• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    i thought i would give ludco guns in parker city and fred another chance at giveing me a some what fair trade and yet again he trys to totally screw me. i was going to trade in my sig 220 with night sites and 2 factory mags for a used S&W 99 with 2 mags and box the price was like 350 ish if that and he said that he would need another 200 in cash for the sig. i was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!! he also tried to give me a few lines of **** like they dont sell well but i know for a fact that he has given 500 in a trade on a friends with the same stuff and same condishion and all 3 that he has had in used go with in a week. and as for things not selling well that 99 had been in the case since b4 june. so needless to say i was not happy and ended up leaveing.

so other than this deal he normally acts like its rediclous that he has to help ppl most of the time. no matter how often your in or what or how often you buy. but sadly hes one of the few around here and the only one with that kinda stock. (i mean come one over 1500 guns at all times) and hell he still hasnt sent the guy i work with and took in there his extra mag that was suposed to come with his brand new $700 sig pro .40 cal and that was over 2 or 3 months ago.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Wait a second, here..

Is this what he was saying??

SW 99 = Sig 220 w/NS + 200??

Now, my math ain't so good, but..

350 = X + 200, Thus..
    350-200 = X, Thus..
    X=150??

The guy is saying that your Sig is only worth $150??

Heck, I'll give you $200!!

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    yea he was trying to say with out lookin at any thing or doing any thing that my sig was worth 200 less than his smith and thats total ****. and he was trying to say that the night sites on my sig are dead and they are still very bright. sadly fred will try to rip you off badly on any trade you try to do. but some of his prices are really good others are way high but you really have to do your home work to know what price is what.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I second that Fred at Ludco gun shop in Parker City is an *******.
    I have purchased various things from him, a couple handguns, traded a few handguns to get other handguns, bought mags, cleaning supplies, ammunition, ect ect.
    In yet he treats me like I am a pain in the ass each time i come in just because he is that lazy. If it wasn't for his stock and all i would never set foot in there. Though I am sure that is why most people go in there in the first place.
    Not to mention if you ask to see something, he puts on this look like it's such a big deal to get up and get the gun you would like to see, he also knows jack **** about the guns. For example: I inquired if it was true that Ruger ceased production of the P89 series upon hearing about it on some of the gun forums, his response was a sarcastic "beats me" and yes, when you take something in to trade, he dosen't even look up values in a blue book...he just looks at your gun for a second and blows a random low number out of his ass. Unless you are willing to spend the money or he has something you want that you can't find anywhere else. My advice is....AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have no patience for shops like this and they give all the reputable shops in Indiana a bad name.I heard guys on other forums complaining about this gentleman.I do believe he is so wrapped up in his inventory that he quit caring about customers.Damn shame too as he has lots of stuff.On the other hand...his once or twice a year auctions kick ass! That my fellow Hoosiers,is a gravytrain for buyers! Be on the lookout for them and lowball 'em!! Fight low buck$ against his bad 'tude...

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Wow! I cannot remember how many years its been since I last visited Ludco but I can echo the sentiments of some of the others. He pretty much acted like I was taking up his time by asking to look at a gun - this kind of rude behaviour ,it seems, is his way of doing business. I just wonder how he manages to stay in business?

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    a friend of mine went in there and bought a new ruger p95. took it home put 2 mags through it. hated the thing. went back the next day to trade it for something else and the guy gave him 1/3 what he had paid the day before. he took a good screwing, but loves his little tarus 357 7shot snub. that he got. i refuse to deal with them anymore. hes just rude to anybody that walks in the door.

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    Growing up in the Winchester area, I have been to Ludco's a few times. The prices were always up there and no body really is willing to help. I have never bought from there and probably won't.

Visionr40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Quit going in several years ago. Last time in he was giving a hunter incorrect information about the need for a hunting license. When I tried to help, he was an ass about it. Don't understand how he is still in business.

Fordmadman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    New Castle
    I went in there to buy a set of grips for my rg 38s and he swore up and down the ones I had didn't fit my gun but when I picked out the set that was exactly like mine he refused to sale them to me.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I went in there to buy a set of grips for my rg 38s and he swore up and down the ones I had didn't fit my gun but when I picked out the set that was exactly like mine he refused to sale them to me.

Thats even more stupid...why would he do that? Just to prove he isn't "wrong"? Even though he was....and also he just took a hit at not making a sale.... >_> But that reminds me of a story I was told awhile back.

I was told this, by a guy i buy ammo and cleaning supplies from in Hartford, who told me....
    That these two guys bought a couple of muzzle loaders from him and went to Ludco's to buy black powder because Ludco didn't sell the guns but had the powder... well they got there and were in the process of buying it when Fred asked where they got their rifles.... and they said "Ricochet's". Well I was told what happened next was Fred looked right at them and told them to get the F**k out. They then kind of just stared and was like "what...?" He replied with "you heard me get the F**k out, go back to Hartford where you belong. Then I guess one of the guys tried to say something about how he always buys from Ludco and that he didn't have the gun he wanted and Ricochet's did, but Fred just replied with " I don't care, get the hell out" So yeah they left and came back to Ricochet's and I was told what happened next was they told Rick about what had happened and said how they would never go back to Ludco's again.

It just seems strange to me why someone would be that much of an ******* and a prick, because someone didn't buy all their stuff from his store, not to mention it just seems like he's screwing over his own business in the long run. f****** prick.:ranton:

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    When the S&W M&P15Ts first came out I looked everywhere for one. After two weeks of Gander Mtn screwing me around, I finally found one at BigSkyGuns.com for $1325. I was looking for a FFL to ship it to so I called Fred. He was $25 or $35 for the transfer while he had me on the phone he asked what I was looking for. I told him and he replied "I have one here". So I drove down to see it and tried not to act too sold on, it even though it was hard not to drool.
    He wanted $1450 for it. So I look at some other things and try not to act too interested. Finally he asked me what I had found it for and I told him. He sold me the one he had for $1300. I also bought 1000 rounds of 62grain wolf (bad mistake), but it was only $162. So for me it was an ok transaction. I have been back a couple of other times and Fred wasn't there and the guys were helpful.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've been there a few times and bought a few guns from them in the past few months. I did pay a bit much on the SKS I bought there, but it looks real nice and shoots good so I dn't care. I just didn't know that the next week Dunhams was gonna have them on sale, lol. But my latest purchases from them were both great. I got a German K98 mauser with waffenacht marks, in excellent condition. The wood is beautiful, the bluing good, and looks to be possibly unfired with numbers matching. For $150. And I also bought a commercial Mauser actioned 30-06 with redfield scope, rings, bases for $295. I had been looking for a nice 30-06 and when i saw that one i was thought it'd be a good one. In real good shape too, and a great shooter. One of the guys there I have noticed is an *******. But the others are the ones I've dealt with more, and they have all been real good to me and treated me fair. I have no probs with them at all.

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    I've been in there a couple of times since the start of the new year. Fred wasn't there either time. The hired hands were helpful and waited on me as well as any other other shop, if not better. I am very pleased with my recent purchase from them.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've lived within a few miles of parker for years, and yup, Fred's an ass.
    His smith, though, (If it's still the same guy, been awhile) is a pretty good and knowledgable guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom