• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah sorry i posted the first one then was like i better explain my stupidity for the theft, Then i was like great these people are going to think im a crook LOL so i tried to explain that some times where you live will get you into trouble that you are not looking for LOL. If i had thought it trough it would have been one post. Any ways does any one know the answere to the question LOL. Ill ask again since it was 4 post ago LOL. When asked about criminal background while applying for the LTCH. Do they want all of the history including stuff from out of state IL to be specific? And if so how accurate does it have to be? Can i just put i was arrested alot for being a stupid kid. I have tried to get my record before from various police stations to no avail. Can any one tell me how to get my own record on top of all the other questions? Sorry for all of that.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yeah sorry i posted the first one then was like i better explain my stupidity for the theft, Then i was like great these people are going to think im a crook LOL so i tried to explain that some times where you live will get you into trouble that you are not looking for LOL. If i had thought it trough it would have been one post. Any ways does any one know the answere to the question LOL. Ill ask again since it was 4 post ago LOL. When asked about criminal background while applying for the LTCH. Do they want all of the history including stuff from out of state IL to be specific? And if so how accurate does it have to be? Can i just put i was arrested alot for being a stupid kid. I have tried to get my record before from various police stations to no avail. Can any one tell me how to get my own record on top of all the other questions? Sorry for all of that.

Every conviction must be listed, regardless of state. Each charge and the outcome will be verified and any inaccuracies or omissions may result in denial.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The second crime is the number of places the OP had to call. :(

Also the in.gov/isp website has all kinds of fail. 404's, stylesheets.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How about if that conviction was overturned on appeal? Would it still have to be listed?
    I would say yes. It's still going to show on your record as a conviction, and the app requires you to list all convictions.

There's no benefit in not listing it. They are going to review every charge you've ever had and the outcome of each regardless of whether or not you list it, and not listing something could be grounds for denial. They will see the appeal when verifying court records.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Every conviction must be listed, regardless of state. Each charge and the outcome will be verified and any inaccuracies or omissions may result in denial.

I made a few convictions up since they were going to check into it anyway. I got a call asking me if I was an idiot or just plain stupid. I answered yessir and they said ok, you're good to go and hooked a brother up.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Chez: How about after a successful law suit to expunge the record?
    I'm really not sure. I know I had 2 misdemeanors dismissed after a deferral, and they still had to be listed. It took forever for them to track down the court records to confirm they were dismissed. As stated up thread, ANY arrest now results in "further review" and will delay the process. My theory was that any information I could provide would be quicker than waiting for them to track it down on their own.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Well that sucks how do i get my record? I hope I can add pages to the document cause its going to be a book LOL

You are going to have to download and print the app instead of doing it online. Add your extra pages and go from there.

Either way, you are in for a loooooong wait. A guy on here with similar circumstances as yours waited just over a year for his.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had an misdemeanor back in the 1980s. When I filled out my application, I mentioned it and then tried to obtain the records. However, when I called the city where it happened, they said they only keep records for 10 years. But they gave me a letter stating such, and I sent that with my application. I never had any problem at all in the four states where I applied for and was granted LTCHs. Bottom line, just tell tell the truth.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Laws that are not Constitutional are NOT legal and should be broke by all LAW abiding citizens. Thats why it is funny. My arrest record is long because i was arrested alot by ignorant cops who thought it was ok to stop and arrest someone cause they where white in a black neighbor hood. So much for my civil libertys. Of course i did steal that costume so that was justified in being arrested. LOL

Top Bottom