• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Yes I am an HK fan, daily carry is frequently M&Pc .45 with Apex DCAEK (spelling?). VP9SK will begin a higher rotation frequency after a couple more range trips. M&P Shield 45 stock trigger is pretty nice, no plans for upgrade, M&P Compact 2.0 is more gritty & carrot like than Shield. Will give it at least one more range session before deciding it's fate.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Intersted to see how you like Trigger after shooting, mine was sweet @ shop, kind of sucky @ range.

Got out Sunday evening and put about 100 rounds through it. The trigger was great during dry-fire and I liked it just as much while putting rounds down range. Shot some cheap 9mm Fed ball from Walmart with no issues, set the target around 8 yds and got an off hand group about .75 inch with POI right on. It's so interesting to me how subjective 'triggers' are! It's not surprising though as there really is no benchmark for comparison beyond the individuals experience and preference. No poly will ever be a 1911 so I don't worry about it too much, grip fit is more important to me with the poly's and this MP compact works really well for that. The M&P's do have some take up but it doesn't really bother me, the break on mine is very smooth and much better than any stock glock i've ever had and i've had them all. I think though that there can be some inconsistency among MP triggers whereas glocks are usually all equally average but consistent. I've pretty much owned every good poly there is aside from the PPQ and currently use a VP9 but the more compact size of this MP will replace it i'm sure. I'm anxious to run some good HP's through it and see what it can do.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Plan on running mine Friday, will put some HST 124gr HP down the pipe. I do like the size, hated the trigger, maybe I was just being picky that day.

Love the apex trigger in .45 Compact, that's the main thing keeping me hooked thus far.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Plan on running mine Friday, will put some HST 124gr HP down the pipe. I do like the size, hated the trigger, maybe I was just being picky that day.

Love the apex trigger in .45 Compact, that's the main thing keeping me hooked thus far.

Let us know, I picked up some HST's as well to try out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Has anyone come across any 2.0 Compact packages in the general Indy area that have night sights from the factory and the 3rd magazine? I see Top Shelf has that package for a great price and after I get a bit more shooting in with my 2.0 I may be looking to add a second. Problem is, Top Shelf is like 3 hours from me and while I like the idea of going down there, 6 hours in the car round trip isn't sounding like fun.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Has anyone come across any 2.0 Compact packages in the general Indy area that have night sights from the factory and the 3rd magazine? I see Top Shelf has that package for a great price and after I get a bit more shooting in with my 2.0 I may be looking to add a second. Problem is, Top Shelf is like 3 hours from me and while I like the idea of going down there, 6 hours in the car round trip isn't sounding like fun.

I called ZX and they had some similarly priced but I doubt they were NS versions, give them a call, with the Indy 1500 coming up maybe they are going to bring some?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got to shoot the 2.0 Compact some more today. Liking this gun more and more. Not sure what it is but this gun just shoots well for me (at least for what my skill set is). Ringing steel plates at MCF&G this morning.

Part of it is I just haven't been shooting much lately so just making time to get out there is nice. Also warmed up with my my AA conversion kit on my Gen 3 Glock 19 frame and was doing well with it today also.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Got to shoot the 2.0 Compact some more today. Liking this gun more and more. Not sure what it is but this gun just shoots well for me (at least for what my skill set is). Ringing steel plates at MCF&G this morning.

Part of it is I just haven't been shooting much lately so just making time to get out there is nice. Also warmed up with my my AA conversion kit on my Gen 3 Glock 19 frame and was doing well with it today also.

Nice. If I can find one with a decent trigger, I will probably pick it up for my wife and daughter to shoot.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Let us know, I picked up some HST's as well to try out.

After shooting it the 2nd time, I must have had sissy finger first outing. Trigger was fine, chewed thru HP & FMJ & Xtreme 124gr & Blue Bullet 124gr. 100% & I was tearing those targets up!

Never dreamed after first outing I'd like this gun, but I loved it today, moved into keeper category. Now, you that are still reading go to classifieds & buy my FDE 9mm so I can buy NS, Holster, & mags for my Compact!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    After shooting it the 2nd time, I must have had sissy finger first outing. Trigger was fine, chewed thru HP & FMJ & Xtreme 124gr & Blue Bullet 124gr. 100% & I was tearing those targets up!

Never dreamed after first outing I'd like this gun, but I loved it today, moved into keeper category. Now, you that are still reading go to classifieds & buy my FDE 9mm so I can buy NS, Holster, & mags for my Compact!

Welcome to the NEW darkside brother !!!!!!!!

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Shooting mine in it's 2nd class tomorrow. Looking forward to putting more rounds through it. I ordered a Bravo Concealment Torsion IWB holster and it just showed up on Thursday so putting a new rig through the paces tomorrow as well. Like the gun a lot so far - need more mags though!!!!

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    I held one at my lgs and was quite impressed. I saw many improvements over the first gen and really want to try one out. I'm especially interested in the compact model

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, that 459.00 deal is the best i've seen. I have seen from 459.00 to 519.00.

I've seen some lower prices, but that package with the night sights and the extra mag (total of 3) is the best all around package price I've seen, especially if you get down to that area.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Got to handle one at the LGS today. Compared it directly to the Gen 5 G19. Clearly the Smith feels better in the hand, that trigger is horrible though. Would like to get a chance to shoot them side by side.

I agree about the M&P trigger on the 2.0 Compact; thought it was cheap and gritty when compared to my G19. Hell, my Shield's trigger felt better than the one on the new M&P. I also looked at the front of the frame at the end of the barrel below the slide. On the one looked at, you could kinda twist the end of the frame back and forth with your fingers? Seemed odd and cheap. Tried to do that to my G19; it was solid. I didn't shoot one yet but not sure if I'd spend the ~$475 for one. Maybe after I shot one?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    2nd 2.0 Compact arrived today. Will have to get out and shoot this one a bit soon. Then to get a good IWB holster and some night sights for one of them.

Top Bottom