• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Purdue has shooting club not hunting club to the best of my knowledge.

no, none of them are hunt specific clubs.. but they are shooting related.. and if you are a active member in such clubs you are more likely to meet folks who do hunt and would be willing to take you along.. and maybe offer somewhere to hunt..
    A real person I know from one of the clubs has a greater chance of getting to come hunt my land than someone who just posts on the internet..

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I only hunt public land is during a hunting contest. Even then, I'm not pleased about it. But that is the only way to make it fair for all of the teams involved.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Exactly what I'm saying ^

New guys are screwed. The hunting mentors won't want to hunt on public lands, and the new guys don't have the contacts to find access to private land. So how are they supposed to find some for a hunting mentor to work with them on?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Exactly what I'm saying ^

New guys are screwed. The hunting mentors won't want to hunt on public lands, and the new guys don't have the contacts to find access to private land. So how are they supposed to find some for a hunting mentor to work with them on?

get on google and find all the conservation clubs, rod & gun clubs, ranges and such near you.. spend some time there, join one or two and be active and known to the older members..
    spend some time & money at your local gun store, listen to the old guys hanging around..
    you will be surprised how many folks do own hunting land but don't let unknown persons hunt it..

contact land owners & ask permission for you & one other ( mentor) to hunt.. once you have the permission the mentor might be easy to find..

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    While I don't have any private land to offer, I have taught my daughters and three young guys how to bow hunt down in the hoosier national forest and all three have taken deer down there and moved on to take other game as well. I live on the NE side of Indy and drive down there regularly and during the off-season I hit many of the 3D archery shoots all over the area along with another buddy or two. If someone is legitimately interested in learning how to bow hunt, maybe share the driving, I'd be happy to share 20 years of experience and its a long drive down to the HNF and my buddies can't always go. Like everything else in life...you've got to pass it on.

Top Bottom