Lost my Spyderco Manix 2 -- Need a new EDC -- Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Confession: I was at Rural King today and the combination of their 12% rebate on everything plus a Kershaw Cryo hanging on the wall plus this topic made me weak and I did it.

I am ashamed for not getting it from Brad!

It's an interesting little knife and a decent copy of the ZT for the small investment. I'm suffering though because all of my sharpening gear is at home and the Cryo and I are not. ARGH!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Confession: I was at Rural King today and the combination of their 12% rebate on everything plus a Kershaw Cryo hanging on the wall plus this topic made me weak and I did it.

I am ashamed for not getting it from Brad!

It's an interesting little knife and a decent copy of the ZT for the small investment. I'm suffering though because all of my sharpening gear is at home and the Cryo and I are not. ARGH!

Those look pretty sweet, and the price is nice too.

I actually took delivery of a new Kershaw Leek today. Needed something a bit more conservative than the 0301 to clip in the pocket of my dress pants for work.

I love this little thing! It's super slicy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's how I roll my large purple friend!

At this juncture, I wish to document that you did, in fact, address me as "friend." The armor weakens!

I actually took delivery of a new Kershaw Leek today. Needed something a bit more conservative than the 0301 to clip in the pocket of my dress pants for work.

They had those too and now I kind of wish I'd gone in that direction. I just got thinking it would be neat to compare a miniature cousin to my ZT0560.

UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    rhino, did you get the all steel Cryo, or the G10 front scale Cryo? I found the standard all steel Cryo to be too slick, and ended with a Thermite instead.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    rhino, did you get the all steel Cryo, or the G10 front scale Cryo? I found the standard all steel Cryo to be too slick, and ended with a Thermite instead.

All steel. It's the only version that was staring at me, trying to exploit my addiction.

It is on the slick side! Maybe I'll add some skateboard tape and make it . . . custom.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's what I've been carrying at work for a LONG time now (the Leek). Delicate little point on it and it's really good for slicing. Great for office type stuff. Would be terrible at doing anything abusive at all.

Although, I'm starting to be of the opinion that I hate the Wharncliffe blade type. It looks really nice, but I really prefer something with a belly to it. Ever try scraping something off of a flat surface with a Wharncliffe? You just scratch and dig in with the tip since there's no belly. It's impossible.

(Side note, I had one of the framelock versions, and it was slicker than snot. The liner locking versions with aluminum scales provide approximately 237% more grip...+/- .02%. I'd assume the G10 versions or ones with some custom scales would be even grippier.)

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Spouse bought me a Kershaw of Emerson design Christmas that resembles your ZT, Evan. Frame lock, G10 scale, wave opening feature. I'm becoming quite fond of it. Solid and meaty. Much heftier than the Spyderco Native I had been carrying.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Spouse bought me a Kershaw of Emerson design Christmas that resembles your ZT, Evan. Frame lock, G10 scale, wave opening feature. I'm becoming quite fond of it. Solid and meaty. Much heftier than the Spyderco Native I had been carrying.

Yeah I like the Kershaw/Emerson collaboration and wouldn't mind picking one up someday.

Someone above mentioned the all steel Cryo being slick and I'll concur. That is the one thing I didn't like about the CryoII I bought to compare to the ZT0566.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom