• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Shove the gun in the kid's stroller...they'll never check.

**note the purple...do NOT do this**

Scary thing is that it's the truth. My wife and I had to go to a courthouse a few years ago with our daughter in a carrier. It was cold out so she was completely covered up. The LEO didn't even peek under the blanket. My wife said we could of had 10lbs of explosives instead of 10lbs of baby in there and they would of never known.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    call me crazy, but do you really need these items in lucas oil. its not the super dome. I know no has crystal ball and cannot predict the future. I think its a place thats safe environment?

How do you know when evil will come knocking? Think you're safe in the mall? In a library? In a sporting event?

Better to be prepared and not need it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Ok, quick AAR on Lucas Oil.

Before I got to the stadium, I took my knife and put it in one of the deeper side pockets of my carpenter style jeans. Got in line and watched the goings on of the 'pat down'. Well, it wasn't much. Each line had 1 person doing a pat down that was pretty poor IMO. You stood with your arms out (ala crusifiction) and they patted under your arms down to your waste. That was it. The kid that did mine barely even touched me, maybe hit my actual sides 2 times. I could have left the knife anywhere, even round my neck. I could have had my normal CC pistol, and would have been fine. An ankle holster would have been no issue. The only thing they did was have my wife open her purse (which she did ask me before hand "Hey, you didn't put a knife or anything in there did you? lol). That was a joke as well. After it was over my wife even said 'you could have put your gun in my purse and they wouldn't have seen it.'.

So take that for what its worth. The game was great! :)

+1 I carried my Ruger LCP in my front right jeans pocket and it was not noticed. The Event Staff who patted me down did an outstanding job if I was carrying in a holster on my belt or a shoulder holster as he most certainly felt in those places; however, he didn't even touch or look at my front pant pockets.

Top Bottom