• Poll closed .

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I used to own a full size XDm in 9mm.

I currently own a .40 XDm and a 9mm M&P. I refuse to vote because there is no option for "Both" and that would be my vote.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Was able to play with both in the store before I bought the M&P.
    Just liked the feel of it a little bit better.
    They're both good guns, get the one that feels right to you.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have both XDs and a new XDm 5.25. Like them so much I got rid of all 1911's and gear a couple years ago.

Have shot a M&P and they are good to go. Just prefer the XD.

If TGO likes em they cant be too bad.

Just dont offer me one of those dog terds called glock.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have a couple XDM 9 & 40 4.5". I really like the XDM 40. I don't tend to like the 40 S&W but for some reason the XDM shoots extremely smooth for me.

Nothing against the M&P but they have never felt right to me. I'd take an FN over both though.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I was in the same boat last year with an XD, M&P and Glock. Went to the 1500, and got to handle all 3 and the XD fit my hand the best, every time I pull it up the sights just aligned. Try both and go with what fits.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    M&P :yesway:

picture.php

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    True you can fix it, but I can buy an XDm with a great trigger to begin with! I will admit that the M&P is a little better looking, I am not buying it for it's looks!!!

I shot both before buying...and I hated the XDM trigger. The MP Pro was smooth as butter. And I walked out with it. That was 2500 rounds ago. :)

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    M&P hands down. I have owned both.
    This.
    The trigger is an easy fix.

Ugly is forever...

As are poor design features. You can church it up all you want with new design lines, a fancy box and "interchangeable backstraps", but the bore axis is still stupid high, and the overall height is unnecessarily long. I DO like the extra capacity in the XDm however, but can get extended magazines for the M&P series. Full size VS full size the M&P works better for the way I carry.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    This.

As are poor design features. You can church it up all you want with new design lines, a fancy box and "interchangeable backstraps", but the bore axis is still stupid high, and the overall height is unnecessarily long. I DO like the extra capacity in the XDm however, but can get extended magazines for the M&P series. Full size VS full size the M&P works better for the way I carry.

Im so sick of this ignorance of bore axis horse hockey. I suspect if you were not told of it you would never know it or can actually tell the difference.
    Its miniscule and the 1911 actually has a "bore axis" which is higher.
    With lots of people its a chevy vs ford silly argument. You like what you like so you tear down what you dont.

I can buy extended mags for a XD and Im currently waiting on a 28+1 170mm set of mags for multigun. That is the maximum legal length.

You talk about looks. Wow that really affects the functionality of a firearm eh? The only people who worry about that are the mall ninja crowd or the group that spends more time posing their guns for photos with a "tactical" knife, "tactical"flashlight and other uber "tactical" stuff instead of shooting the gun.

When you start shooting and winning at a national level then I might be inclined to listen to this drivel. Till then your just parroting the BS of the "my guns better than your gun" crowd.

The last line you wrote "Full size VS full size the M&P works better for the way I carry" is the only thing you need to say to express a valid opinion.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have been told you can't fix the long trigger pulls on the M&P..... not a fan of that.

You can basically eliminate pre-travel with the Apex FSS.

Or if you don't want to go to that extreme, the Apex AEKs make the pre-travel so light and smooth it becomes almost negligible. What you end up with is a very light pre-travel and then a solid "wall" before the trigger breaks. It's very easy to hold the trigger just before the break point with the AEKs.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I DO like the extra capacity in the XDm however, but can get extended magazines for the M&P series. Full size VS full size the M&P works better for the way I carry.

Are you referring to the extended mags for the compact? I've not found extended mags (like the glock 33 rd mag) for the full size line above the standard 17 round mag. If you have a source I'm all ears. :yesway:

Top Bottom