• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish someone in Indy would do this. I have a box of bullets that either have excessive setback from being chambered, were reloads found on the ground at MCFG or are otherwise discards. I figure that the wife, two son's and I could each drop 30 of them off and then head out for a nice dinner. Or, better yet, use that $120 to stock up on reloading supplies.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Top of poster states they must be boolitz "in good condition" so if they're obvious screwups . . .

John

Do you really think folks putting on shenanigans like this can tell the difference for anything but the most obvious defects?

How silly this is. Even with best intensions I can't imagine someone thinking this will do any good. Instead make a laughing stock of this church event.
    Kind of a spiritual ND

This isn't the time for more debate or arguing, stop obstructing common sense. We have to do SOMETHING, think of the children!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    On my reloading bench I have a canister marked "phuck ups" with several bullets with up side down primers, no powder, glock smileys etc, etc. This may be a good way to dispose off then. Lol
    I was thinking the same thing, but they said bullets have to be in good condition. I've got some old shotgun shells that I could cash in on. Heck, it'd be worth it to collect on a hundred good reloads. I doubt that an old white guy would be welcome, though.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    It could be entertaining just to park across the street to see how many show up with a truckload of .22lr attempting to make a killing (yeah, bad pun). Just a thought. The value of my time is too high and I don't have a family to cash in 30 each.

John

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    You know I'm going to knob creek this weekend. I've been reloading for some time and have about 50 bad rounds. That could pay fees on the bridge to and from and buy me a good box at the show. But is that stealing from God?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You know I'm going to knob creek this weekend. I've been reloading for some time and have about 50 bad rounds. That could pay fees on the bridge to and from and buy me a good box at the show. But is that stealing from God?
    No, it is taking money from foolish men. You've heard the old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted!"

GGF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've got friends over across the toll bridge, I wish I'd seen this in time to give them a heads up!

The only thing better is a gun buyback. Always keep a broke Davis 380 in the parts bin to cash in!
    A buddy got $100 for a Jennings 22, broke firing pin & no mag.

GGF

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That buyback is in a neighborhood I would rather avoid.

A lot of them are.
    We had an Ingo member try and buy guns from folks lining up at a gun buy back here in Indy.
    38th and Keystone area. Church putting it on. Our boy had a sign saying he would pay cash for guns.
    As we all tried to tell him he was detained/cuffed /sat on the curb until he was cleared. He was pretty mad but maybe 30 of us tried to tell him not to go out there with his sign. This has been a few years ago. I believe it made the news "If" memory serves.

Top Bottom