• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    I still fail to see the issue, I've heard many cases where soldiers will "lose" magazines (sell them), just to get new ones...

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Is that such a big deal? I don't see any real issues with this.
    When most people consider the National Guard as being our 'militia' (which I'd disagree with) then it would be a very big deal... Like your status says "Come and take them", I'd say that they just did.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So one battalion HQ consolidates magazines and its because of impending action against US Citizens.

I guarantee that if the original post said "Hey guys, they aren't keeping the magazines at Bn HQ anymore and are issuing them out to us" the tin foil hat crowd would say that this was another sign of impending gov't action against US Citizens. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Anyone who's spent 30 seconds in the military recognizes this for what it is. A Battalion commander wanted it done that way. Why? Because he's a colonel and you aren't, that's why. Now go dig a hole, fill it back in, clean the shovel, and repaint the shovel blade. That'll teach you to ask "why".

tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    It's the Govrnment way. Somebody buys a $300 hammer. That's bad, but does not bankrupt the country. But the Government does not want it to happen, so it spends tens of million dollars on a program to prevent it. I know. It spent part of the money on me.
    Someone lost or stole a magazine, so now everyone suffers.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I disagree. 30% will go AWOL, the other 70% will do exactly what they are told to do. Whatever that might be.

So you think that when NG troops are told to kill their family members and neighbors in order to take their guns that they'll do it?

I have more faith in them than that. They'll come over and bring their hardware with them and their superiors know it.

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    I can kind of understand the magazine clampdown right now. I've watched many obvious G.I. magazines sell for $50 apiece on various websights in recent months. Even the military is having problems with the supply chain right now. A friend of mine is a D.I. down at Ft. Benning right now and he says an unusual amount of magazines and ammo seem to be getting "liberated". They have caught several of the "liberators" but the problem persists.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    So you think that when NG troops are told to kill their family members and neighbors in order to take their guns that they'll do it?

I have more faith in them than that. They'll come over and bring their hardware with them and their superiors know it.
    Well, let's see. Mutiny in the face of the "enemy" even when it is civilians in your own country and you are eligible for summary execution. How about a couple decades at Leavenworth?

Top Bottom