• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just had to do it... I added a new M&P 40 Pro Series to my M&P stable, and all I can say is Wow!

My new M&P was purchased at XZ Guns in Goshen, IN at a buy me now price of $550. I took it to the range after work, and found that it shoots quite a bit better than my older M&P 40 full-size. The group below shows 15 rounds in a less than 2" target area at 20-yards, and that was in sub freezing temps while wearing gloves.

Although the trigger is considerably better than that found on a standard M&P, I will still be upgrading it with an Apex Tactical Hard Sear. I have grown accustomed to the Apex enhanced trigger feel, and I just don't want to have different triggers on my M&P's.

If you haven't checked out an M&P Pro Series before, I would HIGHLY recommend that you take one for a spin... It's not your father's M&P.

M&P 40 Pro Series Specs:
    • Caliber: .40 S&W
    • Capacity: 15+1 Rounds
    • Barrel: 4.25" Match Grade
    • Sights: Low Profile Tritium Night Sight
    • Trigger Pull: 4 to 5.5 lbs.
    • Finish: Black Melonite on Stainless
    • Assembly: S&W Performance Center Division

mymp40pro.jpg

firstgroup20yards.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Did the smoke freeze and fall to the ground coming out of the barrel ? :D

Congrats on a sweet purchase! I held off on a M&P for quite a while till just a couple months ago and now I wonder why I waited so long. Sweet shooting pistol.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Would consider selling you stock trigger?

The trigger itself does not get replaced on an M&P trigger job. The piece that is replaced is the "sear", and yes I would consider selling it. It would be a fine upgrade to the standard M&P.

PM me if you are interested.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That's some impressive shooting gglass. I've got the itch for a new(ish) pistol and the M&P is definitely on the list of possibilities. I refuse to buy a new pistol so hopefully I'll find a used one for a good price.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Yup, the Pro is the best gun going!

I call mine "The Gun That Can't Miss."

Jokingly, of course, but not really!

I now have 2 Pros in the 4.25" barrel 9mm version.

They will not be sold ever.

Vanguard.45

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I love my M&P even if it isn't a pro series. I've mentioned many times that I purchased a Kimber to replace it as my EDC but I just can't bring myself to retire the M&P 9C because it just performs so damn well.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    That's some impressive shooting gglass. I've got the itch for a new(ish) pistol and the M&P is definitely on the list of possibilities. I refuse to buy a new pistol so hopefully I'll find a used one for a good price.

Thanks.

I wish that I'd known you were in the market. I would have sold you my previous M&P40. (I sold it too cheap to a coworker) It was in superb condition and had the Apex Sear installed. The only reason I sold it was just to scratch the itch of getting another Pro version.

I see M&P's in the classified section all the time. I highly recommend getting one and adding the Apex performance parts. Once upgraded, the M&P's go from duty pistols to World Class shooters.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    MP Pro

Very nice I own an MP Pro 5" 9mm shoots great. I shot an MP Pro 40 5"
    one of the early ones. Very nice. Hope SW sells the Pro 5" 40 uppers
    sometime. I could put it on my FS 40

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    That's an excellent looking pistol you picked up there! Nice shooting as well.

I have been doing a little bit of research on M&P .40 Pro Series the past few days and then what do you know, I see this thread. Now I really want to track one of these down.

How does the M&P Pro Series stack up in terms of reliability/durability?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

I have been doing a little bit of research on M&P .40 Pro Series the past few days and then what do you know, I see this thread. Now I really want to track one of these down.

I cannot speak of the Pro, but my M&P 40 fullsize with the Apex DCAEK in it, has surpassed 2000 rounds in 2 1/2 months, with zero failures.

I would surmise that the Pro will be every bit as good.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I just had to do it... I added a new M&P 40 Pro Series to my M&P stable, and all I can say is Wow!

My new M&P was purchased at XZ Guns in Goshen, IN at a buy me now price of $550. I took it to the range after work, and found that it shoots quite a bit better than my older M&P 40 full-size. The group below shows 15 rounds in a less than 2" target area at 20-yards, and that was in sub freezing temps while wearing gloves.

Although the trigger is considerably better than that found on a standard M&P, I will still be upgrading it with an Apex Tactical Hard Sear. I have grown accustomed to the Apex enhanced trigger feel, and I just don't want to have different triggers on my M&P's.

If you haven't checked out an M&P Pro Series before, I would HIGHLY recommend that you take one for a spin... It's not your father's M&P.

M&P 40 Pro Series Specs:
    • Caliber: .40 S&W
    • Capacity: 15+1 Rounds
    • Barrel: 4.25" Match Grade
    • Sights: Low Profile Tritium Night Sight
    • Trigger Pull: 4 to 5.5 lbs.
    • Finish: Black Melonite on Stainless
    • Assembly: S&W Performance Center Division

mymp40pro.jpg

firstgroup20yards.jpg

The M&P Pro .40 will be next purchase. I shoot USPSA with my M&P 9 and absolutely love it. I do have the Apex Competition Trigger Kit in my 9mm. The reset is much improved. I haven't hardly put any rounds in my XD since I purchased my M&P.

Yup. Wow!

I got the 9mm Pro 5" and love it.

Glock? What's that?

Right on!

Does anyone know in the Indy area if Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis has any in stock?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

Here is a nice writeup on the M&P in Defense Review. I think that this guy has really put his M&P's through the ringer, and has found that they are as durable as anything else out there.

I have never had a single issue with any of my M&P's, and I've never been miserly with my ammo. M&P's remind my the old Timex ads... "They take a lickin' and keep on tickin".

Defense Review - Smith & Wesson Military & Police Review

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Here is a nice writeup on the M&P in Defense Review. I think that this guy has really put his M&P's through the ringer, and has found that they are as durable as anything else out there.

I have never had a single issue with any of my M&P's, and I've never been miserly with my ammo. M&P's remind my the old Timex ads... "They take a lickin' and keep on tickin".

Defense Review - Smith & Wesson Military & Police pistol series

Good to hear! Thank you for the link to that writeup. I appreciate it. :yesway:

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I cannot speak of the Pro, but my M&P 40 fullsize with the Apex DCAEK in it, has surpassed 2000 rounds in 2 1/2 months, with zero failures.

I would surmise that the Pro will be every bit as good.

Thank you for the feedback! Thus far I've heard nothing but excellent impressions/experiences regarding this pistol.

Top Bottom