Looking into digital powder measures. Who has one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with this?

Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Precision Scale with LCD Display and Case for Reloading

I am currently using a beam type, but would kinda like another scale to be able to check one against the other for a redundancy. I load with a Rockchucker.

BTW, I use a powder measure (RCBS) Uniflow and check every 10th loading. I don't weigh each charge. 9MM.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the RCBS Lite. It seems to have really good reviews on Youtube and people here seem to like RCBS powder equipment.

I ended up getting the Lite for $230. I thought about doing the full on Chargemaster but couldn't justify the money to store load data since I already keep paper copies.

I load my test and precision rounds on a Chargemaster. One quick tip: Cut a 1" piece of a plastic straw and stick it up the dispensing tube with about 1/8" sticking beyond the tube. It allows for a more accurate drop off.

OK, another tip. If I want a 25.0 grain load, I program the scale to load 24.9 grains. Once it stops and clears it's note about the charge number, I trickle the last bit of powder in. This allows me to bring the charge to 25.0 grains but to stop as soon as the scale moves to 25.0. That way, I'm on the lower end of the 25.0 range and my loads are more consistent from one to the next. The Chargemaster is good, but it accepts any load that is within the 25.0 range, low or high end.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with this?

Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Precision Scale with LCD Display and Case for Reloading

I am currently using a beam type, but would kinda like another scale to be able to check one against the other for a redundancy. I load with a Rockchucker.

BTW, I use a powder measure (RCBS) Uniflow and check every 10th loading. I don't weigh each charge. 9MM.
    This is the way I do it. I trust my beam scale and occasionally check with a Lyman electronic. The beam is never wrong but my Lyman scale requires attention. The Lyman is scale only.

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    You made a good choice on the Chargemaster lite. I've had mine for 2 years now and have loaded in excess of 4k precision rounds with it. On most spherical powders it is so close it's scary. On extruded good but depends more on the size of the pellets. With spherical powders I get +/- .05gr accuracy. My routine is to through .1 low and trickle up using two scales that read to .02grs (or that's their stated accuracy ). Works great!

Top Bottom