• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Well I lost my favorite knife about 2 weeks ago. The worst thing about it is, I lost it in my house!! I was sure it would turn up somewhere, but after two weeks of turning this house upside down, it's nowhere to be found. My beloved Paramilitary 2 is MIA....

I bought a kershaw Skyline to help fill the void, but it's not working. And none of my other blades are filling that void either. It was my most expensive knife and my most liked as well. I don't know what to do without it. If this has happened to any of you, what did you guys do? And any thoughts as to a new replacement blades? Aside from another PM2.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I feel your pain :( I once kept a truck that ran like crap rather than trade it in just because I knew I had lost a knife I loved down in the seat of it. I finally took the seat out and low and behold the knife was not there :(
    About a week after I traded trucks I found the knife out in the yard still in perfect using shape, so keep your chin up it may turn up where you least expect it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    You'll find your old knife about an hour after you buy the new one :D My suggestion is buy something expensive like a Strider, Chris Reever, Hinderer, etc...... You'll be checking your pockets for it every 15 minutes or so.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    You'll find your old knife about an hour after you buy the new one :D My suggestion is buy something expensive like a Strider, Chris Reever, Hinderer, etc...... You'll be checking your pockets for it every 15 minutes or so.

I would LOVE to have any of those knives in my collection!! I would really like to have a Strider, they seem like they would fit my hands perfectly. I have big hands, and Ive never held one, but they seem to be a pretty good size knife.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I feel your pain :( I once kept a truck that ran like crap rather than trade it in just because I knew I had lost a knife I loved down in the seat of it. I finally took the seat out and low and behold the knife was not there :(
    About a week after I traded trucks I found the knife out in the yard still in perfect using shape, so keep your chin up it may turn up where you least expect it.

Glad someone can side with me. I'm seriously lost without that thing, I never thought losing a knife would upset me so much!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I would LOVE to have any of those knives in my collection!! I would really like to have a Strider, they seem like they would fit my hands perfectly. I have big hands, and Ive never held one, but they seem to be a pretty good size knife.

I have a SNG DGG Tanto, and it is a very sweet piece.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I have a SNG DGG Tanto, and it is a very sweet piece.

I just have to get my wife to understand why I need a Strider so badly!! Guns she doesnt care about so much when it comes to the price tag. But knives are a different story all together. I keep checking the classifieds, but nothing is jumping out at me.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I hope you find a replacement soon, being without sucks the big one. I lost my skyline a couple weeks ago and was wondering around like a lost puppy dog. Found it by the door thank God, but it does suck to need one and not have one on you.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Used to carry a Leek, and it came up missing. My solution was to buy 4 of them - one to carry and 3 as backups if I lost it again. I did end up finding the one I thought I lost down the side of the seat of my car.

I've since changed to carrying an Endura. And I have 3 spares (along with other assorted folders) should this one ever go MIA.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Well I lost my favorite knife about 2 weeks ago. The worst thing about it is, I lost it in my house!! I was sure it would turn up somewhere, but after two weeks of turning this house upside down, it's nowhere to be found. My beloved Paramilitary 2 is MIA....

I bought a kershaw Skyline to help fill the void, but it's not working. And none of my other blades are filling that void either. It was my most expensive knife and my most liked as well. I don't know what to do without it. If this has happened to any of you, what did you guys do? And any thoughts as to a new replacement blades? Aside from another PM2.

Dude what are you bummed about?!?! You have what every one of us wishes we had tonight... a legit reason to take to your wife to explain the need for a new (or multiple new) knives!!! If it's in the house it'll turn up and you'll be a knife or two ahead! This is actually a good idea... maybe a few of mine will be "lost" tonight....hmm

drifter197

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    s/w indy
    just stop looking and it will find you (it is missing you too). i hope you find it soon. lost my buck last year while fishing at eagle creek as i was cutting fishing line from trolling motor and it slipped out of my hand in deep water :(.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Dude what are you bummed about?!?! You have what every one of us wishes we had tonight... a legit reason to take to your wife to explain the need for a new (or multiple new) knives!!! If it's in the house it'll turn up and you'll be a knife or two ahead! This is actually a good idea... maybe a few of mine will be "lost" tonight....hmm

That is a very good point!! Thanks for cheering me up! Any ideas on how to convince the wife I need a couple more knives?? The more you guys keep posting up ZT's for people to buy, the more I'm wanting one. I've never held one before, but I sure would like too!

El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    I feel your pain. I've lost several knives over the years, some more expensive than others.
    But I also feel lost when I have to fly for vacation. You can't take you knife with you. I always feel so naked getting on a plane.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Two words Traderator..... Joint Checking

I know, I'm an idiot...

First, I'm a banker. I can fix this for you :D

Second, sell something. Throw some junk from the garage up in the classifieds. Show her you're making an effort to raise the funds without attacking the household bottom line.

Third, spring clean the house. You'll earn points with her and you'll be able to search for your old knife in the process!

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    First, I'm a banker. I can fix this for you :D

Second, sell something. Throw some junk from the garage up in the classifieds. Show her you're making an effort to raise the funds without attacking the household bottom line.

Third, spring clean the house. You'll earn points with her and you'll be able to search for your old knife in the process!

You, my friend, are a genius!!

Now just gotta find some crap to sell...

Top Bottom