• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Next low light shoot is July 11th at 6 and 7 pm.

Shoot #1 went very well but in an effort to reduce the amount of time shooters had to wait between stages to shoot we will be doing a 6pm and 7 pm flight. It will be 3 different stages and you will come shoot the 3 stages and be done. This is a modified version of what Coach started with his Carry gun matches at Riley as I do more of these and am better aware of how long it will take per shooter then I can do time slot sign ups which is a fantastic way to come shoot and then be done.

Match fee $20.00 sign up on Parabellum website

Round count will be 50 -60 rounds. Scores will be posted on Practiscore.
    When you arrive please stay in the lobby, you will not get to walk the stages before you shoot them.
    It is designed to make you think before you shoot… You can “run and gun” but it will be a little more challenging.

If you have appropriate holsters for running a weapon mounted light you will be allowed to draw from a holster but low ready will still be ok for those that don’t.
    I hope to continue this on a monthly basis, so if this is something you enjoy I strongly suggest getting gear for it.

Parabellum can make holsters if you can’t find what you want, just not at the last day/minute

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’ll be there to observe. You can see a lot just by observing—Yogi Berra

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I’ll be there to observe. You can see a lot just by observing—Yogi Berra
    Kelly,
    You need to sign up, unlike other matches only 1 shooter will be in the shooting area at a time. Stages are unknown to shooters before timer goes off. :)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kelly,
    You need to sign up, unlike other matches only 1 shooter will be in the shooting area at a time. Stages are unknown to shooters before timer goes off. :)
    PM coming later. Lots of questions

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    I’m not gonna PM anyone, cause next thing I know, I’ll be signed up too! Haha
    I am definitely interested!! The idea that you’re going into a ‘stage’ or ‘scenario’ without having seen it sounds incredible! I will get to one of these sometime soon, I just know I won’t be able to in July…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just my .02. Part of the fun of the matches is hanging out with others. While "wham, bam, thank ya ma'am" flights are nice and convenient, it does take away some. Not to be too graphic, but just like a magazine and some hand lotion will get the job done, but its much more fun with your significant other. Either one achieves the same end result; But one is more fun and more social.

But we do appreciate you stepping up and helping to carry on the legacy.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m not gonna PM anyone, cause next thing I know, I’ll be signed up too! Haha
    I am definitely interested!! The idea that you’re going into a ‘stage’ or ‘scenario’ without having seen it sounds incredible! I will get to one of these sometime soon, I just know I won’t be able to in July…
    But so far I've resisted bringing my Ranger in to get "that dent" fixed. :lmfao:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Just my .02. Part of the fun of the matches is hanging out with others. While "wham, bam, thank ya ma'am" flights are nice and convenient, it does take away some. Not to be too graphic, but just like a magazine and some hand lotion will get the job done, but its much more fun with your significant other. Either one achieves the same end result; But one is more fun and more social.

But we do appreciate you stepping up and helping to carry on the legacy.
    While I do agree there is a lot to be said for group events. I gain a lot from watching others,
    My intensions behind this though is to make you think and decide to shoot or not if something goes bump in the night when you at home with family in the house... and also to have an opportunity to shoot with a light, something most people don't get to practice much.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This Sunday evening. Still room to sign up. Round count will be in the neighborhood of 60 rounds.
    This will be a good learning experience for those that have not done it before but challenging for experienced shooters as well.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Thank you for putting this together! Like you mentioned, if you dont own enough property to shoot on, there are very few opportunities to practice in low light scenarios. I've never shot a competition before, but I'm excited to try it out tomorrow. I'm sure I will learn a lot about my tactics and my gear. Do you think there will be opportunities in the future to run with PCCs or ARs?

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I don’t know about these low-light nights, but PCC is a class at all USPSA matches, and I think Steel Challenge matches too. There are a few 3-gun, 2-gun, and occasionally a regular rifle match that you could run a regular AR. If you have a .22 AR you can run that at a Rimfire Falling Steel or Steel Challenge match.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I don’t know about these low-light nights, but PCC is a class at all USPSA matches, and I think Steel Challenge matches too. There are a few 3-gun, 2-gun, and occasionally a regular rifle match that you could run a regular AR. If you have a .22 AR you can run that at a Rimfire Falling Steel or Steel Challenge match.
    Thanks for that information. I'm probably in the wrong section, but my main goal is just to have low light shooting opportunities for training on my concealed carry and home defense weapons. For example on a HD AR, there aren't any opportunities to practice shooting with a weapon mounted light in a low light situation. It would be interesting to run low light courses with different HD setups with and without silencers to try to find an optimized setup for maneuverability and flash reduction. I realize that this opportunity will probably never happen, but with Parabellum being a popular silencer dealer, I assume there are other customers who would like to see how their cans perform in a low light HD situation.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I’ve fired my AR in the dark and with a Vortex there’s very little flash visible, about like my 9mm pistol or even less. I would think with a can you wouldn’t see anything from behind the gun.

Check with ProTEQ in Brazil. I’m sure they could work out a training season where you could try some scenarios with your HD guns in low light.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll second Proteq. I GUARANTEE Stephen and Don will HAPPILY offer some night training. Ive seen them post up on FB about it before.

Top Bottom