• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    I've found guns with only one round in the mag...

Mopes carry what they can find. Its not unusual to find FMJ and HP mixtures with different brands also. They don't care; just as long as it goes bang.

That's been my experience also. I've recovered more than one bad guy gun with not only a mix of FMJ and HP, but a mix of calibers in mag!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Do IMPD officers wear cameras similar to the Louisville officers?

I did notice that too. The shoulder location seems much better than the chest area.

As to the Officer shooting through the windshield, maybe he saw the perp raise his gun to fire at another officer. That prompted the immediate response of shots through the windshield.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Here is another
    Louisville PD is releasing body cam footage unedited to display transparency. Looks like it’s going to be a rough summer in the Ville.

https://www.rt.com/usa/379384-louisville-officer-shooting-warrick/

That seems like an unambiguously bad shoot. He was startled by seeing the guy hiding behind the mattress, panicked, and shot him. What ended up happening?

If I lived in Louisville, I'd be double-checking my property insurance right about now. Lots of shootings stacking up.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why wouldn't they just turn the sirens off? That poor guy spent 5 minutes trying to get them turned off.

It's not a real priority, and your mind has a lot of other things going on.

Humans are incapable of multi-tasking. We just task switch rapidly. We also have limited computing capacity (actually very limited, which we make up for with lots of "cheats" and efficiencies in the way we think, ever see a stick and think it was a snake at first? That's a cheat. Your brain says SNAKE! and you react until you have that split second to actually process the entire visual input and see it's just a stick. The reason is if it's a stick and you falsely assume snake, no harm. See a snake and wrongly assume stick, harm can occur).

With a deadly force decision, there is so much sensory input to be interpreted, so much to reorient to, planning and decision making, forming hypothesis of outcome, re-evaluation as things change, your brain is pretty busy. "Turn off siren" sometimes doesn't get a turn to come up. It's also why you'll see people holding on to a purse, or soda, etc. while they draw and engage a convenience store robber. "Drop item" never came up as a task, and unless their subconscious response is to get two hands on the gun they'll not abandon the "resource" of the soda.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    It's not a real priority, and your mind has a lot of other things going on.

Humans are incapable of multi-tasking. We just task switch rapidly. We also have limited computing capacity (actually very limited, which we make up for with lots of "cheats" and efficiencies in the way we think, ever see a stick and think it was a snake at first? That's a cheat. Your brain says SNAKE! and you react until you have that split second to actually process the entire visual input and see it's just a stick. The reason is if it's a stick and you falsely assume snake, no harm. See a snake and wrongly assume stick, harm can occur).

With a deadly force decision, there is so much sensory input to be interpreted, so much to reorient to, planning and decision making, forming hypothesis of outcome, re-evaluation as things change, your brain is pretty busy. "Turn off siren" sometimes doesn't get a turn to come up. It's also why you'll see people holding on to a purse, or soda, etc. while they draw and engage a convenience store robber. "Drop item" never came up as a task, and unless their subconscious response is to get two hands on the gun they'll not abandon the "resource" of the soda.

Thank you for that explanation. I remember situations where the last thing on my mind was the most obvious and that definitely makes sense.

I was making a lighthearted comment about how pissed he seemed to be about the sirens and kept yelling. It reminded me of when Wyatt had ol Morg on the pool table and yelled about the dog.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    On the 2017 shooting the Officer is still on administrative leave and still may be charged. Lawsuit has been filed by Dude shot he spent a few weeks in the hospital.

DasOmen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2018
    Avon
    Really couldn’t tell from the vids what happened. But if it’s any tell, perps pistol was lying on ground at slidelock, leaving at least the impression it had been fired? Easy way to prevent being shot by cops is the rule of “Don’t start none, won’t be none”!
    I wonder if he was reaching for the hi point and shot himself in the top of the leg and it jammed. The second cam you can see the bullet hole in the top of his knee. The wound looks like it happened extremely close range.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Looks like Louisville PD has no problem opening fire.
    Watched all the linked videos, I don't know what I would do in those situations, just to be clear, I am not being critical.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looks like Louisville PD has no problem opening fire.
    Watched all the linked videos, I don't know what I would do in those situations, just to be clear, I am not being critical.
    The converse side to that is that Louisville and Jeffersonville are full of dirtbag mopes that need shootin’.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On the 2017 shooting the Officer is still on administrative leave and still may be charged. Lawsuit has been filed by Dude shot he spent a few weeks in the hospital.

Charged for what? The guy fired on them, right? Fleeing felon rule: check. Now, unloading your gun in the direction of a home which may or may not be occupied, no bueno. A flier could've smoked someone else.

Top Bottom