• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    Budsgunshop had some blemished adams arms carbine and midlength piston ar for $599 shipped cash, I was lucky to get one as they sold out in a few days. I believe they are taking backorders but now you have to be a team buds member which is another $20. Good Luck!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Budsgunshop had some blemished adams arms carbine and midlength piston ar for $599 shipped cash, I was lucky to get one as they sold out in a few days. I believe they are taking backorders but now you have to be a team buds member which is another $20. Good Luck!

I just ordered one of these yesterday, so I'm on the waiting list for their next batch of "blems" to come in! My order says it should be shipped by the end of the month. Same price, and I didn't have to be a "team member". Really looking forward to seeing how this pans out...the reviews I've seen are very, very good! If so, this is a fantastic price on a piston-driven AR.

I'll be interested to know what sights/optics you end up going with. This is kind of new territory for me, and I'm open to suggestions. Front sight will need to be iron, as it's sure to get hot with the piston.

jdmagic21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    United States
    I went to the recent NRA convention and tried all of the trigger pulls of most of the guns and Del-Ton by far was my favorite. It was because of this and their customer server I went with many of their parts. I would highly recommend them.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I toyed with the idea of buying one and by the time I decided to they were sold out! I don't think I will wait around if given a second chance!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    PSA rifle kit for $419 then order a blemish lower for $50 and voila, sub $500 AR! I have 3, working on completing a 458 Socom as we speak. You can't beat the value for the $$$'s with PSA right now.

jwhitaker45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    I am going through the process of building my own right now and not having to change out accessories and stuff that I don't want. So that would be my suggestion. Figure out what your end rifle will look like and just build it now instead of adding parts and accessories and taking stuff off that you don't actually want. Parts shop and talk to local shops and see what price they can get parts for. It will save you a lot of money.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    build what you want! you can stay within budget, or go over budget and use time as your buffer! i built my first AR over 4 months, spent twice what my initial budget was, and had a rifle i was 150% happy with. plus, what better way to learn the ins and outs of your new toy/tool?

Kaigar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Ft. Wayne
    I wanna thank everyone for the input, it's all really good advice. I've decided to start out with one of the PSA kits, and go from there over time. Don't suppose anyone has any suggestions on decently priced stripped lowers?

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I wanna thank everyone for the input, it's all really good advice. I've decided to start out with one of the PSA kits, and go from there over time. Don't suppose anyone has any suggestions on decently priced stripped lowers?

Why not a PSA blem? 50+xfer. Spikes can be had for less than 100. As long as they are cut in spec... Eh, should work. I'd go with all blem stuff if I was trying to save money, it isn't a pageant.

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Winfield, In

Have you takin it for a test drive yet? How's the recoil with the piston ?

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    If you order one of those blems do you just put in the address info of your FFL and they just send it there or do you have to get in touch with the FFL first?

Top Bottom