• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Can we start a stickey thread of people looking for hunting partners (or mentors) ?

I personally and looking for one, I'm out of Kokomo Indiana.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    This is a great idea. With interest in hunting not as strong as it used to be, and with private land to hunt on so hard to find, this could turn into a good deal. I've been thinking about starting a Hendricks County hunting group; maybe get 4-8 INGO members together and we pool cash to lease some hunting ground in Hendricks, Boone, or one of the closer counties.

Maybe find an area for rabbits, birds, deer and coyote hunting.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    This is a great idea. With interest in hunting not as strong as it used to be, and with private land to hunt on so hard to find, this could turn into a good deal. I've been thinking about starting a Hendricks County hunting group; maybe get 4-8 INGO members together and we pool cash to lease some hunting ground in Hendricks, Boone, or one of the closer counties.

Maybe find an area for rabbits, birds, deer and coyote hunting.

I'm very interested in this. Except deer. But I'm kinda wanting to try that too.
    I'd be willing to drive down to Hendricks and Boone, I'm in Howard.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Sounds like most of us are looking for mentors to show us the ropes.

My dad isn't much of a hunter, so I'm really needing a mentor.
    All of my friends are into tactical shooting, and I am too, but I'd also like to get into hunting.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I would be more than happy to mentor someone on deer hunting in my general area. The bad thing is that due to restrictions on my property that I hunt I can not take guest with me there so it would have to be property where you already have permission for you and a guest. I am located just North of Fort Wayne about 20 miles and could travel a little bit if I could help someone out.

ruger44srh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If anyone within an hour or two of Indy has a place to Quail or Pheasant hunt I would be happy to bring my 2 bird dogs, let you do the shooting while I handle the dogs.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I would be up for taking someone coyote hunting and show them the what not to do's and how to's. But, I would only hunt there property, not mine. I do take several people every year.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    I would be up for taking someone coyote hunting and show them the what not to do's and how to's. But, I would only hunt there property, not mine. I do take several people every year.

My F-i-L has a farm in NW Franklin county and has made it clear that any yotes on his place are welcome to enter the afterlife. Another buddy and I saw 2 coyotes stalking a couple of does in early Oct.

I'd check w him first, but, I'm sure he'd be OK with me bringing someone to teach/train on eliminating the coyotes. :ar15:

As for equipment, I only have a Turkish Mauser, but he's got at least a scoped .222 that I've used before.

Some time in late-Dec into Jan I should be able to get out there on weekends for such a lesson.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    My F-i-L has a farm in NW Franklin county and has made it clear that any yotes on his place are welcome to enter the afterlife. Another buddy and I saw 2 coyotes stalking a couple of does in early Oct.

I'd check w him first, but, I'm sure he'd be OK with me bringing someone to teach/train on eliminating the coyotes. :ar15:

As for equipment, I only have a Turkish Mauser, but he's got at least a scoped .222 that I've used before.

Some time in late-Dec into Jan I should be able to get out there on weekends for such a lesson.

If you want I will let you use one of mine. Depends on the time of day you want to hunt.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Sounds like most of us are looking for mentors to show us the ropes.QUOTE]

This is most peoples problem, everyone wants somebody to take them to their spot, and they bring nothing to the table to offer the person that is taking them. For me I take new people hunting/fishing that have ground that I can also hunt. 2 years ago I took a guy that said he would take me fishing for pike and muskie if I took him duck hunting. We got a 2 man limit of mallards, but when it came time for him to take me fishing he never answers his phone or returns my calls.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Sounds like most of us are looking for mentors to show us the ropes.QUOTE]

This is most peoples problem, everyone wants somebody to take them to their spot, and they bring nothing to the table to offer the person that is taking them. For me I take new people hunting/fishing that have ground that I can also hunt. 2 years ago I took a guy that said he would take me fishing for pike and muskie if I took him duck hunting. We got a 2 man limit of mallards, but when it came time for him to take me fishing he never answers his phone or returns my calls.

Well most people who don't hunt probably don't have access to any land either.

They need somewhere to start, that's what this thread is for.

Top Bottom