Looking for some answers on battery powered lighting...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I reject Ohm, and his law. He is mentioned nowhere in the constitution and there are many in law enforcement who will refuse to enforce it.
    When our next president dissolves the EPA, Newton and his "conservation of momentum" crap is out the window too.

I say FREE to the eff to the arr to the double eeee!

But yea, leds rock. They are more than tiny light bulbs.

WHile I disagree with your statement, I fully endorse your right to your opinion....;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did this as a Halloween prop years ago. Two headlights and a car horn on a momentary switch. Scared the bejeezus out of folks that visited our place!

OP: what you are suggesting is EXACTLY how aftermarket fog lights are done. They even make kits with the switch and wiring. Hit your local auto parts store for the kit, and even some lights. Better yet, get some sealed implement lights from a farm store.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I reject Ohm, and his law. He is mentioned nowhere in the constitution and there are many in law enforcement who will refuse to enforce it.
    When our next president dissolves the EPA, Newton and his "conservation of momentum" crap is out the window too.

:rofl: Good Stuff!

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    I'm currently using AA powered LED spotlights mounted on a bracket. It works good but I'd like to have a rechargable battery.

My biggest concern is that 90% of the water where I fish is very murky and LEDs don't penetrate the water as well as halogens.

I will go against the crowd, and say you need a bright incandescent light that uses rechargeable AA batteries.

see if you can get a handheld light, so it can be useful when you are not bowfishing. mount it in the bracket when bowfishing.

buy enough rechargeable AA's to be able to swap batteries several times during the fishing expedition.

if you get a bright flashlight cheaply enough (ebay), it might be convenient to have more than one flashlight, and swap the lights if one starts getting dim.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne

Funniest post I've read in months! :):

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Thanks for info. I may just hold off until I have a bigger boat. I'm worried going over the weight limit on my boat with another battery.

Here's what I'm working with now.

Top Bottom