• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the issue here is not what your opinion is on OC vs. CC, the FACT is that OC IS LEGAL so the issue is that why are LEGAL U.S. citizens being ordered to the ground like criminals by police who are sworn to protect them, when the citizens have committed no crime. cops dont like open carry because they feel no one but them should have guns. they like the attention it brings them when they walk into a room in their uniform with a gun on their side. Its instant respect without even earning it. well as a citizen i dont carry a firearm to get respect, i do it for safety and as a deterence.

I hope you win this fight, and get those cops fired

2000fxstb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    you need to go to in.gov website and search the Indiana Administrative Codes, such as 35-47-2-23 for location limits, possession restrictions, transportation of..etc this should be of some help

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    you need to go to in.gov website and search the Indiana Administrative Codes, such as 35-47-2-23 for location limits, possession restrictions, transportation of..etc this should be of some help
    I'm not denying it's truth nor am I questioning you necessarily. My many question marks were just me asking into the 'air'. I see you just registered here, welcome.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Well, aside from the fact that they assaulted you for breaking no law, they absolutely do not have the right to call you names.

Others will tell you to file a complaint. The fact that other officers there didn't put a stop to the illegal and unproffesional behavior makes clear the department will do nothing. At most, the department MIGHT apologize. Is that really enough for what you went through?

Lawyer up, sue them.

Um.... Joe, just in case I missed it, where was the assault? I may be wrong, but am of the opinion that Indiana State Laws defines assault as the threat of violence against another. I also believe that the offender has to have the means, the ability, and the opportunity to carry out the threat immediately.

Furthermore, anyone can call anyone any name that they want. Granted there may be civil and/or social sanctions. There is no law against calling a liberal a liberal, ect. I am not saying I agree with the Officer's actions. However, if you expect people to respond with greater actions to your claims and complaints, it may help if they are based on factual information of the incident and state law. Not anger and outrage.:twocents:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    the issue here is not what your opinion is on OC vs. CC, the FACT is that OC IS LEGAL so the issue is that why are LEGAL U.S. citizens being ordered to the ground like criminals by police who are sworn to protect them, when the citizens have committed no crime. Some cops dont like open carry because they feel no one but them should have guns. they like the attention it brings them when they walk into a room in their uniform with a gun on their side. Its instant respect without even earning it. well as a citizen i dont carry a firearm to get respect, i do it for safety and as a deterence.

I hope you win this fight, and get those cops fired

Fixed it for you, cause I would hate to see you make a blanket statement about a group of US citizens within a certain profession. :rolleyes:

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Quick question here. Yuo draw your weapon on someone trying to rob X place. The cops show up and you have bad guy proned out on the ground. Many people are around. Cops roll up, you are ordered to drop your weapon, remember cops dont know you from bad guy. You are proned out and cuffed a long with BG, till situation is sorted out. Then determined who bad guy is, you were legally carrying. Bad guy goes to jail. Do you feel your rights were violated then?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Quick question here. Yuo draw your weapon on someone trying to rob X place. The cops show up and you have bad guy proned out on the ground. Many people are around. Cops roll up, you are ordered to drop your weapon, remember cops dont know you from bad guy. You are proned out and cuffed a long with BG, till situation is sorted out. Then determined who bad guy is, you were legally carrying. Bad guy goes to jail. Do you feel your rights were violated then?

No because pointing your weapon at someone CAN be a crime, though in this case it wouldn't be. There's no way they would know who you are and if your pointing of a gun is legal or not as soon as they roll up. If cops see someone pointing a gun at someone of course they should interact. How do you feel ryanbr?

Edit: I am assuming that this hypothetical robbery is a forcible felony.

Last edited:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne

Not one bit I have been involved in a criminal event and both people could be claiming to be the good guy. Now if I were in that situation and as soon as I had the BG under control with my cover on them I would be on my phone letting them know Im the good guy, so when the cops show up they are aware full of who is who. Remember the one that calls the cops first are the good guy. Just a rule of thumb.

2000fxstb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    So you mean if a school is on a field trip to a business that I own, I need to leave my weapon at home? What???
    No in that case the business is yours and a field trip is not a school function, check with the law ref#35-47-9-2 this is about that topic

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    This kind of suff has got to stop. Police who do not know the laws they are sworn to enforce !! Everday people not knowing the "Open Carry" is LEGAL in Indiana.

If you contacted the NRA, I am sure they would run some ad's in the local paper letting people know that "Open-carry" IS legal in Indiana.

I think I just found my new bumper sticker!!!!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Personally I am not a fan of open carry (for myself) just because of the problem's it causes... if someone else want't to fine by me.

if it was me I would at least file a formal complaint with the PD on the ground's of not being profesional and request to watch/listen to the video from the patrol car's with the cheif. If they showed up with their light's flashing it is on video... even if they turned them off it is still on video. I have been told by many that they continue to record for quite a while later.

Also, if someone was upset and said something about a gun that I had honestly I would not stick around, chances are they will call it in saying I was barandishing it and pointing it at people and even if they don't a man with a gun 911 call's never go over well.

I also don't like people to know what I have or don't have....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I may be wrong, but am of the opinion that Indiana State Laws defines assault as the threat of violence against another.

If this part is true, it sounds pretty threatening to me.
    If you carried into the bank like that we problly shoot you........I was threatened to be shot.....If i carried at the bank.....So now i dont feel safe carying at the bank anymore.

Totally different situation. Your hypothetical scenario involves an actual crime being committed, not just some pantywaist cashier calling the cops on you, because they are oblivious to the law.

Jeez. Is there such a thing as police overreaction in your eyes? Is it okay that every time someone disapproves of what you are doing or what you are wearing, the cops can roll up and make you stick your nose in the dirt like some kind of criminal? Is it okay to be treated this way for obeying the law? Not all of us can just flash a badge and have the dogs called off of us.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    LOL. Never heard him before and am unlikely to hear him again, so I don't really care. He sounds like he sways with the wind to me.

Yes he does. A co-worker of mine used to be INANG while White was there as well. The pilots and ground crew White worked with said he was a pompous ass back then. Guess he hasn't changed much.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom