• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I "lost" a Busse Meaner Streets with a kydex sheath made by Tom Krein. I just couldn't find it. I looked in the car, in all the different bags, in the "man room," at work... even in the lil klepto stash my 8 yr old keeps. Nada. It HAS to be here somewhere. For the last two years - in the wee hours of the night after the family is asleep - I'll think : But, but I haven't looked there! I lose another hour or two to a fruitless search.

I'm thinking it fell out of the car in a Indy parking lot.

Sad thing is someone probably picked it up thinking it is a $20 knife with a cheap plastic sheath.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I "lost" a Busse Meaner Streets with a kydex sheath made by Tom Krein. I just couldn't find it. I looked in the car, in all the different bags, in the "man room," at work... even in the lil klepto stash my 8 yr old keeps. Nada. It HAS to be here somewhere. For the last two years - in the wee hours of the night after the family is asleep - I'll think : But, but I haven't looked there! I lose another hour or two to a fruitless search.

I'm thinking it fell out of the car in a Indy parking lot.

Sad thing is someone probably picked it up thinking it is a $20 knife with a cheap plastic sheath.

FAR from a $20 knife, but I'm sure your right about someone thinking that. It just drives me nuts knowing its only a few feet from me at any given time, but I can't see it!!!

I just need to focus on a replacement, and get it. I have no idea what to get though. I was on such a big Spyderco kick, to the point I didn't even want to look at anything else. So I'd like to try something new and exciting!

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    That is a beautiful knife for sure. Ive never spent that much on a knife before. So that would be a HUGE step for me. I know the knife is worth the price, but only being into knives for just over a year makes it harder to swallow the prices.

Ive always been a gun guy, so when I see a knife for $400-$600 my first thought is, I COULD BUY A GUN FOR THAT MUCH MONEY!!!

So I think with this next one, I want to stay under the $200 mark. I paid about $120 for my lost PM2, so I figure going up to $200 puts me a little closer to the price of the knives I dream to acquire!!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Considered a Benchmade 710? D2 is fine. They made an amazing series with high speed M2/M4 but they are harder to find.

You should be able to find a D2 710 for <$120. They are - in the production knife world - an exceptional blade. So is the Manix - I just didn't like the ergos. If you like the PM, you might like the 710.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Considered a Benchmade 710? D2 is fine. They made an amazing series with high speed M2/M4 but they are harder to find.

You should be able to find a D2 710 for <$120. They are - in the production knife world - an exceptional blade. So is the Manix - I just didn't like the ergos. If you like the PM, you might like the 710.

I've looked a quite a few Benchmade knives, but haven't cared for the ergos or blade designs of most of them. The one that strikes my fancy though is the 275 Adamas, but haven't heard much about it. I like the feel of a sort of beefy knife, it's probably because I'm a big guy with pretty large hands.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Really??? Crap... I was afraid of that. I had a ZT0350 and it, like the Manix, just felt waaaaay too large for my carry ergos. I like the 710 size. The Sebenza Large size. I might not be able to do a 0560/1 in person. Maybe I'll get a chance to see yours.

FYI -

Military on the top, PM on the bottom. 710 third from the bottom.

IMG_2348.jpg

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Nice line up!! The Military and PM jump out at me big time!! And the Barrage does a little. The 710 looks like it would be to skinny for my liking though. I hate this, I have no idea what to do!! I appreciate all the help and options, feel free to keep them coming.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Ill keep an eye out for one, for sure. Just every time I see a Strider, my heart breaks a little. I know there is NO way I could ever get one, unless I found a good price on a used one.

Anyone want to see a Strider at a good price!?!?:):

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Here's another option, I just picked up a new H.E.S.T. Folder from brad to replace my ZT0350 as my EDC. I, like you, don't really care for the look and design of most bench made knives. So I went with the HEST. It is a titanium frame lock and D2 blade. And the price is under your $200 mark. They are built by lion steel in Italy.

They had a bunch of issues with the first gen. of them, but seem to have worked them out with the secong gen. This is why I have decided to give one a shot.

I picked it up last night and I really, really, like it. it even has the lion steel rotolock to make it a fixed blade for hard use.

From top to bottem: ZT0301st,ZT0350st,HEST fixed blade,HEST folder, and strider DBGG. These are some common knives to compare size to.
    photo-181.jpg

photo-182.jpg

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    The H.E.S.T. has intrigued me for some time now. I've never held one or even seen one in person, but they do spark my interest. The only thing that I didn't care for from the pictures, was the pocket clip. It seems like its huge. But I could be very wrong in that observation. And I've wondered if they are worth the price they were commanding.

I'm not opposed to the ZT line of knives either, I just don't much about them at all. I wish there was an actual knife store in NWI so I could go and handle all of the nice knives....

I really like that ZT0301st you have pictured!!

Last edited:

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    OH MY! I've just found another knife that stood out! An Emerson CQC 10. I haven't really looked into Emerson knives much, mostly because I dont like the blade shape and handle ergos on most of their knives. But the CQC 10 looks like it would feel PERFECT! Thoughts anyone?

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Ok, small update. I still haven't found that pesky PM2, BUT I got the ok from my wife to buy a ZT 0560. June just hammers me with my wife and my twins all having birthdays this month. So next month, a ZT 0560 will be mine!!! Thank you to paddling_man for the idea and Grunt soldier for answering all of my questions lately, it's much appreciated my friend!!

Top Bottom