• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Anyone have an experience with one of these?

We shot one last night at Pop Guns, and it's a pretty nice 22,, adjustable and light weight as well.

swrifle1.gif

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I love mine. Eats everything but Remington. The Remington .22LR must have really hard primers, but CCI and Winchester ammo feeds 100 percent. Very fun and cheap alternative to a 5.56 AR rifle.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    May I also reccomend this, if you are looking for a high capacity .22.

It's a Kel-Tec SU22. Comes with a 27 round mag. They also now make ten round mags, and you can fit two in the stock. The first pic is the weapon out of the box. Second is with the added accessories, B.S.A. 40mm red dot $50, collapsible vertical grip $20, and flash hider (for looks) $8.00. Just a consideration, I paid $390 out the door, and the cheapest 15-22 I have seen around my area is $499. It has fired every ammo I have put through it. Except Remington Golden Bullet. This round, has caused a lot of problems in a lot of semi auto rifles from what I have read. Also CCI likes to put a lot of wax on their rounds. The wax causes the mag follower to gum up. Sometimes, you can find some without a ton of wax or you can clean it off.

KEL-TECVO694.jpg

001-10.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The M&P-15/22 makes a LOT more sense to me than the Colt/Umarex mutt. I like the fact that real AR stock bodies, pistol grips and trigger groups will fit without modification. I'm not wild about the all-plastic construction, specifically the upper and the molded-in receiver extension, but I'm not aware of widespread reports of structural issues, either. Pat Rogers has been abusing a couple of them in his classes and has given them good marks. I still have no desire to own one.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Just a consideration, I paid $390 out the door, and the cheapest 15-22 I have seen around my area is $499.

I got mine from Bob at PSS for $430 OTD at the 1500, and around the Indy area I have seen them for very close to $400 w/out tax. Keep in mind that factory 26 rd Kel-tec mags cost nearly double what factory SW MP15-22 26 rd mags cost. It also costs $130 bucks to add an AR type collapsable stock to the Keltec.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    My son wants a 22 rifle and honestly, the Ruger 10/22 does not do anything for me, but these tactical version get me excited about buying one.

I liek the fact that it is light weight and has an adjustable stock because the gun can "grow" with my son, as he grows. But I am open to suggestions:ingo:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Do you have an AR? Just buy a CMMG conversion (.22lr) kit for it and mags. You now have 2 rifles in one! Works for me. Plus, you don't have to change scope settings on the AR to shoot .22lr out of it. Just a thought.

I have found that I love to shoot .22lr just as much as anything lately.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Do you have an AR? Just buy a CMMG conversion (.22lr) kit for it and mags. You now have 2 rifles in one! Works for me. Plus, you don't have to change scope settings on the AR to shoot .22lr out of it. Just a thought.

I have found that I love to shoot .22lr just as much as anything lately.

No but I like the way you think!

A buddy of mine has 3 and he wants me to buy one, what does the conversion cost?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    No but I like the way you think!

A buddy of mine has 3 and he wants me to buy one, what does the conversion cost?

Here is a sale for $180, if you spend $200 on this site you get free shipping. To me, it's an excuse to get a couple more CMMG mags with the kit!

CMMG drop in .22 conversion kit

I've spent too much money on that site. Always a right order, always the best prices. SOMETIMES, Aimsurplus has a little better prices on ammo... sometimes.

Buy a complete AR and this kit. You now have two rifles. You can pimp out the AR and use the same scope settings, sight settings for the .22lr out to about about 70 ish yards (depending on variables) dead on. The rounds travel about the same.

Esrice on this site has a CMMG kit review in the rifle thread I think on it.
    Heck, you could shoot mine if you are close enough to drive and meet me at the range. :dunno:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    If you're willing to spend $$$ for a 'real' AR get it and the conversion for 22lr. Yes it will be twice as expensive BUT you will be able to shoot 223 and 22lr and have a real AR.

I am not (or at least not yet) convinced of these 22lr AR clones

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Are barrels now threaded on these? The early pics and specs did not show anything attached to the muzzle, now it appears as though there is a fake suppressor.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got mine from Bob at PSS for $430 OTD at the 1500, and around the Indy area I have seen them for very close to $400 w/out tax. Keep in mind that factory 26 rd Kel-tec mags cost nearly double what factory SW MP15-22 26 rd mags cost. It also costs $130 bucks to add an AR type collapsable stock to the Keltec.

I was just trying to give options. Personaly I like the fact you can fit, extra mags in the stock. Also I do not care about having, a colapsable stock. So the 15-22 mags are around $15? Because the Kel-Tec mags can be had for $30. Not bad for a high cap mag.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I just bought an M&P 15-22 last week. Walked into the local shop to kill some time. Walked out with the 15-22 and a new Buckmark. I've put about 500 rounds through it so far with no problems. It's a fun little gun.

I bought an extra mag for the 15-22 for $19.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Gonna get one of these for my son's birthday in March, my wife said that she would shoot a .22 rifle or pistol but no 9mm or .40, .45 pistols,,,,

so this will serve three purposes, the son and wife can shoot it and I can play too! :D;)

A Fore Grip and a Red Dot will trick it out,,,,,it was pointed out to me that the 15-22 now come with threaded barrels which I prefer,,, thanks:ingo:

then I can begin to save and shop for my August birthday,, AR style! :ar15:

If anyone sees a good deal before March 12th, drop me a PM

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are barrels now threaded on these? The early pics and specs did not show anything attached to the muzzle, now it appears as though there is a fake suppressor.

The new M&P-15/22s have a 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle with a real (not fake) A2 flash hider. I believe S&W still manufactures the naked-muzzle version for states still suffering under an "assault weapons" ban.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The new M&P-15/22s have a 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle with a real (not fake) A2 flash hider. I believe S&W still manufactures the naked-muzzle version for states still suffering under an "assault weapons" ban.

Spasmo's birthday isn't until November, but I may have to get her a early present. :D

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

So I have the one with a flash hider I purchased from Bradis not too long ago.

I asked and he wasn't sure but said he didn't think it was threaded. Is this threaded under the flash hider? (ie. can I take it off and add a suppressor if I decide to go that route?)

Top Bottom