• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I purchased my Taurus pistol from them. No problems at all, but I did not deal with Fred. His employee was very nice and helpful. I have had close friends that HAVE had issues dealing with Fred before, though.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I bought a pistol from him. However, I will not return there ever again after the last couple of dealings and the rudeness from just asking to see something.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I bought a pistol from him. However, I will not return there ever again after the last couple of dealings and the rudeness from just asking to see something.

Check out Bradis guns. I left a review on them if you want to look up my posts. You won't get that attitude from anyone at Bradis (maybe one person). But it's a great place to browse/purchase.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Freddy has not always been that way. I can only guess he's gotten a bit jaded from dealing with the general public(/a lot of idiots) over the years.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Freddy has not always been that way. I can only guess he's gotten a bit jaded from dealing with the general public(/a lot of idiots) over the years.

That's the business though. It's a customer service job, you're not always going to have experts walk in and know what they want and why they want it (for logical reasons such as caliber, model, capacity). But I agree it does take a toll on you when you deal with ignorant people.

On a side note, I called up there recently to check on inventory on a 500 and he was EXTREMELY short with me and didn't act like he did for his TV ad at all. But then again neither does Don's guns. :D :chillout:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's the business though. It's a customer service job, you're not always going to have experts walk in and know what they want and why they want it (for logical reasons such as caliber, model, capacity). But I agree it does take a toll on you when you deal with ignorant people.

On a side note, I called up there recently to check on inventory on a 500 and he was EXTREMELY short with me and didn't act like he did for his TV ad at all. But then again neither does Don's guns. :D :chillout:
    I'm not really apologizing for him, just a little disheartened for an old friend from my original stomping grounds.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I will not return there ever again after the last couple of dealings and the rudeness from just asking to see something.

That is what I immediately noticed too the last time I was there and it was many years ago. I did buy a pound of 231 from him once , the price was $13.95 so that tells you that was many moons ago! There are a lot nicer folks to deal with and those are the ones who get my business.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Sounds like he might be related to the guys that own the Firing Pin in NIles MI they just look at you when you walk in with that What the F*** do you want and thy know everything you no nothing so dont ask a question you will be sorry you did, It does make you wonder how they stay open.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, I went to ludco once and Fred was an ahole. I stick to my guy in Portland, IN. There stock is great, but you can't see half of them b/c they are stacked on top of each other and the prices are borderline ridiculous. The other help was nice. I asked about shipping an AR lower that I had and Fred was a jerk about it and was going to charge me $60 just to ship it naming bogus shipping charges.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Portland

Hey, that's right. Both of those shops in portland have pretty nice guys running them. Hummel's Sporting Goods, and Loblolly gun shop. Hummel's is just a little hole in the wall place but the old guy is ALWAYS a gentleman and has pretty good prices. He does get some interesting pieces in, too. He also has lots of odds and ends, calls, ammo, fishing gear, etc. :yesway: Loblolly has a little bigger selection, and usually pretty good prices, it's the place where "the usual suspects" hang out. Good ol boys. I make it a point to stop in both shops whenever I pass through portland. both are on the main drag, 27.:yesway:

Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Ludco

I called Ludco yesterday and said "Do you have any midlength AR-15s in stock." Gentlemen on the other end of the phone kindly replied "I have never heard of the manufacturer midlength, but we have Bushmaster and other brands." I attemted to explain what a midlength AR-15 was, but it was of no use. He just could not understand...:dunno:

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    haha yeah he does the same to me when i used to call him about stuff. he would be short tempered and keep his answers really really really short :D lol

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    Wow was just there. This is the dumbest thing i have ever seen. now to get one box of hand gun ammo you must buy a hand gun and you can only get one box and he has raised his prices by $50+ on almost every gun there. and to top it off 40+ for 100 rounds of 9mm give me a break.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah that is pretty damn crazy. Obama scare or no scare, sometimes i feel like people are taking advantage of it. o_O

Top Bottom