• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti1985

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    southern
    I have a glock 21c for the nightstand and shoot it pretty well. I am currently looking for a new ccw and am not sure what to get. Where I live, I cannot rent guns to shoot at a range so I have to go on feel alone. From the research I've been doing it seems like the glock 19 is the most common carry gun. A local gun store has a glock 23 which fit my hand nicely so I'm sure I would like the 19. I think I want to stick with 9mm as I've heard the .40 is a little too jumpy in rapid fire situations. I'm not dead set on glock. I do, however, really like shooting my 21c. If I bought something today it would be a gen 4 glock 19 so I could change out the backstraps to fit my hand as I have very large hands. I will be carrying iwb when I carry. Does anyone have any other recommendations for a great concealed carry gun for large hands but can still conceal without printing? Thanks in advance!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Did the typeface here get smaller again? I can barely read the post...

Glocks I can't help you much though I have and occasionally still carry my G36 when I wear the appropriate clothing.

I just bought and love two guns for concealed carry though, one unfortunately is discontinued but it is a great gun. It is an S$W Mdl 632 6 shot J Frame 327 FM. It is a nice, small, lightweight DAO revolver that is perfect for front pocket carry. I love it. It has a nice smooth trigger pull and is easy to shoot accurately. It even looks good. Unfortunately, like I say S&W has discontinued it so it may not be easy to find one these days as the .327 FM seems to be a passing fad. I find it to be a superior small gun cartridge that people never gave much of a chance too but that's me. It should have replaced all of the .38-.38+P revolvers as far as I am concerned given the ballistics and the fact you always get extra rounds in the same size revolver when choosing a .327 FM. Too few rounds seems to be the biggest complaint for revolver carry but I say, learn you gun, practice and you won't need so many rounds to put the bad guy down. Again, that's me.

The next gun is a Ruger LC9 9mm. I find it to be an excellent choice over the Shield though it has fewer rounds. It has 7+1 while the Shield carries 8+1 in the available extended magazine. The LC9 costs a lot less and works very well, at least mine has, though it does have a mag safety/ I easily removed the mag safety though. It is DAO and has another fairly nice trigger on it. There are trigger mods available for those who don't like it though. Magazines so far have been easy to come by, you only get one in the box with the gun though. Extras run from $25-30 and can be found all over the interweb. This sights are good enough for me but they too can be replace with night sights if you prefer. The pistol fits my hand well and shoots easy, it is an accurate handgun and is fun at the range so you will practice with it unlike many lighter guns that beat the snot out of you making you not want to shoot them much. It is small and easy to conceal as well. I carry mine in a pancake holster OWB and with a t-shirt over it and no one has ever seen it unless I get my shirt caught on something that raises it up.

Those two have been my go to carry guns when concealing though I have been OCing more these days. I find these two guns cover all my concealment nees though, add a BUG like my LCP and I feel just fine walking any street.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    if you like your 21c, consider the 30S SF. slim slide & slim frame. and your 21 mags will work in it too.
    the 23 & 19 are the exact same size gun so if you like one, the other will feel the exact same.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Check out the S&W M&P9c. Some find they like them better than the Glocks. CHeck out this thread for a bit more info. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ll-arms-why-i-jumped-off-glock-bandwagon.html

Personally I prefer the Springfield Armory XDm line. You can get a 3.3 inch model with a flush fitting 13 round mag and it will fit a full size 19 round mag with the X-tension sleve that makes the grip a full size one. Check out the link. http://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/138570/974149555/wm_4561363.jpg

Don't forget to stop by the Introduction section and introduce yourself. Welcome to INGO!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Glock 19 is their most popular model and there's a reason for that. If you are sold on the 21 C you might consider the 19 C but it would have to be Gen 3.. I personally prefer the Gen 4 but I would get my hands on one and see if you like it with the large backstrap addition.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor 1911 Mechanic

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are lots of choices out there for what you want, and the Glock 19 might not be the best of them, but it's surely not the worst either. My favorite 9mm CC gun is a compact CZ 75, but my favorite CC gun regardless of caliber is a Glock 23. That gun seems to be the near perfect blend of size, weight, caliber and capacity. If you want to stay with a 9mm, then the 19 will serve you well. As I said, I prefer the CZ format pistols for my 9mm handguns and the CZ 75 is a fantastic gun. I'd carry it all of the time except I prefer .40 over 9mm. My tastes run CZ for 9mm, Glocks for .40 and 10mm carry and 1911s for .45.

We are fortunate to be living in a time of abundance in handgun choice.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Get your hands on as many as you can. I find that how they feel and fit in my hand makes a huge difference. A 1911 is a good choice if you like the feel. The slim single stack mag doesn't print that bad.

Faiden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Any time someone tells me they're looking for a 9mm carry weapon, I always suggest taking a look at the M&P Shield. Small, lightweight, and reliable--though you will sacrifice capacity if you're coming from a Glock.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The LC9 costs a lot less and works very well

Hmm really? I paid $400 even for my Shield, how much less than that is the LC9. Personally, while I don't own the LC9, I don't see a single thing about it that beats the Shield IMO. I had a LCP and if it has the same long double action pull that that right there is no thanks for me.

nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    kahr arms makes great guns. i can attest to the pm series. not the cw or cm although i have heard good reports. kahrs are expensive but love the trigger break on them. its a cam actuated striker fire weapon. DAO and single stack. really small weapons but have a variety of choices from polymer to full steel frames

nirvanacarl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    also like the sig p238 but as indysteel said there is the p938 which is a 9mm version and its barely bigger. single stack with a receiver mount thumb safety if thats your thing

yeti1985

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    southern
    I am curious about the glock 30s. I haven't been able to find one in person as I do not have a lot of gun stores around me but was able to find a glock 19 and like it a lot except for the finger grooves as I have very large hands. According to the specs, the 30s is slightly smaller in every aspect except width. I think I have narrowed my search down to one of these two guns. I have a glock 21c and a friend told me that it would be wise to get the same caliber gun so I do not have to stock multiple calibers of ammo. I'm going this weekend to try to find a 30s to hold so that I'm able to make a decision but in the mean time, I'd like some input from some more experienced people on the topic. How would the 30s conceal compared to a 19 and is a 30s as good of a gun as the beloved 19?

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I used to be a Glock fan but I jumped off the Glock bandwagon as well after I bought a S&W M&P .40. I am going to pick up the M&P Shield 9mm some time in the near future because I have heard rave reviews about it.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Anything but CZ!!

(Seriously guys... we got to stop letting out the secret. CZ's are hard enough to find as it is without recommending them to everyone)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    kahr arms makes great guns. i can attest to the pm series. not the cw or cm although i have heard good reports. kahrs are expensive but love the trigger break on them. its a cam actuated striker fire weapon. DAO and single stack. really small weapons but have a variety of choices from polymer to full steel frames

also like the sig p238 but as indysteel said there is the p938 which is a 9mm version and its barely bigger. single stack with a receiver mount thumb safety if thats your thing

The Kahr and the Sig are both great, but the guy says he has big hands, and yeti is part of his signature. I don't think they would work for him. Love both my CM9s and all 3 P238s, and the CM and CW series go for less than $400 if you know where to look.:twocents:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    You have and shoot well the Glock 21. Have you tried the Glock 30? It really is not that much different than the 21 to shoot and will accept the 21 mags. It should fit your 21 holsters also.

Top Bottom