great on the small stuff, no locking blade, but fits small in the pocket

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Ooh I like the looks of that juice. Looks like the size i'm looking for, and Leathermans have the quality from what I heard.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Ooh I like the looks of that juice. Looks like the size i'm looking for, and Leathermans have the quality from what I heard.
    Thanks, it took me two years to finally find the one that I would carry 24/7/365 I would love to have the bigger one but I know it well just sit in my backpack or on my dresser and never get used.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another vote for the Juice S2. has everything you want and is small enough to coexist with other stuff in your pocket without even noticing it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Leatherman Wingman. Has a pocket clip, scissor/knife are accessible without unfolding, has screwdrivers, and has a package opener. It's probably the one with the proper amount of useful tools and features.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hello Zgreen1,

Leatherman Wingman. Has a pocket clip, scissor/knife are accessible without unfolding, has screwdrivers, and has a package opener. It's probably the one with the proper amount of useful tools and features.

I will second what jsharmon7 suggested, the Leatherman Wingman. I got mine at TSC a while back they had them marked down and got one. I wish I would of stocked up, they would have made great gifts.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have a Gerber Multi-plier unless I'm flying. It's not a very good knife, but I really like that I can open the pliers one handed.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I have been carrying the Leatherman Rev for a good while. It clips inside my front jeans pocket so it does not wear out the bottom of the pocket. Not too heavy but made very well.

tool_diagrams_full_size_Rev_c.png

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My favorite is my Victronix, I've had it for about 16 years, works just as good today.
    I carry a Leatherman BLAST everyday. It replaced my Victronix because I didnt want to loose it.
    I just got a Leatherman REV. Looks like a nice setup, but I havent carried it yet.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    SOG makes (to my knowledge), the only tool with "Force Doubling Power Assist". This is one of the main reasons I chose the SOG B66N-CP. The power assist is awesome. COST: $73 at AMAZON. Check it out.

I carry and use a Gerber daily. I'm going to check that out!!!! thanks for the post!!!

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Leatherman rebar is my go to. Leatherman is a great company with a even better warranty. I found a leatherman surge (i think that was the model) a few years ago in the woods. Actually my basset hound found it, but I'm taking credit. I cleaned it up and used it for a couple years. Miss using it as a pry bar, I broke it. Leatherman replaced it free of charge.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I have been carrying the Leatherman Rev for a good while. It clips inside my front jeans pocket so it does not wear out the bottom of the pocket. Not too heavy but made very well.

tool_diagrams_full_size_Rev_c.png

+1 also have a rev. It is very nice. Come with clip on it and also a belt pouch. The knife was suprsingly sharp when I bought it. Carry it everyday.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think expected use should help determine what make and model multi-tool is best for someone. For instance, if you know you're going to be using the wire cutters frequently, it makes sense to get a model with hard and preferably replaceable wire cutter. Some tools have embarrassingly soft wire cutters. The Leather SuperTool 300, Surge (new model) and Rebar all have hard wire cutters that are also replaceable.

If you're going to use the pliers more like big tweezers, then you might be better served by an SAK with pliers.

Etc.

Top Bottom