LTCH doesn't match ID, will this be a problem?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This actually helps a lot! Do you know how much training typically costs? How would I go about finding a training facility (?) near me?
    It doesn’t have an amount for basic pistol class, but it does have a link for family and couples discounts with this on the page...

All TFT courses are offered with family and couples discounts so that couples or family members can take our courses together at a discounted price.
    Do you have three or more family members who would like to take a TFT course together? Click on the "Contact Us" button above or call (317) 432-0747 and allow us to save you some money by training together with your family! For example, four family members can take TFT Basic Pistol for the price of three!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When MrsBugz got her lifetime carry about 2 years ago, the state got her eye and hair color reversed on the license. Called in and they said don’t worry about it.
    Blue hair and red eyes? Many years ago when I was working at a gas station a lady came in that fit that description. She bought 10 packs of zig-zag whites. She asked for them and kind of surprised I just looked at her. She half jokingly said , you know the skinny ones that are hard to roll. She had to have been in her 70s if not older.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The address on my pink card doesn't match the address on my driver's license. I changed my address on the state police website a few weeks after moving, but I didn't order a new pink card or anything.

I'm looking to purchase a handgun and wanted to make sure this wasn't going to cause any issues. What do you guys think?

EDIT: My DL has the correct address. I'm specifically wondering if listings in the Classifieds will have an issue with the two cards not lining up. I know I can get a new card, but $20 for a piece of plastic?
    Definitely update your card especially if you plan on going out of state to a state that honors our permits.

Like monkey said you don't know what kind of officer will be requiring your permit. It just makes things easier imo.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    In a good shoot, that will be clerical. In a bad shoot, that will be the least of your problems.

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Blue hair and red eyes? Many years ago when I was working at a gas station a lady came in that fit that description. She bought 10 packs of zig-zag whites. She asked for them and kind of surprised I just looked at her. She half jokingly said , you know the skinny ones that are hard to roll. She had to have been in her 70s if not older.
    Green hair and brown eyes. I know that today, this may be ”normal” for some.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    shooting myself in the dick
    ^^Don't do this.

As my ID and Pink Card don't match address, I echo your concern regarding private transactions with fellow INGO members. I wonder though, is there a penalty of some sort if a LEO finds that ID and LTCH don't match? I can't imagine it would matter, but... Frankly, I don't understand the logic of needing an address on the pink card so long as I live in Indiana. I mean, the LTCH covers the entire state whether I live in Peru, Evansville or Richmond. So specific address shouldn't matter as long as one is an Indiana resident. Just think of all the young people that rent and change address almost yearly. One would think the state wouldn't want the extra clerical work. And then there is the imminent passing of constitutional carry effectively making the LTCH moot. Good for you trying to do it the right way. Welcome aboard.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ^^Don't do this.

As my ID and Pink Card don't match address, I echo your concern regarding private transactions with fellow INGO members. I wonder though, is there a penalty of some sort if a LEO finds that ID and LTCH don't match? I can't imagine it would matter, but... Frankly, I don't understand the logic of needing an address on the pink card so long as I live in Indiana. I mean, the LTCH covers the entire state whether I live in Peru, Evansville or Richmond. So specific address shouldn't matter as long as one is an Indiana resident. Just think of all the young people that rent and change address almost yearly. One would think the state wouldn't want the extra clerical work. And then there is the imminent passing of constitutional carry effectively making the LTCH moot. Good for you trying to do it the right way. Welcome aboard.
    Once again, absolutely not. ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE ADDRESS IN THE ISP DATABASE IS CORRECT.

You dont even need to carry your LTCH. The law just says you have to be able to prove you have one. (having it is just the easy way)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Once again, absolutely not. ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE ADDRESS IN THE ISP DATABASE IS CORRECT.

You dont even need to carry your LTCH. The law just says you have to be able to prove you have one. (having it is just the easy way)
    But does the incorrect address in the database present legal jeopardy? Soon to be moot. But I can't find where it would have made a difference, sans the suspicious whims of officer friendly who might be looking to make his authoritative point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But does the incorrect address in the database present legal jeopardy? Soon to be moot. But I can't find where it would have made a difference, sans the suspicious whims of officer friendly who might be looking to make his authoritative point.
    Id say if thats not a typo, an incorrect address is indeed legal jeopardy. Because as I understand it the LTCH is only valid so long as the address is valid. IF you move and dont update it, they no longer consider the LTCH valid. But I'd say (IANAL) that come July 1 you'd only have a problem if you are out of state relying on reciprocity.

And this is why you pay the $20 insurance that is a reprinted card with the correct, current address. Some cops just dont understand the law and their ignorance can lead to your bad day. Sure, in the end you will prevail, but at what cost? A trip downtown? An arrest record that will need to be expunged because you were arrested for a non crime? How much will that cost in attorneys fees, lost opportunity costs, etc? But once again, a moot point in a couple months. (thank God)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Id say if thats not a typo, an incorrect address is indeed legal jeopardy. Because as I understand it the LTCH is only valid so long as the address is valid. IF you move and dont update it, they no longer consider the LTCH valid. But I'd say (IANAL) that come July 1 you'd only have a problem if you are out of state relying on reciprocity.

And this is why you pay the $20 insurance that is a reprinted card with the correct, current address. Some cops just dont understand the law and their ignorance can lead to your bad day. Sure, in the end you will prevail, but at what cost? A trip downtown? An arrest record that will need to be expunged because you were arrested for a non crime? How much will that cost in attorneys fees, lost opportunity costs, etc? But once again, a moot point in a couple months. (thank God)
    Before Ohio went to Constitutional Carry I definitely had my permit updated just in case of the situation you described. I go to Ohio often for medical reasons.
    It doesn't matter in Indiana as long as you change address with ISP. However, going out of state to a state that does not have Constitutional Carry, but recognizes Indiana LTCH it probably would make a difference between a trip to jail and continuing on to your destination. $20 is cheap considering the alternative.

Top Bottom