• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    M&P Love? Not here. The last one I had was unreliable. But I’d be willing to give them another try.

I've had them with accuracy issues for sure, I meant in general. I carry a G19 daily and I think this new S&W is neat but it doesn't serve a purpose for me.

On my side, I seem to shoot the M&P a bit better. I'm assuming the ergonomics of the M&P are playing into that for me. I've shot and carried Glocks (including 19's for many years), but when I picked up the M&P, I just seemed to shoot it a bit better.

For someone purchasing a new one that has not been ingrained into the Glock platform , price point is also a consideration.

I agree that somebody new into the pistol market should try this and a G19 for sure and see what they shoot best!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've had them with accuracy issues for sure, I meant in general. I carry a G19 daily and I think this new S&W is neat but it doesn't serve a purpose for me.

I agree that somebody new into the pistol market should try this and a G19 for sure and see what they shoot best!

Yep, I was updating my post as you were replying. I'd encourage someone to try both and see what works for them. I'm not selling off my Glocks at this point, but did add an M&P 2.0 Compact to the mix, and picked up a holster for it, etc, and have been carrying it.

I still need to shoot a Gen 5 (have handled a few but have not shot one as yet) to see it in action.

The M&P 2.0 compact trigger has a much more noticeable reset than the M&P 9c I tried a few years ago and sold off (even after having a RAM put in it, I just couldn't get the reset I wanted).

I will say, I need to put them on a scale, but loaded the M&P 2.0 Compact seems like it weighs more than my loaded Gen 4 19. They have about the same weight on the manufacturer web sites, but I'm not sure I trust that.

If anyone who has owned a Glock has ever thought of stippling it, or really likes the Talon granulate (skid tape type grips), they should handle/shoot a Compact 2.0.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    M&P Love? Not here. The last one I had was unreliable. But I’d be willing to give them another try.

On my side, I seem to shoot the M&P a bit better. I'm assuming the ergonomics of the M&P are playing into that for me. I've shot and carried Glocks (including 19's for many years), but when I picked up the M&P, I just seemed to shoot it a bit better. That said, it was on steel plates and not shooting for groups on paper, but seemed to be scoring more hits, etc. I don't think it was necessarily substantially different.

I was going to pick up a Gen 5 (have some Gen 4's, a Gen 3, a couple of 43's, etc), but decided to give the nod to the M&P Compact 2.0.

I'd just encourage folks to try both and pick what works for them.

For someone purchasing a new one that has not been ingrained into the Glock platform , price point is also a consideration.

Yep, I was updating my post as you were replying. I'd encourage someone to try both and see what works for them. I'm not selling off my Glocks at this point, but did add an M&P 2.0 Compact to the mix, and picked up a holster for it, etc, and have been carrying it.

I still need to shoot a Gen 5 (have handled a few but have not shot one as yet) to see it in action.

The M&P 2.0 compact trigger has a much more noticeable reset than the M&P 9c I tried a few years ago and sold off (even after having a RAM put in it, I just couldn't get the reset I wanted).

I will say, I need to put them on a scale, but loaded the M&P 2.0 Compact seems like it weighs more than my loaded Gen 4 19. They have about the same weight on the manufacturer web sites, but I'm not sure I trust that.

If anyone who has owned a Glock has ever thought of stippling it, or really likes the Talon granulate (skid tape type grips), they should handle/shoot a Compact 2.0.

I have shot a gen 2 M&P although a full size, very aggressive stippling and I don't hate the grip angle. But I do love my Gen5 G19, and I enjoy my old Gen3 as well. The Gen5 is probably as close to perfection Glock has been for me, I love it!

Top Bottom