• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If ever being held hostage in a low-light situation, drop your cell phone. Water bottle? OK. Cell phone? Drop it!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I sense there is a story here... LOL Hate I had to miss it due to family commitments.
    Yeah I smoked two no-shoot targets who were holding cell phones. First time I ever shot holding a light.

Props to AllenM for having very challenging stages. I'll be back.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Yeah I smoked two no-shoot targets who were holding cell phones. First time I ever shot holding a light.

Props to AllenM for having very challenging stages. I'll be back.
    You still did better than me. I was completely overwhelmed and thought only stages 2/3 were shoot/no shoot. I even shot the cop in stage 1. This was my first shooting competition and I can now see how nerves can really mess up your judgement.

Allen mentioned the potential of having carbines next month, so I should get a chance to run my AR in the dark then. Seems like silencers are also welcome.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You still did better than me. I was completely overwhelmed and thought only stages 2/3 were shoot/no shoot. I even shot the cop in stage 1. This was my first shooting competition and I can now see how nerves can really mess up your judgement.

Allen mentioned the potential of having carbines next month, so I should get a chance to run my AR in the dark then. Seems like silencers are also welcome.
    Just dont let it discourage you. If you learned from it, and Allen didnt DQ you and kick you out you did good in my book. :thumbsup:

I did the same at one of the late, great Coach's shoots. I was given orders that intruders had invaded my home and I was to fight my way through the targets in the hallway to my daughter who was sleeping alone in her bed. So I did. I entered the first hall and engaged the bad guy at the corner. I rounded the corner and engaged the next bad guy in the hall. I entered my daughters room and saw the no shoot and stopped.

Coach asked if I was done shooting and I said yes. He said "You're dead". I looked at him puzzled and he asked "how many people do you see in the room?" I saw two and realized there was still one bad guy. I was so hyper focused on fighting my way to her I didnt comprehend that there was going to be a bad guy in the bedroom with her. I missed the key instruction "she is sleeping alone." I interpreted it that all the BGs were in the hall and I assumed the other target was mom or something. Better there than "on the street".

So it happens to the best of us.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

That was a whole different level of... everything. If you come out and can say you learned something, that's a good thing! I learned I have a lot to work on, having a light corrects my night vision that goes out the window with a muzzle flash, and if I'm ever being held hostage to drop my phone.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I had a blast except I can't see past about 10 yards with my light and It.was hard for me to distinguish friendlies and non friendlies. Perhaps I do need those bifocals with 4x magnification

It was a little confusing but I still had a blast. Good times

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Just dont let it discourage you. If you learned from it, and Allen didnt DQ you and kick you out you did good in my book. :thumbsup:

I did the same at one of the late, great Coach's shoots. I was given orders that intruders had invaded my home and I was to fight my way through the targets in the hallway to my daughter who was sleeping alone in her bed. So I did. I entered the first hall and engaged the bad guy at the corner. I rounded the corner and engaged the next bad guy in the hall. I entered my daughters room and saw the no shoot and stopped.

Coach asked if I was done shooting and I said yes. He said "You're dead". I looked at him puzzled and he asked "how many people do you see in the room?" I saw two and realized there was still one bad guy. I was so hyper focused on fighting my way to her I didnt comprehend that there was going to be a bad guy in the bedroom with her. I missed the key instruction "she is sleeping alone." I interpreted it that all the BGs were in the hall and I assumed the other target was mom or something. Better there than "on the street".

So it happens to the best of us.
    I still had a ton of fun and learned a lot. My TLR7A died halfway into stage 2 because the front cap loosened during recoil. After hitting the switch a few times and getting no light, I felt the front cap and was able to tighten it quickly and finish the stage. I'll definitely make sure my WMLs are all extra tight before storing for HD or wearing for CC.

I also plan to slow down and treat it more like real life next time - no shooting nice guys - especially more than once lol.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Thought tonight was very tough. I came in off my mental game and it showed in my movement through the different stages. I think I messed up all but the second, and don't feel like I did all that well there.
    But that's why I come. For the practice.

Thanks again to Allen.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great event tonight, mental gymnastics would be the my best description of this shoot. I also had trouble seeing the threats vs hostages on stage 1 and ended up shooting everyone. Stage two went much better and stage 3 was back to the same confusion on threats vs hostages. Good times though made me think more than I usually do when I shoot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hopefully this exercise helps everyone think and improve. (both skills and equipment, if necessary)

Thanks again to AllenM for putting in the effort. Its appreciated by more than just who made it to this one.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Hopefully this exercise helps everyone think and improve. (both skills and equipment, if necessary)

Thanks again to AllenM for putting in the effort. Its appreciated by more than just who made it to this one.
    Agreed. Big thanks to AllenM for setting this up and Parabellum for hosting. I really hope they keep these events going!

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A few things I noticed this time around:

I shot a Glock 21c w/front NS and WML. Not once did I notice the flash from the ported barrel but by the same token I don’t think I ever saw the glow of the NS, just the outline of the sights from my light. My light is not bright or sharp enough to see clearly past 15ish yrds.

Top Bottom