• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The last time I went to a Bull's game they were doing that about every 20 people, and that was like 5 years ago. For everyone one else it was lift your shirt to your waist line, and your pants past your ankle.

Fairly soon isn't going to be "lift your pants past your ankle" it is going to be "drop your pants to your ankles" if we keep going down this slope I'm afraid.

thumbnail.aspx

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ahhh, private organizations putting rules on publicly taxpayer-funded arenas that force you to waive your rights.

No thanks, NFL. You respect my rights, and I'll give you my money.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Jeremy
    I don't mean to be obtuse here, but if killing a lot of people is not the goal of a terror attack, what is?
    Common opinion might say creating the most carnage, overwhelming emergency services, and making the populace feel they are not safe anywhere are the goals of an attack.
    We've seen the emergence of the two and even three stage attack where terrorists shoot up a cafe or set off an explosive device to bring in police and rescue personnel, as well as gawkers, and then detonate a very large device at the same location. Alternatively, they'll create a series of disturbances/detonations intended to herd people down several streets into a common square or choke point and then unleash a devastating anti-personnel (read nails and ballbearings) device when the maximum amount of people are in the kill radius.
    This tactics would seem to evidence a desire to kill the most people possible. What say you?

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Jeremy
    I don't mean to be obtuse here, but if killing a lot of people is not the goal of a terror attack, what is?
    Common opinion might say creating the most carnage, overwhelming emergency services, and making the populace feel they are not safe anywhere are the goals of an attack.
    We've seen the emergence of the two and even three stage attack where terrorists shoot up a cafe or set off an explosive device to bring in police and rescue personnel, as well as gawkers, and then detonate a very large device at the same location. Alternatively, they'll create a series of disturbances/detonations intended to herd people down several streets into a common square or choke point and then unleash a devastating anti-personnel (read nails and ballbearings) device when the maximum amount of people are in the kill radius.
    This tactics would seem to evidence a desire to kill the most people possible. What say you?

Not trying to step on Jeremy's toes here, but IMO, the object if a terror attack is to cause TERROR. Mass hysteria, panic, fear, etc.
    Think about it, say they kill 5000, that's terrible and we read about it on the news and it's a huge cleanup... (Really NOT trying to downplay it, bear with me)

But in todays day and age, think about WOUNDING 5000 or 10000 people. You've got 5-10k people stumbling around, panicking, texting everyone they can think of, trying to make calls because they can't think straight. Getting ahold of friends and family and spreading the word PERSONALLY, causing MORE people to rush to the scene causing chaos and confusion... Snarling traffic, cell networks, data networks, Emergency responders in gridlock, trying to figure out how and WHERE to transport that many wounded. Then you've got ambulatory or walking wounded, or just plain good samaritans attempting to help, getting in the way (there's nothing wrong with giving help or aid, but there is a difference between helping and hindering, and some people don't know the difference).

That's just what comes to mind off the top of my head after the 5th day in a 6 day stretch of 10+ hour shifts...

I apoligize if this was :hijack:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy

Killing lots of Persons is Bonus to them, not the reason for the Targeting, here in the US. The Targets are chosen for a Reason to inflict Mayhem. Generally speaking of Course...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    After seeing those thugs going at it out in Kali in the stands, no way I would go unarmed. I don't trust the NFL to protect me. So I guess I will watch on TV.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Until people finally say "enough!" and stop giving up our fourth amendment rights, the government will continue to push and push and push.... Will people stand up? One weekend of half-filled stadiums and this policy would change.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Until people finally say "enough!" and stop giving up our fourth amendment rights, the government will continue to push and push and push.... Will people stand up? One weekend of half-filled stadiums and this policy would change.

Never gonna happen. Heck the Bengals play to half filled stadiums and they can't even get the owners attention much less the league.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    but you have to remember for the colts there is a waiting list for season tickets so the stadium is sold out every home game before the season ever starts.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Ahhh, private organizations putting rules on publicly taxpayer-funded arenas that force you to waive your rights.

No thanks, NFL. You respect my rights, and I'll give you my money.

as long as they don't write rubber checks to lease the building, afaic they are free to refuse service to anyone for any reason they so desire at any time, that is THEIR right.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So...when the Packer get to the Super Bowl at Lucas Stadium, I can't carry my P-11...or my knife? maybe time to buy this;
    Blackie Collins CIA Knife w/ Plain Blade - Black Tactical

I don't know how true it is, but i read somewhere that the stadium the Superbowl is played at becomes a federally protected building because of the number of "important people" there. From what I read, everyone gets a full wand and patdown there anyway. I'll see if I can find it again.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So...when the Packer get to the Super Bowl at Lucas Stadium, I can't carry my P-11...or my knife? maybe time to buy this;
    Blackie Collins CIA Knife w/ Plain Blade - Black Tactical
    I have used, several variations on this theme. I have found that the "dart" type is more effective, at least for me anyway...
    I don't know how true it is, but i read somewhere that the stadium the Superbowl is played at becomes a federally protected building because of the number of "important people" there. From what I read, everyone gets a full wand and patdown there anyway. I'll see if I can find it again.
    Really?!
    I am interested in your answer...

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

It becomes a National Special Security Event

Top Bottom