• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My Jersey is a professional one... 90$ replica jersey, identical to the players' but with my name and number of my choice on it. :)

Not that I am one to judge what is ok or not, but I see nothing wrong with support for a TEAM, as your jersey is made. I am completely for backing of a team, but it is the love(or whatever you want to call it) of a particular player that has me puzzeled...

Either there is no one that has read this thread that wears these pro jerseys with the names of players on them or I've hit on something that has made them come to realize that what they are doing is questionable...not just by me.
    We have yet to get a response in defending this form of support. :scratch:

I like motor sports, particularly dirt bikes. I do not follow it to the point that I know who races in what class or anything like that, but I am amazed by certain riders, like Travis Pastrana. While watching a Super-Cross race, I'd root for him to win, but that is as far as I would take it. Couldn't see myself wearing a jersey with his name on it or even following his stats, as how many points he has for the season or whatever else you could track. :popcorn:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Not that I am one to judge what is ok or not, but I see nothing wrong with support for a TEAM, as your jersey is made. I am completely for backing of a team, but it is the love(or whatever you want to call it) of a particular player that has me puzzeled...

Either there is no one that has read this thread that wears these pro jerseys with the names of players on them or I've hit on something that has made them come to realize that what they are doing is questionable...not just by me.
    We have yet to get a response in defending this form of support. :scratch:

I like motor sports, particularly dirt bikes. I do not follow it to the point that I know who races in what class or anything like that, but I am amazed by certain riders, like Travis Pastrana. While watching a Super-Cross race, I'd root for him to win, but that is as far as I would take it. Couldn't see myself wearing a jersey with his name on it or even following his stats, as how many points he has for the season or whatever else you could track. :popcorn:
    I happen to have several Colt's Jersey's and none of them have my name on them.

I have a Manning, Addai, and Harrison. Depending on what I feel like wearing I will wear one of them or a colts Jacket.

I really don't see the point that trying to be made about why a man would wear another mans jersey.

ATF Consumer, you put another mans quote in your sig. but you wouldnt wear something that has someone elses name one it? That doesnt really make sense. Just because someone wears a jersey does not mean that they want to have gay love with that man, it simply means you support them.

And while you may like Travis Pastrana, I would say you arent that great of a fan if you don't know his points, stats, etc.

just my :twocents:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I happen to have several Colt's Jersey's and none of them have my name on them.

I have a Manning, Addai, and Harrison. Depending on what I feel like wearing I will wear one of them or a colts Jacket.

I really don't see the point that trying to be made about why a man would wear another mans jersey.

ATF Consumer, you put another mans quote in your sig. but you wouldnt wear something that has someone elses name one it? That doesnt really make sense. Just because someone wears a jersey does not mean that they want to have gay love with that man, it simply means you support them.

And while you may like Travis Pastrana, I would say you arent that great of a fan if you don't know his points, stats, etc.

just my :twocents:

Fair enough and and thanks for giving me your reason, as no one else has done so.
    Using a quote from someone else is considerably different than having a man's name on a jersey that you wear around...IMO. I admire the man who said it, but wouldn't wear Charlton's name on my back.
    As I said before, I can see why children would do so, it gives them someone to look up to, someone to admire as a mentor so to speak.
    My thoughts are that if you are a grown man, a sports player is no better than you are or even someone to look up to, other than the fact that they are great athletes. It still doesn't make me want to show my admiration by sporting around in their jersey, but that is just me.

At least you did reply and defend your position and I admire that.:)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Perhaps no one else has replied in defense because this isn't an issue worth picking a stupid fight over?

Just a thought...
    I hardly see this as trying to pick a fight.
    I made an observation that I didn't quite get, as I explained why I didn't get it and I am looking for people's reasons why they do so.

If someone cannot ask a question without being accused of picking a fight, well that sounds like that is coming from the same group that wants to enforce political correctness.:twocents:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Fair enough and and thanks for giving me your reason, as no one else has done so.
    Using a quote from someone else is considerably different than having a man's name on a jersey that you wear around...IMO. I admire the man who said it, but wouldn't wear Charlton's name on my back.
    As I said before, I can see why children would do so, it gives them someone to look up to, someone to admire as a mentor so to speak.
    My thoughts are that if you are a grown man, a sports player is no better than you are or even someone to look up to, other than the fact that they are great athletes. It still doesn't make me want to show my admiration by sporting around in their jersey, but that is just me.

At least you did reply and defend your position and I admire that.:)

First, you are welcome for the response.

Second, I see the quote as being similar, by wearing or by having something with someone's name on it, or by displaying your approval of someone.

Third, I think this world would be a better place if more adults had role models to look up to instead of thinking thats for kids.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Go Eagles!
    BLAM-1.jpg

I'm originally from Philly and the Birds are a source of civic pride when they win, and a source of civic bonding when they lose. McNaab is my favorite player because he's the team's emotional leader and he's fun to watch and I support him as a player and a person both for his athleticism, poise and grace in the media. By wearing the Jersey I show that I value those things.

By shooting at Dons I show that I don't value my own safety and I'm too lazy to drive to Atterbury.

No way would I carry at a colts game, but leaving the dome all by myself after the Colts whooped the Birds last year I had a few moments on the way back down capitol ave to the car where I wished I had!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I haven't worn a team jersey since Bart Starr was quarterback of the Packers...

I was at the Lucas Oil for the Indiana/Gonzaga & ND/OSU games. They were playing an announcement about no weapons but I was not searched, patted down, metal detected or otherwise checked in any way. I wasn't carrying as I assumed it would be a no/no and I didn't want to leave a sidearm in a vehicle in downtown Indy.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Ive carried at the last 3 supercross events no problem getting in :dunno: As far as why people wear players jersey's well Id say its because they want to and they can ( free country :D ) although I dont and prob. never will lol.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Ive carried at the last 3 supercross events no problem getting in :dunno: As far as why people wear players jersey's well Id say its because they want to and they can ( free country :D ) although I dont and prob. never will lol.

I agree, It was just something I could never see myself doing and I guess it is a question like..."why do you wear that comb-over, when it looks really stupid...why not just shave your head and accept the fact that you're going bald." :D
    To each his own, I guess. :)

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Now can they try and detain you if you try to carry a hand gun inside I have herd storys from Lucas Oil Stadium about muggings ive been to victory field and never carred but im taking my p3at with me any experiences there i believe they only check bags never paid alot of attention dont think they have medal detectors

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Now can they try and detain you if you try to carry a hand gun inside I have herd storys from Lucas Oil Stadium about muggings ive been to victory field and never carred but im taking my p3at with me any experiences there i believe they only check bags never paid alot of attention dont think they have medal detectors

All they can do is tell you that you can not enter... if you get argumentative and try to enter after that they can get you for trespassing and turn you over to law-enforcement.

Top Bottom