• Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Here's my letter to him...

Sen. Lugar...

I simply cannot understand your opposition to National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act.

It changes absolutely nothing about the out-of-state visitors who can now legally carry a handgun in Indiana but it opens up a vast amount of benefits for visitors from Indiana into other states.

It is all benefit and no harm at all to Indiana, its residents or its laws. There is no logical way you can defend a vote against the bill and that is why it is frustrating to see you take your hardline stance.

Your vote on this issue will be remembered. Please do not choose to abandon your Indiana state again.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The real question on this law is whether the power should rest with the State or with the Federal Government. If you are for States rights, you would have to side with Lugar.

No, the question is whether you believe in the Constitution or not.

The 14th Amendment incorporates the Bill of Rights and applies them to the States. That includes the 2nd.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Seems every state has their DICK. We have Durbin (Mr. Inside Trader) And You have Luger.

Get a mile out of most cities here and Durbin doesn't get a vote. We sit out here in the country with 10 people per square mile. A LITTLE apartment building in town, full of renters who live on top of each other more than offsets the vote out here in this square mile.

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe....Thomas Jefferson"
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff109181.html

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Sen. Lugar...

I simply cannot understand your opposition to National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act.

It changes absolutely nothing about the out-of-state visitors who can now legally carry a handgun in Indiana but it opens up a vast amount of benefits for visitors from Indiana into other states.

It is all benefit and no harm at all to Indiana, its residents or its laws. There is no logical way you can defend a vote against the bill and that is why it is frustrating to see you take your hardline stance.

Your vote on this issue will be remembered. Please do not choose to abandon your Indiana state again.

Good for you! Expect a form letter in the mail soon. Oh, and by the way, it won't define his position. I have stacks of them:D.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Good for you! Expect a form letter in the mail soon. Oh, and by the way, it won't define his position. I have stacks of them:D.

very true, I started writing ol' time to go Dick when I first moved to IN 10 years ago, since the last election my last paragraph has always been I hope you enjoy your final term sticking it to the people that foolishly elected. Always seem to get the same generic letter back.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

Sen. Lugar...

i think we should use his contat page

link here U.S. Senator Dick Lugar

and relay the message

i think ol dick has went nuts
    :nuts:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    in a letter his office wrote to me, Dick stated in part..."I support the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting and defensive purposes, and I support Indiana law related to the purchase and ownership of firearms. Indiana's Constitution provides both a liberty and a property right to bear firearms, which is stronger Second Amendment protection than the residents of many other states enjoy. As legislation affecting these rights comes before the Senate for consideration, I will examine it carefully with your thoughts in mind."

....Whatever Dick!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who bolted from the GOP in 2007 to become an independent, will be hosting a fundraiser at his upscale Manhattan residence for Senator Dick Lugar on December 5th. The price to "Chair" the event is $10,000.

Mayor Bloomberg and Senator Lugar share many political beliefs that are to the left of most Indiana Republicans. Both of them are strong advocates of gun control. Dick Lugar has repeatedly earned a "D+" from the National Rifle Association and an "F" from the Gun Owners of America, and Michael Bloomberg provided $3 million in seed money for an anti-gun group misleadingly called Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

Bloomberg Fundraiser in Manhattan Latest Example of Lugar Soliciting Support from Liberal Politicians, Says Hoosiers for Richard Mourdock, Inc. - MarketWatch

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    More of this from Gun Owners of America

Anti-gun Republicans Raising Funds in NYC
    Indiana's Dick Lugar to sip cocktails with Michael Bloomberg

Birds of a feather sure do flock together.

So it’s no surprise that the country’s most anti-gun Republican mayor, Michael Bloomberg, invited the U.S. Senate’s most anti-gun Republican member up to his New York City residence for cocktails and a fund raiser next Monday.

Senator Dick Lugar of Indiana never met a gun control bill he didn’t like, and his F-rating from GOA is well-deserved.

Bloomberg, of course, founded the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Bloomberg, conveniently, thinks virtually all guns should be illegal. So MAIG is simply yet another gun prohibition organization.

While Bloomberg and Lugar may get along fine, his Republican primary opponent, Richard Moudock, is reaching out to gun owners throughout the state.

The Indiana Republican primary for senate is one of the most important races in the country for gun owners, and we don’t have to wait around for November to hand the anti-gunners a massive defeat.

The May 8th primary features two candidates who are diametrically opposed on the Second Amendment:

• Dick Lugar does not agree that the Second Amendment protects an individual right.
    • Richard Mourdock believes the message of the Second Amendment is clear: “shall not be infringed” is a restriction on federal power to regulate gun ownership.
    • Dick Lugar doesn’t trust the people with firearms, so he supports banning semi-automatic rifles that he erroneously calls “assault weapons.”
    • Richard Mourdock understands that gun bans don’t stop criminals, but only hamper the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves.
    • Dick Lugar believes you should submit to a waiting period before you purchase a handgun, hence “enjoying” a little time to “cool off.”
    • Richard Mourdock believes that it’s the Congress that should “cool off” and stop passing bill after bill that ignores the Constitution.
    • Perhaps worst of all, Dick Luger supports UN efforts to pass the small arms treaty, a treaty that could impact every gun owner in America. Dick Lugar was the ONLY Republican Senator NOT to come out in opposition to the treaty.
    • Richard Mourdock will never vote to hand over any authority to the UN.

This Senate election is particularly important in the event that Barack Obama manages to win another term. If Obama is reelected, Dick Lugar means one more vote for anti-gun Supreme Court justices, the small arms treaty and other anti-gun legislation.

The choice for Senator could not be more clear.

Make no mistake, however, Dick Lugar will be hard to beat. He’ll have almost unlimited money pouring in from the party establishment in Washington, and he’ll be calling in favors everywhere.

But Lugar can be defeated with the help of tens of thousands of gun owners and sportsmen from across the country.

Richard Mourdock, currently the State Treasurer of Indiana, is virtually tied with Lugar in the polls. This is our chance to defeat a politician who has been a thorn in the side of gun owners for more than three decades.

So please visit Richard Mourdock on the web at http://www.richardmourdock.com and chip in a few bucks to help his campaign. Lugar is spending millions of dollars, so please do all you can to help the Mourdock campaign go toe-to-toe with Lugar.

We don’t have to wait until next November to start beating the anti-gunners. Please help to get things rolling in Indiana today!

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
    Vice Chairman

P.S. Dick Lugar has been voting against gun rights for more than 30 years. His opponent, Richard Mourdock earned the support of GOA-PVF for his strong stance for your gun rights. Please visit Richard online today to make a financial contribution.

Top Bottom