• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    they said pat downs in the news article. it was also quoted from one the the higher ups from the stadium or nfl that "you can refuse the pat down but we can also refuse to allow admittance."

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Refuse my admittance? Wow. How are they going to feel when a woman claims harassment? How about when someone claims that their wallet was lifted during the patdown?

Something stinks.

Good luck to everyone who goes.

Moses

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Farmersburg, In.
    how's the NFL gonna feel when people stop going to the games. money talks. the problem is people would still go to the game even if they said they were going to shoot every 5th person that came through the gate.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Sounds like time to deploy the Smart carry. I don't have one, but I improvised with a passport pouch and a pocket gun when I went to The Lawn at White River State Park. The TSA wannabee's asked patrons to empty their pockets(I don't thinks anybody actually did) and did a back of the hand patdown of each hip. No guns there;)

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Waste up and knees down. Sounds like a pocket holster would work ok (if they dont actually pat your pockets)
    smart carry would be a good idea too. I have also seen holsters that go around the neck and hang like a knife would. If the gun was small enough and your shirt/jersey was baggy enough I bet you could still get a piece in there.

Edit: Anyone remember that holster attached to a cell phone case? I can't think of the name of it, but that sounds like it would work too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Dear NFL,

Thanks, but no thanks. Why on earth would I want to submit to MORE intrusion? I'll stay at home, where I can change channels when the game sucks.

Why don't you go pat yourselves.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Dear NFL,

Thanks, but no thanks. Why on earth would I want to submit to MORE intrusion? I'll stay at home, where I can change channels when the game sucks.

Why don't you go pat yourselves.

Amen to that! There is no chance they are going to get my money with stupid policies like these!

Mark

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The last time I went to a Bull's game they were doing that about every 20 people, and that was like 5 years ago. For everyone one else it was lift your shirt to your waist line, and your pants past your ankle.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    When I first heard of the extra security and pat-downs, I thought the NFL was worried of a terrorist attack. A stadium full of people would be a prime target and with the right weapon, they could kill more people than 9/11.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    When I first heard of the extra security and pat-downs, I thought the NFL was worried of a terrorist attack. A stadium full of people would be a prime target and with the right weapon, they could kill more people than 9/11.

Yes you could kill lots of People, but killing lots of People is not the goal in a Terror attack...

Twiggsx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Indy
    I heard it ws due to someone bringing a stun gun the the game in NY last Sunday, i think , a fight broke out amoung the fans and the guy used his stun gun in the fight so now the new rule

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I heard it ws due to someone bringing a stun gun the the game in NY last Sunday, i think , a fight broke out amoung the fans and the guy used his stun gun in the fight so now the new rule

Yeah.. That was in the OP... :dunno:

...having that much trouble coming up with 50 quality posts? :stickpoke:

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I hope this doesn't become the standard for all events. We go to the Indy Supercross every year, it would suck to have to miss that b/c of some jerkwad in NYC. Not that I carry there anyways but more patdowns, at least buy me a hotdog afterward.

Top Bottom